Superman (casting, rumors, pix till release)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Obiwanshinobi, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

I certainly cannot change your mind. For me I like to go into a movie with an open mind. I just never have hated a director to the degree you feel toward Nolan.

Going into a movie already hating it is the very definition of prejudice, prejudgement, and I just don't want to have prejudices toawrd things. Not good for my mind or soul.

2. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

I can understand what you're saying. But, I hate everything he's done since Batman begins (and that movie was not good, just not terrible). Its a trend that hasn't changed, he hasn't gotten any better. So, its not hard to say what I've said about MoS, because of how badly I hate his work. Its like how I hate spicy food. I've always disliked spicy food, and it doesn't matter if you make it in a different way or what it is, I still hate it. Nolan's like that. I hate his work and the way he does things. No matter what skin you put on it, its still nolan's work.

3. Gojira

Gojira Commodore Commodore

Since Nolan was only the producer do you know how much infleunce he had on making the film?

4. kirk55555

Every producer of MoS worked on TDK and Rises. The writer of MoS wrote TDK and Rises. Its not just Nolan, its his whole crew of idiots. Even a great director couldn't fight this much influence from TDK and Rises.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Steven Spielberg produced Transformers. I'm calling bullshit on a director not being able to override the influence of a producer.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good job not giving any credit whatsoever to Zack Snyder, you know, the director of the film. Once again, Nolan did just re-writes on the script prior to production on the film. That's pretty only the direct influence from him that I'm aware about, aside from helping hire Snyder as well of course.

7. CorporalCaptain

CorporalCaptain Fleet Admiral Admiral

So, we know everything about Man of Steel now, even though none of us have seen it.

The Internet is truly amazing. It's like we've directly plugged into the brains of those couple of bloggers who've witnessed the advanced screening(s).

We really don't even need to buy tickets, do we. I'm just going to stay home. You all can be my Surrogates and tell me what the movie's like.

Tell me what to think.

8. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

I am actually surprised how little of this film has leaked out. Outside of those early screenings we have not been flooded by images and reports and leaks and the usual fodder. I may actually break my theater ban and go and see this one on the big screen.

9. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Also, be sure to never, ever, ever voice your opinion -- informed or otherwise -- on an Internet discussion forum. Because that's totally not what they're there for.

10. A beaker full of death

A beaker full of death Vice Admiral Admiral

See, sheer idiocy like this is the reason not to trust this review. The Reeve version made a generation believe a man could fly. The wire take-offs and landings were breathtaking throughout all 4.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZGwTZO3S65U[/yt]

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  11. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

I don't think most people watching the movie believed that a man could, in fact, fly.

I think most would have assumed it was some kind of special effects.

12. marksound

marksound Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

That was not even the best landing he ever did.

I remember around the time of "The Movie" reading that the effects people said Reeve was a natural on the pole-arm or whatever it was called. The realism of the flying effect had to do as much with him as the technology.

(Routh didn't really do it for me as Supes, no matter how good the effects shots were. Since then I've come to dislike his other work as well.)

I'm really looking forward to seeing if Cavill can pull it off. The trailers look promising.

13. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

I'm pretty sure the special effects for flying isn't at all what the first quote is about. Like, not even remotely close.

The quote is talking about the actual character, suggesting that he's much closer to the comic book version of the character than the ''Donnerverse'' version. You know, small things like using his powers intelligently for starters, and probably not making stupid shit up like the cellophane-shields or rebuilding-the-Great-Wall-of-China vision of the later movies, or the magic deKryptonization light bulbs in the Fortress of Solitude.

14. kirk55555

Reeve's flying scenes (atleast in the first few movies) worked well. Regardless of MoS effects, Superman has been done justice in live action before, and probably won't be by MoS.

Ok, three of the four producers on MoS (Christopher Nolan, Emma Thompson, Chris Roven) worked on BB, TDK and TDKR (the fourth is Snyder's wife, and Emma Thompson is Nolan's wife, you have to love the nepotism with these guys). The writer of Man of Steel wrote (David S. goyer) wrote Batman begins, The Dark Knight and TDK Rises with Nolan (well, the story, the screenplay was Nolan and his brother). Its not just Nolan, this whole movie is filled with the idiots who made the Nolan movies. Not even a great director could outinfluence these people, and Snyder seems like a decent (but not great) director, but he's no match for these guys, if he even wanted to be. You're assuming that Snyder doesn't share Nolan's horrible outlook on superhero movies (that they need to be long, slow, boring, badly written and badly acted). I don't think Snyder will be any help to the quality of the movie. He will either outright make it worse, or not effect the outcome at all. Its a Nolan movie, plain and simple.

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I'm not sure what your point is anymore. You obviously don't like the movie, yet you still hangout in this thread for some reason.

16. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Breathtaking. :lol:

That was pretty awful. Lands like a nancy boy too, very dainty.

17. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Yeah, that clip doesn't exactly reinforce your point like you think it does.

18. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Aw, that's cute. It's like a five year old that drew you a picture. They put their heart into it and did the best that they could given their primitive minds, but objectively terrible compared to what adults can do today.

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Beats the 3-point landing of every superhero ever post-Matrix.

[yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgOtPXDyKjA[/yt]

20. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Hey the line was, you will believe a man can fly, not take off and land.