The Walking Dead Season 3

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gotham Central, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

The governor looks to be a bad man and a formidable challenge. With everything so bad right now in the world it was really painful to watch him do what he did with those troops. I really felt that more than you usually do in these shows where a baddie does something like that.

2. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

No, it was more the oxymoron of "surviving after fighting to the last man".

3. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, technically they could, considering the title of the show....

4. sojourner

Fair enough, hehe.

5. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I watched the episode again and the governor drinks the tea. Leading me to think there isn't drugs in it, unless it's some anti zombie drug.

aslo, Merle deliberately gives the governor the impression that andrea told him daryl was dead.

6. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

^^ Well, he could be saving the untainted Tea for the Guv.

Good point. It could very well have been a character judgment.

7. throwback

throwback Captain Captain

I don't think there is a bright future in this universe. People die, they become walkers. Walkers can survive longer without eating. The question is, how did this virus originate? it had to be a recent set of events that lead to the creation of the walkers.

8. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, that goes with the territory! With the exception of the horror/comedy Return of the Living Dead II (where the zombie problem is solved, and the heroes survive), I cannot recall another where the future was anything other than the death toll rising or permanent dread for the survivors.

I think the TV series will go the route of a man-made plague, rather than leaving the cause murky as in the 2004 Dawn of the Dead remake.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Shaun of the Dead.

10. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thanks! I didn't recognize the face. Still pretty oblivious at faces, I guess.

11. TREK_GOD_1

But in SotD, the zombie problem continued, so what kind of future would the living population look forward to? I don't think playing with decomposing bodies on game shows, or keeping one in the shed (on a chain) comedic or not--is a bright outcome for all involved.

12. Silvercrest

Silvercrest Vice Admiral Admiral

I dunno... the zombies probably thought it was a pretty good deal!

13. LitmusDragon

LitmusDragon Commodore Commodore

Does World War Z count? Granted, it's a book not a film.

14. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Question:

Are people that died before the outbreak able to reanimate? Or do you have to be living to catch the disease that everyone has? I'm just wondering what might be going down at the cemeteries.

15. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

We have no onscreen evidence that the already dead reanimate. But I always thought it was unlikely in the zombie flicks that portray the fact that they do that the zombie could crawl out of a coffin and up 6 feet of dirt. Besides they seem to be motivated on a need to feed and nothing in a coffin would agitate them.

16. TREK_GOD_1

I guess filmmakers hope the same suspension of disbelief used to buy cannibal zombies will apply to a rotting body bing able to move through hundreds of pounds of dirt, yet when they are walking around, they are no match for most humans in one on one struggles.

...unless the human was The Walking Dead's Dale, who seemed to just lay down for that zombie...

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Diseases can exist for centuries before becoming plagues under the right conditions-- the Black Death and AIDs are examples. There may have been individual instances or small outbreaks throughout History before the Zombie Apocalypse finally struck (although some government lab may have been trying to weaponize it or something).

I was thinking the same thing. They came out of it pretty well.

18. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Interesting that Woodbury also has a pregnant woman soon to give birth.

If we get to see the results of this baby and Lori's, maybe we'll find out if Rick has some special immunity passed on to Lori's baby while this unknown child doesn't. More likely, it's not going to be addressed.

19. sojourner

^??? Are you assuming that all children will be born undead?

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I was looking but I didn't see the wife or daughter's heads among the other heads.

Also the woman in the bed looked like the woman who gave Andrea and Michonne the guided tour of Woodbury.