DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'm JSA junkie. So I might be biased.

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

I'm enjoying Earth 2, and I've looking at very very few non-Batman/GL DC books nowadays.

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Me, too. I think E2 is the most interesting of the nu52. They are taking the biggest risks.

4. The Lensman

The Lensman Commodore Commodore

Me three. Missed a couple of issues, hope it's still going strong.

5. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Action
    Detective
    Earth 2
    Worlds' Finest
    Dial H
    Smallville

Week 1 is my big pull day and I'm already about a week behind on my reading!

6. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

another JSA fan here. i really enjoy Earth 2. the one thing i don't like thus far is the new take on Terry Sloane. but looks like next issue will be about him so maybe they can change my mind.

7. Derishton

Derishton Vice Admiral Admiral

Earth 2 lost me, but I'm not sure why. I'm still reading and liking Worlds' Finest. Although to be honest, it's essay marking season and I am weeks behind on buying anything.

8. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i'm kind of the opposite. i started out liking World's Finest but i felt the last two or three issues have been kinda blah.

9. Trekker4747

WF has been sort of stuck in neutral for a while. Just basically being, "Gee, aren't these quirky girls just the bestest of friends?!" it's slowly becoming "Sex in the City: The Comic."

10. Derishton

You have to admit that would make for better TV than the Carrie Bradshaw prequel they're actually making ...

My tolerance for WF might be the art, partially, but then I should be able to say the same thing for the vastly underrated Nicola Scott.

11. Trekker4747

True.

The art in it is pretty good.

12. Fist McStrongpunch

Fist McStrongpunch Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Anyone else think that Khan from Earth 2 will end up being another classic wonder?

13. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yep. Just a question of which one...

14. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I still read World's Finest. Whatever they're trying to do with the first arc isn't the most riveting, but I like the two main characters. I like seeing a Supergirl-turned-Power Girl who also set herself up as a billionaire, along with a woman, Bruce's daughter no less, who used to be Robin. And fortunately we're getting some ample backstory to cover all that. If the writing fails to hold my interest, or if the title shifts to other less interesting characters, I'll most likely drop it.

15. Trekker4747

WF this month actually was pretty good, liked the fight between Huntress and Robin.

16. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

Damian's characterization seemed kinda off to me in WF. I can't quite put my finger on where exactly, though.

17. Trekker4747

I'm not overly familiar with him but it struck me as a bit "odd" too, maybe his over-eagerness to kill or otherwise greatly harm Huntress, something I would have thought he'd know better than to do in his time with Bruce.

18. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

His overeagerness to kill has been something that has and continues to be explored in "Batman and Robin"...having not read the issue though I can't really comment as to why he was off. Perhaps it was just the writer not really writing him "right" which has happened on occasion when Damian has appeared in other books.

19. Derishton

The revelation about the Shining Knight doesn't surprise me, except that it is pleasant to see a little more diversity in the DCU. What also should not surprise me is the angry internet fan-troll response to the Newsarama article. "Blubber blubber why doesn't everyone look like Barry Allen in 1956 blubber blubber whine?"

Yes, it might well be a publicity stunt. But it is surprising how often publicity stunts actually helped effect necessary historical change.

20. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Batman #14: Oh boy. Things pick up as Joker ups the anty against Batman and his allies and starts to reveal his overall plan. I really dig this Joker, and Greg Capullo's artwork is brilliant.