The Trek BBS Video Workshop

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by Timelord Victorious, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Hi to all the pros, amateurs and beginners (i count myself to the last group) in video production.

First of all I'm not sure if this is the best forum for this thread or if it might get better resonance in "science & tech".
    If you think it should be moved let me know.

The thought behind is comes from my inability to to find good magazines and literature that focus completely on how to learn to produce good videos and films on a mostly practical level.
    There are schools that provide workshops which are usually quite expensive though.

I consider learning by doing the best way of learning anyway, so teh only thing keeping me from doing it is the lack of projects and an audience to enjoy the results.

So I came up with this:

As I'm sure there are bound to be some among you who would like to learn a thing or two about video production themselves we should do it together.

Let's use this thread to exchange our experiences, to give ourselves little tasks to accomplish, discuss the results and help each other to become better.

It doesn't matter if you consider yourself a pro or a beginner.

Just join, save your camera from collecting dust and create our contribution to the Oscars in 2034! ;)

Who's with me?