NCC-1701 USS Enterprise Deck by Deck - WIP

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by havoc92, Jan 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. havoc92

havoc92 Commander Red Shirt

Oh yeah. lol.

2. havoc92

Yeah, I have usually got a more balanced lighting setup; but I deleted a lot of the lights in scene and mostly the blue ones
    without thinking about it.

3. havoc92

Thank you, sir.

4. havoc92

Making space for new toys this morning.. Lulzbot Taz 5 knocked on my door yesterday ;)

5. havoc92

Still chugging along. I rebuilt the blue Burke chairs over the last week. Kept the FJ version; but, I now have the standard
    style as well and that will probably be in scenes from now on. Also:

[​IMG]

It works great in 8th scale..

6. spockboy

spockboy Captain Captain

Excellent work!
    You are showing me a visual reality I could only imagine before.
    Well done!

:)Spockboy

7. havoc92

Thank you. I've got 4 complete chairs now and am working toward 9 finished pieces. After that, I'm thinking of doing the conference table, Captain's chair and navigation console. Still working deck 4 as well, so crawling along. Got a lot on the plate with other 3d work mixed in as well.

spockboy likes this.
  8. Sgt_G

Sgt_G Commodore Commodore

Four-footed chairs are a safety hazard and banned by OSHA regulations. All government / military office chairs must be five- or six-footed. Sorry, but you can't have that chair. :ouch:

9. havoc92

LOL.

10. havoc92

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Still working on the rest of it; but,...

TOMFAN and spockboy like this.
  11. OzoneNorth

OzoneNorth Cadet Newbie

I wonder whatever became of Havoc and his project? I was following this closely over the several sites he was posting on years ago. I’ve been thinking about this again as I realized it has been 50 years since I discovered the Franz Joseph Blueprints on sale at a B. Dalton Booksellers at my local Mall. I’ve always loved what FJ conceived and was looking forward to seeing how Havoc would interpret them as he worked through the plans in 3D.

While I’m loving what the Roddenberry Archive is doing, and the 3D walkthroughs of the TOS sets, I will always wonder what it would be like if we could walk through all the unseen spaces in FJ’s plans, such as the Physics Observatory (which Havoc started), the Recreation area on Deck 5, the outer corridors on Deck 7, which would’ve had a bowed floor to allow for the concave shape of the bottom surface of the saucer, and all the other wonderful spaces as imagined by FJ.

12. Michael

Michael Good Bad Influence Moderator

Hey @OzoneNorth, welcome to the board!

I’m not sure there’s anyone here who’ll be able to answer your questions regarding this project. @havoc92 hasn‘t posted anything here or so much as logged on in the eight years since this was posted, so it seems like the project was abandoned. For that reason I’ll close this thread. Should @havoc92 make a return after all they should feel free to start a new thread or contact me about reopening this one. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.