"Intelligence" season 1 discussion & spoilers (Josh Holloway)

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Aragorn, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Kai "the spy"

Kai "the spy" Admiral Admiral

While I enjoy this show, "Delta Force" felt kinda weird, considering the reality of Bolivia and how the parties were portrayed. The Man of the People is the one the Americans support, and the president who won't work with U.S. businesses is an evil despot?! Either this was done out of ignorance, or blatant propaganda.

2. Danny99

Danny99 Vice Admiral Admiral

Just got around to watching Monday's episode on the PVR.

I am still so underwhelmed with Marg Helgenberger as Lillian Strand. She is just wooden beyond belief. Take her out and replace her with that bald gentleman that she is always talking to to send them on their missions and the show is instantly better.

3. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

^ Agreed.

4. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

Every time this thread is updated, I assume that news of it's cancellation has finally broken.

Raising Hope was cancelled today.

How can Raising Hope be murdered if this stinker is allowed to continue to stink.

:(

5. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

[​IMG]

I love that show.

:scream:

As for Intelligence, I enjoy it. I think it's quite entertaining.

:shrug:

6. Guy Gardener

There was an episode (Okay, many, many, many episodes) of 24 that covered telling your family about bad shit going down, and I think at one point someone got fired for telling their family to leave the city before a terrorist attack was officially announced.

What I find amusing is that of the ten core characters and 29 extras in Cybercom, that none of them had any friends in San Francisco worth warning about the attack if it's the human thing to do?

Only real assholes have no friends, or did every one tell?

And if everyone or any one or even if it was just Lillian, they should have been fired.

If I was a cynical person I would expect that Sawyer and Little red Riding Hood were were creating a fulcrum from which they could leverage Marge into bending to their will at a later date, becuase even if she didn't get jail time, she would still be forced to resign if this came to light.

Sappy touchy feely bullshit has no place in ultra drama... So I guess that this isn't ultra drama.

7. Danny99

For a department that likes to pat themselves on the back, they really do take the hardest path to winning the day.

8. Guy Gardener

I would have liked to have seen the entire casts hands cut off so that the Chinese Terrorists could have full access to the computers.

It would have made me smile.

9. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

I just got around to watching last week's episode on the DVR. If you're trying to make LA look like San Francisco, it's probably best not to have your main character stand directly in front of very obvious LA buildings like the Bonaventure Hotel (see below) or dry brush covered LA foothills.

[​IMG]

10. Danny99

So who do you got as the person trying to kill Gabriel? I've got either Lillian's father or her white superior. It's obviously not the shady black FBI dude and even before the last scene of the last episode, it would've been too easy of an out.

11. Guy Gardener

I hope they go religious on this, as some idiot with far too much wealth and power starts insisting that the chip is the mark of the Beast, and that God wants him to kill Gabrielle...

Seriously, he's named after an Angel.

12. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Those were my two top choices as well.

13. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

The writing on the show has been pretty lame so far, so I'm hoping--HOPING--that they will do something clever--something out of left field--like have Jameson (is that his name?) turn out to be one of the sleeper agents from the Iran project (or something). We already know he's a really good shot. But it will probably turn out to be the white-haired guy (can't remember his name) or Lillian's dad.

14. Guy Gardener

The conspiracy didn't try to kill Gabrielle.

They want him locked in a box.

A plot that believes in the program would turn Gabrielle into a brood cow, so that in 20 years, they have a thousand of him, and in 50 years 10,000 cybermutant supersoldiers.

An idiot would tie Sawyer to a wall and important women would rape him so that their trustfund children would have the mutation and be super human, creating an over class of posthumans that are going to rule the world, who were already going to rule the world, but now when they say that they are better than ordinary people, they're not delusional assholes.

A slightly more visionary person who cares about the planet and condition of the species (or just "America".) would have Gabe stitched into a milking machine, producing a petrol can of seed every week that would "flood" the open market and turn a super rare genetic eccentricity into bog standard.

It's an arms race for fucks sake.

15. Danny99

As much I like Jameson as a character, he really is a third wheel in a lot of the scenes. If anything, he would be a more interesting nemesis than Mai Chen.

16. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

At least they got rid of the fourth wheel. In the pilot Jameson had a partner who was in the main cast credits and they dropped him by episode two.

17. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

Lillian's dad. He's shady as hell.

18. auntiehill

auntiehill The Blooness Premium Member

Hell, my cat would make a more interesting villain than Mai Chen. :lol:

I just wish this show would do something--ANYTHING--that surprised me. Otherwise, I might not bother with season 2.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  19. Guy Gardener

Here's what I don't understand.

Why doesn't Sawyer frakk Mai Chen?

James Bond would do it.

Not only would James Bond have done it (her) but then she'd have switched sides because her girl hormones would have made her fall in love James Bond because Mai knew that she could change him.

(My eyes are rolling too.)

Is Cyberrender sex even "real"?

Sawyer's moral backbone has boned an easy victory.

20. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

It was so fucking obvious that Lillian's father was one of the sleepers (though he was not one of the six in the picture) as there was several minutes to go after the final Ga briel/Riley scene. Gabriel's mother was a hoot!