Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman In ‘Batman Vs. Superman’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Enterprise is Great, Dec 4, 2013.

1. the G-man

the G-man Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

As others have noted, they are promoting the character as Wonder Woman already. The audience isn't going to be surprised, nor is that necessarily a perquisite to a good film.

For example: To go back to TDKR, Anne Hathaway's character is never called "Catwoman," but from pre-release publicity even people who have never picked up a comic book knew from the first second on screen who she was supposed to be. And did that "ruin" the movie? Of course not.

2. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I believe Amy Adams said on "Jimmy Kimmel Live" that the MOS 2 script was done and the filming would begin soon.

I believe one of the producers also put a lot of rumors to rest as well. Specifically that the film being a Superman Sequel and not a quasi-Justice League prequel.

3. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

Gal Gadot appeared on an Israeli talk show and a viewer translated some of the information she provided for Batmannews.com. She's signed to a three-film deal, her salary for Superman/Batman is $300,000, and she's currently scheduled to start work on the film in May.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The new animated movie Justice League War ####ed up the Wonder Woman Costume.

The characterization was great, and I loved all the beheddings, but they tried to cover up too much skin and what she wound up wearing looked like jazzerobics tights.

Lets hope the movie doesn't go too far off the reservation too.

5. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Hmm, wonder if that's when production as a whole starts, or if it's just when she starts filming her scenes. And $300,000 sure doesn't seem like a lot, compared to what the men are probably getting, but that might just speak to the limited amount of screentime WW gets in the movie...

6. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

April/May is what's being mentioned as the start date for filming now. As to the salary, Warners typically pays better than Marvel/Disney. RDJ gets a huge payday because of how important he is to Marvel's success and the other Marvel actors negotiated pay increases after The Avengers, but they first signed up to low-ball salaries. Chris Evans reportedly got $300,000 for starring in Captain America: The First Avenger.

7. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

It's a pretty good payday for her at this point in her career.

8. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

She probably will also have box office bonuses as well, when the film hits certain numbers, and don't forget she will also be getting residuals on every DVD, Blu Ray, VOD AND she is probably getting a bit of the action from every action figure that looks like her.

Potentially all of the other money she'll be getting will be much more than the 300K she's being paid for this one film.

9. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

^And if the movie is a hit and people like her take on the character she can probably get herself a better deal on future movies. She's also fairly new to Hollywood, so that's probably a pretty average amount for someone in her situation.

10. M.A.C.O.

11. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

This is not news. Of course, they are going to sign her up for multiple films. What those films are have not been confirmed by WB, not do they have an obligation to make or keep her.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBvVuF-L4mU[/yt]

12. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

That was pretty much my thought as well. Like they said in the video, they always sign actors in potential franchises for multiple movies.

13. M.A.C.O.

Gal in this dress though.
    [​IMG]

Definitely has the look of a princess. A goddess even!

14. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

What I want to see from this gal is what I have wanted to see on Supernatural for years... Someone ripping the wings off an Angel.

I also wouldn't mind see that on the next X-Men Movie.

15. Flying Spaghetti Monster

16. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

17. Flying Spaghetti Monster

I was being sarcastic... it's impressive. Shows they got her working hard!

I think she'll be fine. She may still be small in the end compared to what most might imagine, but she has got a got of charm and personality to spare. And a great, memorable voice.

If there was a sarcasm font I would have used it.

18. Anwar

Anwar Admiral Admiral

Well, it's not like Lynda Carter went all ripped for the WW role herself.

19. M.A.C.O.

^ You speak the truth Anwar!

[​IMG]

For those who haven't seen this. Gal looks so fine, in those jeans.
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dowtG0Opx6g[/yt]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  20. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I think it's funny, why does Wonder Woman NEED to look buff? Don't her powers come from supernatural forces? Superman doesn't NEED to be buff: his powers come from the yellow sun.