Is WB simply afraid of Wonder Woman?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Ian Keldon, Nov 24, 2012.

1. M'rk son of Mogh

M'rk son of Mogh Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked it!
    It's fan made. I'm a fan of comics and their characters and I certainly can't make anything close to that. I'm impressed and there's no reason to use this (or not to) as a reason to avoid making a movie.

2. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I did not find it all that entertaining. Far to choppy even for some type of trailer. The actress cast as WW just didnt feel right for the part. So, we keep waiting and watching and waiting.

3. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

Too many people think if you get the look right, the production values right, that it equates to quality. There's also the aspect of tone. WW is an icon and people have strong opinions about her and what qualities she should embody. She's kind of the female version of Superman, after all. IMHO, she is NOT supposed to be a Rambo as presented in that trailer.

4. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

^/^^ Yeah, I'd rather watch a real scene from an imaginary movie than fragments of imaginary scenes from an imaginary movie.

5. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Rambo? She's starting her speeches about peaceful integration of the sexes as equals when Joey Mengele decides that he wants to scoop out all the eggs from her ovaries and create a real master race of Supermen.

Have you seem the German movie Anatomy about antithypocratic Doctors who believe in experimentation on a few is beneficial to the greater good. In the opening credits you have this lady waking up half way through surgery where she reaches out with her hand to stop the Doctors only to "notice" that 3/4's of the skin and muscle that made up her palm and fingers has been removed.

Although maybe artificial insemination was beyond the Nazis?

But tying first Diana and then all the Amazons to a wall until they are pregnant from the line of approved SS Officers going around the block isn't.

In the 70s TV show, the Nazis invaded Paradise Island to get the Femozonium Mine so they could build super bullet proof tanks out of the stuff Diana's bracelets are made from.

Hitler liked science, but he loved religion.

Wonder Woman has met Zeus which is proof that Jesus is bullshit.

He'd destroy that Island completely to save Christianity from being smudged by controverting facts.

6. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

^Hitler or Jesus?

7. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the trailer was really cool.

8. Guy Gardener

Well, Jesus might destroy a civilization for Hitler if the messiah believed that he owed Adolf a solid for taking care of the Jews, but JC would only verify his existence by nuking Themyscira, thus making the attack utterly redundant.

9. Nerys Myk

I think Hiter would prefer Donar or Woden nuked the Amazons, rather than some 1st Century Jewish prophet.

10. Guy Gardener

You might think that, but if the Aesir threatened the Fuhrer's faith in God and Jesus he would destroy them too, even if they were immortal beings who created the Earth and the universe and had guided mankind for millennia.

Valkyries and Thunder Gods was just shits and giggles for Hitler.

The bible is real.

It is unforgivable to allow shits and giggles to displace reality.

11. Nerys Myk

IIRC, Hitler mostly gave lip service to Christianity, he wasn't much of a believer. He's quoted as calling Christianity a weak religion and wished Germans followed a more militaristic faith.

12. Guy Gardener

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

I just skimmed through the interesting bits.

My less than serious point of view still holds water because Adolf was batshit crazy.

Hitler believed that Jesus was an Aryan anti-Semite.

That's comedy gold.

I'll amend my previous stipulation to state that Hitler believed in the bible after he rewrote it.

You have to wonder if Nazi Germany could have sweet talked a diplomatic Relationship out of Diana, because the concentration camps and everything else was above top secret right up until the last days of the war...

In JLA New Frontier, the comic, Eisenhower slaps Diana on the rump and calls her a "Good little woman" or something equally dismissive, where-after she hesitantly decides not to snap the President over her knee.

Can you imagine a racist angry drunk like Churchill would be any more more presentable?

Honestly, a teetotalling vegetarian putting his best foot forward as long as he kept all his skeletons in an awfully large closet could rightly make a better first impression than the good guys.

But that's the problem with crazy people they don't know when to lie.

13. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I liked it. :)

14. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Odd fans get WW but the studio struggles. :shrug:

15. Guy Gardener

Do you mean odd as in "few" or odd as in "peculiar"?

16. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't think WB is scared of Wonder Woman; I think they're just scared of super heroes in general. The feature film division of WB doesn't "get it"; I imagine their meetings are a lot like Wall Street tycoons trying to plot the next My Little Pony episode. I envision a few moments of awkward silence and then a grey haired suit exclaiming "What is this shit?" just before he demands a glass of scotch.

I believe WB has had success by luck on their super hero feature films. It was the happenstance that Donner, Burton and Nolan were interested; that's all. WB doesn't know good from bad on this stuff; they are absolutely befuddled by it. They finally just pick something like pulling the handle on the slot machine and then see what come up.

17. Gotham Central

Gotham Central Vice Admiral Admiral

The thing is that their TV and animation divisions do not seem to have problems at all.

All they really need to do is put some of their comic, TV and animation writers together in a room and tell them to write a script.

18. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

The voiceover at the 1:20 mark sounds like Marina Sirtis.

19. Nightowl1701

Nightowl1701 Commodore Commodore

20. Guy Gardener

They dno't write animated movies any more.

They just strictly adapt existing popular comicbooks.

"Strictly"

No room for creativity.

They're telling writers to be editors.

Their job is to strip a comic book script until it's the size of a movie script, while dealing with thought bubbles and the endless narrative from dialogue boxes.

You call that artistic integrity?