Fox Developing "Gotham" Young Jim Gordon Series

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, Sep 25, 2013.

1. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

What does that mean? How much is enough? Five seasons? Six? Remember, Bruce is only going to be 12 in season 1. They could, of course,dump the conventional 1 season = 1 year thing and do some flash-forwards. In fact, I hope that's exactly what they'll do.

2. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Out Of My Vulcan Mind Vice Admiral Admiral

^^^
    I don't think there's a set plan for how many seasons it'll run for. They're open to the actor aging into the role or jumping forward at some point if necessary.

3. Gaith

Gaith Vice Admiral Admiral

IGN:
    The press release describes Bruce as, "sentenced to a solitary life after the tragic murder of his wealthy parents. Serious and soulful, young Bruce relies on the guidance and protection of Alfred Pennyworth and James Gordon."

I look forward to a thorough explanation of how Bruce's parents' murder "sentences" him to a "solitary life" with his butler. Were both his parents only children? Did he have no godparents, or did they die also? Was Alfred a godfather? Do none of Gotham's elite families with children offer to adopt him? He'll see the world's best grief counselors and find constructive, healthy ways to deal with his trauma, surely? And who runs the family fortune until he's of age?

4. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Press releases don't always have the best choice of words and aren't always entirely accurate in the descriptions they give of the series that will follow. News at 11.

5. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

How often has Bruce Wayne been shown to have other family besides Alfred?

Although I do think much of the guiding role normally assigned to Alfred is being given to Gordon in this series. Whether that's good or bad, I'm not sure.

6. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Is Lucius Fox going to be in this as well? I'd like to see Lance Reddick tackle the character.

7. Gaith

How often has Bruce Wayne's teenage years been depicted in detail?

How often has Oliver Queen had a younger sister?

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  8. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

^^^
    You've misquoted there.

9. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Good point. Bruce should have a younger cousin, then. Named Jayne or something. But everyone would call her Robyn.

10. Alidar Jarok

The issue is whether it's acceptable for him to have no other family than Alfred. I think it makes more this way.

11. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Most likely Bruce will have no close family after his parents' death and Alfred will be his legal guardian. Maybe Lucius Fox will be a recurring character (I don't think he's going to be a regular, at least not at first). He could be the one running Wayne Enterprises.

12. Mach5

Mach5 Admiral Admiral

Actually, him being pushed out (by Mr. Earl, perhaps? :lol: ) and trying to regain control would be an interesting subplot, if done right. Yeah, I'm being fanboyish, but I can't help wanting this to be as close to Nolanverse as possible.

13. Gaith

You probably kid, but I don't see that as a necessarily bad idea.

14. Out Of My Vulcan Mind

Here's the show's logo and synopsis on the Fox website.

15. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, whoever wrote that copy was good at making it sound interesting, at least. I guess if they stay true to the premise and keep the story mainly from Gordon's viewpoint, that could be an interesting twist on the prequel-origin approach, looking at it from the outside.

16. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

^ I'd rather that than have it merely be Smallville but based on Bruce Wayne instead of Clark Kent.

The logo is cool. I've heard that the look of the show will be a blend of Blade Runner style futurism and Dick Tracy style retro. The logo reminds me of the animated series from the 1990s, which makes me think this is true.

17. Venardhi

Venardhi Vice Admiral Admiral

BLIMPS!

BLIMPS!

18. Alidar Jarok

It did place it in the best light possible, but it still sound both over and under-cooked at the same time.

19. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

I'm thinking The Cape.

20. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Sounds good. That logo is awesome!