Best Planet Of The Apes sequel?

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Klingon, Dec 9, 2012.

?

Fave Planet Of The Apes sequel?

1. Beneath The Planet Of The Apes

14 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Escape From The Planet Of The Apes

12 vote(s)
    34.3%
  3. Conquest Of The Planet Of The Apes

9 vote(s)
    25.7%
  4. Battle For The Planet Of The Apes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

^No, I offered a different explanation for the Abramsverse there. Basically my DTI-novel temporal-physics model is that an altered timeline tends to collapse together with its original only if there is a 2-way exchange of matter, energy, or information between them, causing them to be mutually quantum-entangled and thus drawn together. If the exchange of mass/energy is only one-way -- as, for instance, via passage through a black hole -- then there is no collapse and the timelines can coexist, although the altered timeline has a one-way entanglement with the original and its events may thus be influenced to unfold in a similar way.

But what does this have to do with Planet of the Apes again?

2. Stevil2001

Stevil2001 Vice Admiral Admiral

That's correct, from the film itself. Cornelius's testimony in Escape puts the ape uprising generations after his presence on Earth.

They replay some of that testimony in Battle, but snip the time indications out of it.

3. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

You know, that's one reason the new POTA films intrigue me. We may finally get a series of POTA movies that actually do form a cohesive continuity instead of just pretending to.

Although the time-loop structure of the original POTA films has created the unique situation where the reboot of the franchise was essentially a loose remake of the fourth film rather than the first. And I wonder how much Dawn will have in common with Battle.

4. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

I wonder if they'll ever reach a point equivalent to the original movie.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

That they launch Charlton Heston into space never to return in our lifetimes, crowing "Smell you later asshole!" while giving his ship the finger as it climbs towards the heavens?

Yes.

I can totally see that happening.

6. USS Intrepid

USS Intrepid Commodore Commodore

I honestly can't pick one. Love the original movie (and enjoyed the recent movie very much) but while I enjoyed them when I was younger, I find the sequels pretty unwatchable now.