The Walking Dead Season 4

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, May 6, 2013.

1. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

About how many Termites are there, actually? There were a few that they met at first in the room where they were processing some things, Mary, rooftop shooters, and several behind the fence. Some of those might be the same, so there might not be that many in total. No one was around when the first group entered except Mary and when the second group were first seen, one of the guys said a certain person must have been watching the fence. Just one guy? It doesn't make much sense that there are a lot of Termites. They'd have to have a lot of victims to support a large population, but we haven't seen a lot of survivors. And not all the survivors would go to Terminus. It might not be as difficult as we are imagining for Rick et al to escape.

2. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Seemed like they had some decent numbers, there were a handful of people in the room Rick and co. entered, some lookouts/snipers on the roof, and then a handful of people on the otherside of the fence after Rick and co. got corralled by the train boxcar.

3. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

4 or 5 in the radio room, 4 or 5 at the grill, al least 5 on the roof tops, 4 or 5 behind the fence. So roughly 20 that we have seen.

4. Velocity

Velocity Vice Admiral Admiral

But some of those might be the same people. Some of the people from the room might have been recruited to go up to the roofs after that guy led Rick and the others outside. It sounded like they only had one guy on guard duty. If they had a large number, why didn't they have more on guard duty? Of course they put on a show to get them to lay down their arms. They put them in a boxcar so they can't tell how many there are in total.

5. TREK_GOD_1

TREK_GOD_1 Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah. So for the heroes, they have:

Rick
    Carl
    Daryl
    Michonne
    Glenn
    Maggie
    Sasha
    Bob
    Abraham
    Rosita
    Eugene
    Tara

So, that is 12 vs. 20. If they ever get their hands on weapons, and its a pretty good chance they escape without loss (more than a few tactical minds on their side).

...in theory.

Then again, 12 is a pretty big list of characters and that's not even counting Carol, Tyreese and Beth. Something tells me the first couple of episodes will need a shock housecleaning.

6. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

So Rosita has been made a series regular... is Abraham already a regular? It seems odd to make her one and not him. And also Eugene. When to be fair of the three she's done the least so far on screen.

Also, seen as Terminus isn't in the comics... what's gonna happen if and when they get the Alexandria Safe Zone? When they first meet its greeter in the comics Rick doesn't really believe him, after all this Terminus shit they're gonna go through there's no way Rick and co will ever believe anyone offering sanctuary ever again!

7. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Maybe Abraham and Eugene are the first to get eaten since they're the 'beefiest' of the group hence why they're not signed on as regulars :P

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

A massacre happened there.

This is either a vetting process to make sure that no one tries to murder them any more, OR they are a doomsday cult who wants to pick off all the survivors, and possibly a religious cult who does not think God will take them to heaven until they pick off all the survivors.

Isn't it amazing how Rick explains what a rabbit snare is to Carl an hour before they walk into one themselves?

9. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Both those actors joined the series as regulars.

10. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I've been thinking/hoping that that's who took her.

I really enjoyed the finale, I thought it wrapped up this season well and although it was a cliffhanger it wasn't on the scale of "OMG I NEED TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NOW." I also liked how they put Rick on a new path because I didn't really like his character the past couple of seasons.

I missed the skeletons :( anyone got a screenshot?

My thought when Rick bit Joe - "well, I guess Rick is the cannibal'.

I'm a little sad that Joe and his gang all died, I mean, it was an awesome scene and I get that they couldn't exactly reconcile with our heroes., and I wouldn't really want them to after they beat up on Daryl etc, but it would be interesting to see how they dealt with the Terminus folk.

11. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Now we have to wait until Halloween to find out if Beth is okay. :scream:

So, the happy days at Terminus didn't last too long. Right into the cattle car, running past other cattle cars full of people screaming for help. And human bones.

Rick's solution to the no-win scenario was certainly pretty stunning. I was glad to see those guys bite the dust. The other creepy moment was Micchone revealing that she discovered that her zombie pets kept her safe only after she had cut them up and chained them. :cardie:

Overall, a very good finale. I can't wait to see how Rick inspires the group to escape and take down Terminus.

Not to mention all the chatting about hunger and the difficulty of finding food. :rommie:

12. Mojochi

Mojochi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We can probably be reasonably certain that anyone who's sat down on Talking Dead is a regular. Jeff Kober is a wonderful actor, but he probably wasn't coming on the after show, & deep down, we all knew he wasn't long for this world. lol

13. wissaboo

wissaboo Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

They seem to have as many people waiting to be fed as there are termites. Seems to me that is a lot of mouths to feed.

14. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Last night I re-watched the episode and caught Rick stare down as he was about to enter the train car. There were empty powdered milk containers.

What's the symbolism behind that?

15. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

fattening up the livestock.

16. DarthTom

DarthTom Fleet Admiral Admiral

I didn't realize that powdered milk was that, "fattening."

17. bbjeg

bbjeg Admiral Admiral

Well if they had real food, they'd eat it.

18. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

Powdered milk is extremely fattening. So is cake icing. I only know this from helping sick puppies.

19. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

All the Abraham crew have been signed on as regulars as well a the girl that play Tara.

20. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

If some don't make it out of Terminus, then I'd have to go for the obvious choices then of Bob and/or Sasha