Star Trek: Renegades

Discussion in 'Fan Productions' started by Danlav05, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

We plan to release a short clip called 'The Mission' at the end of July. We are refraining from doing another trailer until some more VFX are done, otherwise it would just be a third raw footage only trailer and we want to put out something better than that.

2. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Sounds good to me. ROCK ON!

3. STF

STF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi there. What ever happened to the foam wall panels you guys used for the Archer set? If they are still kicking around somewhere we would love to repurpose them for one of the ST Futures shorts. Let me know!

Thanks,
    Dan

4. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Sadly we had to throw them out, we had only a day to clean up the LC stages when the shoot was over.

5. STF

STF Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Aww bummer :( Thats too bad, but I've been there. Gotta just get it down and get out. ;) Thanks for the response!

Dan

6. Mage

Mage Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

So, nearly three months later, any news?

7. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

They recently showed off the CG model of the USS Archer on their Facebook page. It's a pretty generic Voyager/Equinox design. The renegade ship Icarus was revealed awhile ago, and looks pretty damn cool - far moreso than the original Bird-of-Prey/Defiant hybrid. Like Voyager had a baby with an X-wing.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2014
  8. Mage

Hm, not that sure about the Archer. But I was more curious if there's any news on a new trailer.

9. borgboy

borgboy Commodore Commodore

Is there a tenative release date? Even if it's just the quarter or even if it'll get released before the end of 2015. Any info is appreciated.

10. Mage

Exactly. ANY INFO. As in, we're not getting any. Their Facebook pages has plenty of new statuses, but hardly any of them say anything really substantial about the movie.

11. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

The film is very near completion, the majority of the VFX shots are in, the soundtrack is done, the sound effects are mostly done. One of the issues we ran into was the best edit of the film was at a shorter runtime than the targeted 90 minutes (give or take a few) , so, some flashback scenes were shot in the beginning of October. That contributed some to the delay. We are not giving out any firm dates just yet, this is partially due to making sure the film is the best its going to be, but also getting it lined up to show CBS. Obviously, this has to be done before any public release. Bottom line is its close, we have many people still working hard on it.

12. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

Better than having many people hardly working on it! :D

Very interested in seeing it!

13. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Now that we have a bunch of VFX done, another trailer is being worked on. That should be out soon.

14. Tom

Tom Vice Admiral Admiral

Last edited: Nov 6, 2014
  15. USS Excelsior

USS Excelsior Commodore Commodore

That's the same class as the Equinox from Voyager?

16. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

The USS Archer looks like any other late-24th century ship. A cross between Voyager and the Equinox - but I'm pretty sure that's the point. They're the familiar Starfleet establishment that the Icarus and it's crew will be in sharp contrast with.

The Archer bridge set, though, looks pretty bad. I'm really hoping they can disguise it's limitations somehow. Some holograms floating above the consoles a la IDW's Star Trek Countdown comic would be awesome.
    [​IMG]

17. Potemkin_Prod

Potemkin_Prod Commodore Commodore

I respectfully disagree. I think their bridge is fine as is.

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Not as something they're pitching to CBS.

19. northstar

northstar Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

For a fan film, the bridge set is pretty fine - but for a professional production that aims to be a series pilot it lacks a lot - especially the whole back area. There should be consoles, doors, display and all that - like any other Starfleet vessel has. I highly doubt that they will enhance any of that in post production. Maybe it´ll look better on film.

20. Mage

Agreed. Some aspects of this look very professional, like make-up and some of the effects we've seen.

But, this bridge-set, or the uniforms..... Some of it looks downright terrible.