Breaking Bad - Season 5

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Agent Richard07, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Capt. Vulcan

Capt. Vulcan Vice Admiral Admiral

My theory about the gun and that opening scene is that Walt is already done by then and there's no real showdown coming. His cancer is back. Walt J. an Skylar are dead, possibly even Hank and Jesse. Walt has gone on the run. The final scene will be him taking the gun out of the back of the car and coldly opening fire on the headquarters of grey matter.

Lol, ok not really since they showed the gretchen and the other guy live in ABQ, but it would be a huge difference to how people expect the show to end.

2. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

That would be kinda hilarious. :lol: What a fucked up ending that'd be.

3. Trubinator

Trubinator Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I trust Vince Gilligan to end the show right. It's just hard to see where they might take us before the end.

4. CaptainCanada

CaptainCanada Admiral Admiral

Gus determined on killing him because of Walt's actions to save Jesse from killing the dealers, something Mike always seems to overlook given that he still likes Jesse. Walt's got ego up the wazoo, but that was hardly an instance of it.
    They can arrest him on suspicion of funnelling illegal drug money, since they know who is picking up the cash, and it's not clear what his explanation for where the money came from would be. Moreover, once the deposits have been halted, the nine guys will flip, regardless of what he does; better to make a deal while the dealing is good.

Mike isn't formally his client (Mike's lawyer is Saul), so he can give evidence against him.

5. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

It's been a while since I've seen those episodes; was it made clear that Mike knew everything about the death of the kid and Walt's subsequent killing of the dealers? Or was he just ordered to take out Walt and, like a good soldier, was ready to do the deed without asking any questions?

6. DarthPipes

DarthPipes Vice Admiral Admiral

I just finished watching all 53 episodes of Breaking Bad. Over two months of course. I finally caught up with the show this afternoon. I absolutely love it...I'm just sorry I have to watch it like a normal person now. I can't wait for the season finale though. :techman:

7. Dorian Thompson

Dorian Thompson Admiral Admiral

DarthPipes! You joined the club. Outstanding. I became a recent convert myself about a month ago. It's good stuff, isn't it? :bolian: I marathoned it myself once I got into it. I couldn't stop. Very addictive.

To me, "balancing the scales" would be Walt beating the cancer for good. Mr. White, the treatment worked! You're part of the tiny minority who've gone into complete remission. What a lucky, lucky man you are....sorry to hear about your family being dead, and BTW, you're going to prison. What luck! You can serve your full 30 year sentence now. Last shot: Walter getting his face shoved into the floor by another inmate. He realizes he'll be abused for the rest of his (unfortunately long) life. Guess you should have taken the 5 mil and been content, eh?

8. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I just checked, Mike was present for all those meetings, so he knew why Jesse acted and why Walt got involved.

Maybe what Mike meant was that Gus had no interest in killing Walt or Jesse after they killed Gale, maybe Gus would have been okay to let them cook and stay out of their lives so long as they didn't infringe on his business again. But Walt refused to drop it, he tried to shoot Gus in his home, he tried to convince Mike to turn on Gus, and he tried to get Jesse to poison Gus. Maybe it was those acts that pushed Gus once again toward wanting to kill Walt.

9. Harvey

Harvey Admiral Admiral

In light of Gus' brutal murder of Victor in front of Walt, Jesse, and Mike, I have a hard time believing that he would have just let Walt be. But the thought does put an interesting spin on Walt's actions in season four.

10. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Another Great episode! is is 2013 yet??

11. Joe Washington

Joe Washington Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

About time, Hank. What a way to end the first half of S5 and set up the second half of the season which will be the downfall of Walter White/Heisenberg.

12. sidious618

sidious618 Admiral Admiral

When I saw the Walt Whitman book again at the beginning I figured that might be the key to Walt's undoing but I didn't think it'd happen in this episode until I saw the fly in his backyard. Then I knew.

Damn. It's gonna be a long wait.

13. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Certainly very ironic that he was actually going to walk away. I feel like this says that even though they never revealed the outcome of that MRI, he's still in remission, & reflecting on how he came to all this, when he looked at the paper towel dispenser

It would seem there's still some old Walt left in there, however short lived it might be, given the impending state of affairs. None of them will walk away so easily as this episode toys with

An episode like this just makes me think how awful this whole thing will get, for all of them. 54 episodes to build it all up. 8 to tear it all down. That's impressive

Proving once again that the biggest revelations of our lives happen on the shitter

14. DarthPipes

Great stuff, Dorian! :techman:

Good episode tonight although not as good as the last three episodes leading up to it. I thought it was a little slow-moving (the killing of the prisoners aside) and that the Walt/Lydia conversation dragged on too long. But the last couple of minutes were great. The Walt and Jesse friendship continues to be the most interesting and complex on television. I'm not surprised Jesse armed himself...I thought Walt was going to try to give him the ricin. That ricin is bound to be used at some point.

I'm glad Hank finally discovered the truth. Keeping that book around was more of Walt's hubris. I could definitely see him doing that. He never would have expected in a million years that Hank would pick it up. Hank vs Walt should be fascinating next season and Hank may find it difficult to investigate since Walt is out. Although realistically, the truth about Walt will probably end Hank's career.

15. Dorian Thompson

I think the cancer's back. That's why he wanted his kids back and why he tried to do right by Jesse and give him his money. I was wondering if he'd left one of Mike's body parts in the bag--but it was three months later. :guffaw: It would have been mouldy and smelly by then so I guess not. However, that's how depraved Walter's been, enough to make me wonder. But he wanted to do right by Jesse, so that's what made me think the cancer's back. On some deep, psychotic level, Walt cares about Jesse just a little bit. Obviously Jesse thought Walt was going to try something; that's why he was armed. Perhaps Walt's affections aren't returned any longer. :lol: Jesse's afraid of him, no doubt.

Now that Hank's on to Walt--that's what will pull Jesse back in. Jesse's already on the radar because of the previous incident with Hank. Who here thinks Hank will start leaning on him? I do, and then the question of how far will Walt go for self preservation comes into play again. That's a plausible way to keep Jesse in Walt's orbit even though the meth business is done. Kudos to you, Mr. Gilligan, for roping Jesse back in but creating believable conflict between him and Walter again because of Mike's death and the possibility that Jesse could sell Walt out. Jesse may be angry enough to do it. That is some sick chemistry between Paul and Cranston, but it's brilliant. Watching paint dry is better than watching Walter make meth with Todd. At the end of the day, Paul and Cranston rock together whether Jesse and Walter are trying to kill each other or not.

I guess Marie's pregnant. Prenatal vitamins needed and thank the maker VG didn't make Hank clueless forever. VG is, however, a sick f'ing man. Nine prison murders set to Nat King Cole??? :wtf:

16. DarthPipes

I think the lack of chemistry between Walter and Todd works though. It shows what he's missing with Jesse.

17. Dorian Thompson

True, that. To think that Vince Gilligan had planned to kill him off in episode 9 of season 1--think how different Breaking Bad would have been without Paul. I can't imagine Walter adrift in the crime world all by himself. Fly is one of my favorite episodes of the entire series. We wouldn't have gotten that. :borg:

18. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

Huh. How was that the tip-off?

True dat.

19. Dorian Thompson

So I'm dumb and confused. When Jesse said that Saul told him what did, was he speaking of Mike or the 9 guys?

20. stj

stj Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exhaustion caught up with me. What happened between Walter going into Jesse's house and the family get-together at the pool?