Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. ILOVETREK1701

ILOVETREK1701 Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hi everyone! I just joined recently and am super exited. I mostly watch tng, ds9, voy, ent, and tng movies.

2. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

welcome to the boards, ILOVETREK1701!

3. REDrake

REDrake Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hello everyone. I might not call myself a trekkie, as I am into sci-fi genre in general, not just Star Trek (and I've been a sci-fi reader for as long as I was able to read - read my first Jules Verne at the age of 7). Until about a month ago, I didn't touched a ST novel, but now I started on them.
    I'm a fan of both TOS and Enterprise series, but not that much into TNG. DS9 and Voy, I admit I watched too little, but I might get on with them at some point.
    The movies, I enjoyed, except for the first, the fifth and the ones that came after First Contact. Nemesis was simply terrible IMO.
    I am also an avid player of one Star Trek game, Birth of the Federation and the mods (I actually made a Milky Way galaxy mod for my own enjoyment) created for Space Empires IV.

As I'm from Eastern Europe and from a former communist country, we had no idea about Star Trek until around 1992 when they started to broadcast TNG. Several years after that TOS were also put on TV channel. Then came the first seasons of Voy and DS9. Obviously with modern computers came the availability of series on a more regular basis. As for books, there were no translations of ST books in romanian, but I like to read in english anyway, so that's definitely not an issue for me.
    As I see plenty of introductions place a favorite episode, I'm going to do it as well, but with a note that I am truly addicted to the mirror universe idea in Star Trek. Those episodes have always been different from all the others.
    So for TOS, "Mirror, Mirror"
    For Enterprise "In a Mirror Darkly" (both of them)
    For TNG "Relics"
    For Voy "Year of Hell" (both of them)
    For DS9 "Crossover"

4. Count Zero

Count Zero No nation but procrastination Moderator

Hi REDrake! Welcome to the board. There are a number of ST novels set in the Mirror Universe, you might want to check them out. Nice to meet another Enterprise fan. :bolian: As for DS9 you should check it out if you have the chance. I enjoyed it a lot, especially from season 3 onward.

5. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Hello everyone. I'm new to this board, but not to Star Trek. I love the series and have my entire life. I'm currently watching ST:TNG on BBCAmerica and recently completed the entire TOS again.

I came here to find a nice place to be able to talk to other fans. i was on some other message boards for a particular author but left because it got pretty nasty. So far from what I've read that doesn't seem to be the case here at all!

I've been working on a ST:TNG story for a long time and plan to revisit it once I finish my Masters next month. I'm in the Army, about to be promoted to Major in a couple months. I'm currently stationed at Fort Bragg, NC, but I'm originally from Chicago.

Hope to meet some interesting people here. Now off to browse the forums!

6. Count Zero

Welcome, Sigokat! I hope you'll have a good time here. Since I'm also the mod of the fan fiction forum, I encourage you to post your story there and hope you enjoy some of the stories posted there.

7. Sigokat

Sigokat Commander Red Shirt

Count Zero, thank you for the welcome! I will post the story there once I start up on it again. I have some major updates I need to make to the story and I need to pull it off of the other fanfiction forum (not sure if we can reference that forum here but you probably know what I'm talking about).

Once I start up with it again I will definitely post it here. And I love feedback and constructive criticism so its encouraging that I found this site where I can post it to real ST fans!

8. Count Zero

Sure, you can reference other sites in your post. You can also link to your story there but you usually get more attention and feedback if you post it in the fan fic forum itself, too. It's ok if it's posted elsewhere, too (just in case you were wondering).

Oh, and good luck on your Master! What are you majoring in?

9. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Is this where you introduce yourself? :)

Hello, I'm Rhaven. I've been a Trek fan since I was a kid. From the original series, through all the movies and then the reboots, I've seen them all. At least I think I have.

If I had to pick a number one fav, then I'd have to say The Next Generation as my series of choice.

I look forward to discussing all things Trekkie and you guys have a Borg emoticon! :borg: How cool is that?!

10. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

Welcome to the BBS Rhaven! :techman:

11. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

Thank you very much, JayOwl. I'm just working at navigating the site now that I've finally signed up.

12. JayOwl

JayOwl Vice Admiral Admiral

You're welcome. If there's anything you want to know don't hesitate to ask someone. :)

13. Rhaven

Rhaven Captain Captain

I'm sure I'll have some questions eventually. Just navigating around is an adventure. :lol:

14. Harbinger

Harbinger Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I got my approval it seems. So, I'm going through episodes of Voyager and pretty much went from the beginning of Season 1 to the end of Season 7. I skipped quite a few episodes, choosing only the one's that sounded the most interesting to me but also included the pilot and series finale, of course. I'm going back and watching the episodes I've skipped over.

15. way77

way77 Cadet Newbie

Hi

Hi I am new.

16. Satyrquaze

Satyrquaze Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi way77. Welcome to the board!

17. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hello to the new members from the last 2 weeks - hope you're all settling in to the red shirts lounge :)

18. Bubbles McGee

Bubbles McGee Lieutenant Commander

Hello, I just joined up a few days ago and have been spending that time looking around and trying to get the hang of what's where and so forth. I have been a trek fan for a little over 30 years. I tend to fall into the category of "TOS-only purist types" but I am keeping an open mind. Looking forward to taking part in the discussions and games.

19. Use of Time

Use of Time Commodore Commodore

Hello all. Can't believe that I haven't joined until now. I'll just say that I'm very impressed by the general well mannered discussions I have sifted through. Truly a tribute to the moderators and intelligent people within. Looking forward to future discussions!

20. kirsten187

kirsten187 Napoleonic Power Monger Admiral

Hi Burma_Ryder and Use of Time :)