Any Xena:WP fans on the boards?

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JanewayRulz!, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Timewalker

Timewalker Cat-lovin', Star Trekkin' Time Lady Premium Member

In many different universes, simultaneously.
    I love the comment re: Genghis Khan: "Oh, COME now!" :guffaw:

Well, I guess I don't need to fret anymore about the fanfics I'm writing. One's based on a computer game in which the devs had a character quote Richard III when Shakespeare wasn't born for another 500 years! (the game starts in the year 1039 and references events from 1008 - at least, since we don't know exactly when the heir's parents actually married, only that the heir was born in February 1009).

Another several in progress are based on BBC Merlin. There are a lot of anachronistic elements in that show. My story is a crossover with Highlander/Highlander: The Raven (I plan to make one of the characters Immortal and two others already are for reasons in the show itself, so I've got about 1500 years to fill and have been trying to decide when and where they go while not copying any of the historical events from the two Highlander TV shows).

However, while tomatoes and modern prom dresses show up in Merlin, my own story is going to involve some research to make sure it's doable. Someone edited the historical flashbacks from the Highlander series into 4 very long YouTube videos, giving - in chronological order - where Duncan MacLeod was and when in each of the 4 centuries he's lived. It's a treasure trove of information and I see the showrunners took care not to have him travel unreasonable distances too quickly or have him be in two places at exactly the same time (same year, but the travel times are plausible by horse or by boat across the English Channel).

Of course the Xena showrunners couldn't care less about all this.

2. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

The Xena Show Runner married Lucy Lawless.

Happy Wife, happy Life.

Ted Rami seems like he should be a massive nerd in real life, and probably gave his brother an earful about continuity over the Thanks Giving turkey with out fear of dissmissal.

"MOOOOOMMMMM! Sam is trying to fire me again!"

Xena was no Voyager.

3. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Ted is a massive nerd, as is Sam. Don't know how much guff he gave his brother though.

4. Timewalker

How many other characters had a song named after them?

Forbin and Commander Troi like this.
  5. Guy Gardener

"If Joxer dies a virgin, people will think that I am going to die a virgin, oh the shame, c'mon bro, let Joxer seal the deal with Gabrielle. Please?"

"Nope. You are an awkward mistake she is not making.... How about I clone Xena, and you can have a sleazy version of the Warrior Princess?"

Men making decisions about women behind closed doors.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2024
    Commander Troi likes this.
  6. Commander Troi

Commander Troi Geek Grrl Premium Member

Ted also wrote the song!

Timewalker likes this.
  7. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

There's some weirdness with this board and my web host. If you copy the link into another browser window, it should work.

8. Timewalker

If it's the same as the link Guy Gardener posted, I've been able to see it.

Forbin likes this.
  9. Guy Gardener

When you reply, on the far right there are two buttons. One looks like an eraser, and then other looks like a page with writing on it, with one corner folded over.

The first button erases all bb code, if things go wonky. You can start over.

The second button lets you see all (invisible) bb code, in case there's an error with the bb code, so you can go in there and fix things, even if it's not your post.

Commander Troi and Timewalker like this.