Windows 7 Gaming Problems with Solutions

Discussion in 'Trek Gaming' started by black_dranzer, Jan 15, 2010.

1. yochenhsieh

yochenhsieh Lieutenant Red Shirt

Re: Dominion Wars on Vista/Windows 7

The so called "altered US version of the EXE" is in fact the US version v1.04 ds9dw.exe.

I think you can try the download in the mediafire link I posted yesterday. Not sure if it works, but should worth a try.

2. Haggis and tatties

Haggis and tatties Vice Admiral Admiral

^^The unaltered US patch version would install but would not work with the EU/UK version of the game as the EU/Uk version would not see the US patch, it would only see either the EU/UK version or the altered US version.

Bummer i know........how many hours i spent with a parti HDD with win 98/ME to run these games.......then of course the hardware inside the PC advanced so far that issues like new video cards that had no drivers made for the older OS became the norm. :(

3. Freman

Freman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Windows 7 ST Game Install & Run Issues with Solutions

Star Trek Voyager Elite Force? How do I get this to run?

4. Nexus-6

Nexus-6 Ensign Newbie

Thanks! This worked great to run Starfleet Command on my laptop running Win7 :bolian:

5. teeth_03

teeth_03 Ensign Newbie

anyone have SFC3 running in Windows 8?

6. Tarvin

Tarvin Cadet Newbie

Hey,

I think I have an new type of Problem.

Got the Game working so far. I see the Intro, but after that it stops. There are the logos from Gizmo, Simon & Schuster and the Elefant think. I can hear music (from the menu, I guess) but nothing happens.

I tried the 1600 resolution, tried to insert the CD while the Intro was running but for no effects.

Can someone help me?

Thx

Tarvin

7. James

James Guest

I got Starfleet Academy to run on Windows 7, the only problem it has was the steering was always going up and to the left.

8. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Anybody know how to get Klingon Academy running on Windows 8? I've got installed on my gaming rig and the menus work, but once I try to start controlling a ship, all I get is a black screen with white dots.

9. rachel12

rachel12 Guest

may be its game bug issue, or you system doesn't vary it configuration..

10. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Nah, I just didn't have the right patches and had to dig around a bit.

11. SFC3

SFC3 Lieutenant Red Shirt

I don't know if you guys need it, but here's my guide for installing A Final Unity (it also works for any modern DOS game but with modifications) for modern PC's. I picked the game up at Half Price Books for 5 dollars, still sealed. What a bargain.

http://puu.sh/6kjLn.txt

Let me know if you need help or if the guide needs revisions. I'll do a Judgment Rites CD-ROM version as well.

12. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

elite force wont install!!!

Ok so i recently tried installing elite force on my windows 7 pc and no matter what i do it wont work. The weird thing is the install menu starts up fine but when i press install it goes away like its preparing for the installation but nothing happends. Also iv tried using capatibility mode but i cant find the start up exe can any one help?

13. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Recently installed Armada 1 & 2 to our Windows 7 laptop. When I click play I get a message that I don't have enough Virtual memory! Both worked fine on my old XP.

Luckily no such problems with Bridge commander, just the Armada's.

Any help would be appreciated!

14. StalwartUK

StalwartUK Captain Captain

Try the 1.3 (fan made) patch for Armada 1. That should fix issues like that. There's also a 1.2.5 patch for Armada 2.

15. Viper78

Viper78 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Thanks for that:techman: I managed to get both to work using the compatibility mode this morning.

16. Inactive-Shapeshifter

Inactive-Shapeshifter Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Star Trek - Borg

I'm trying to install the Star Trek Borg interactive movie game on my win 7 64bits, but it keeps saying that it can't run because the installer is for 32bits... Is there any way around this? Or will i have to accept that and go back to bridge commander? :rommie:

If anyone wants to knows what game i'm talking about...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi2HO5e_oeM

OBS: I already got the patch...

17. Kor

Kor Fleet Admiral Admiral

^ How about running the install package in "compatibility mode" or whatever it's called?

Kor

18. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

Has anyone got Birth of the Federation working on Windows 10? I've tried online ideas and while the game loads and will run for about a minute, it then crashes. I can't seem to sort it. Compatibility mode doesn't fix it, either.

Last edited: May 26, 2017
  19. cultcross

cultcross Postponed for the snooker Moderator

To answer my own question, Armada Fleet Command now have an 'All in One' downloader which gives you the vanilla game, all the currently available mods, and a management application which runs them on Windows 10.
    http://www.armadafleetcommand.com/botf

INACTIVEUSS Einstein likes this.
  20. INACTIVEUSS Einstein

INACTIVEUSS Einstein Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Dunno if it has been posted, but someone made this excellent guide to running Klingon Honor Guard on Windows 10. There are basically three things needed: video files (this one is optional), audio files, modified maps, and a patch - all just need extracting to the install folder - all of the necessary things except the video files are located there.

Running Klingon Honor Guard on Windows 10

There is also a way to sort of get Star Trek: Generations running on modern systems, although it's finicky and the method is a bit more involved. The installer was 16bit, while modern computers can only run 32bit and 64bit programs, so the installer can be replaced to allow the installation of the game itself, which is 32bit (this is a common problem with old games). The game itself will run, but has problems playing videos and you have to right click between missions as they load or the game crashes (weird, I know).

[​IMG]

But both games are great for the simple reason that you can explore planets and settings in much more detail than with modern games. Generations had an inventory system, and you could go to planets like Antillios, Bersus II, Galorndon Core, etc. KHG was the Dark Forces of Star Trek, and you could visit places like Tong Vey and Rura Penthe.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2018