‘Superman & Batman’ movie will follow ‘Man of Steel’

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JoeZhang, Jul 20, 2013.

1. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

Yeah, we're still going over it. I'm willing to admit I don't fucking remember every moment from a movie I didn't like and haven't watched since walking out of the theater.

Edited to add: Sorry, just frustrated.

2. JarodRussell

JarodRussell Vice Admiral Admiral

If he knew he could be killed, and knew that the fight would go on and on, why didn't he try to kill Supergoof instead?

3. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

And then rule Earth.

4. DWF

DWF Admiral Admiral

It sure looked to me like Zod tried pretty hard to kill Superman and just couldn't do it.

5. urbandefault

urbandefault Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Zod couldn't kill Superman. Because, Superman.

Clark had a little more experience with his superpowers, if not a lot. Zod had just discovered his, and was still learning how to control them. The learning curve for him was probably a little less steep because of his breeding, but still.

I reject the notion that Clark could have saved more people. He was kinda busy, what with being outnumbered and all. I equate the necksnapping scene with Kirk kicking Kruge off the ledge into the fiery abyss. "I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF YOU!!!"

Then the reality of what Clark has just done hits, and the scream of anguish.

He had never faced death, "Not like this."

None of us can say what we would do when faced with an impossible situation. This was Clark's Kobayashi Maru.

6. Thestral

Thestral Vice Admiral Admiral

A little more experience with his superpowers yes, but Zod was a trained soldier, so quickly gained the upper hand. And Zod didn't want to rule Earth - he wanted to bring back Krypton. That was his entire purpose.

7. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

Looks like I was right. WB is allegedly developing a Batman solo film starring Ben Affleck (currently titled The Batman) for summer 2019.

8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm guessing the only reason they're holding off that long is because Affleck's schedule is already too full to start any earlier.

9. JacksonArcher

JacksonArcher Vice Admiral Admiral

If rumors are to be believed, Affleck is currently shooting Batman vs. Superman and Justice League back-to-back. At some point, Affleck is suppose to do Live By Night which is slated for October 2016.

Affleck will probably direct Live By Night sometime next year or early 2016 after he finishes his Batman commitments.

According to the report, WB would develop a script for a solo Batman movie so Affleck could do it after Live By Night, so probably sometime in 2017 or 2018 for a summer 2019 release. I'm assuming in-between all of this Affleck will want a break.

So if you factor in all of those components 2019/2020 makes a lot of sense.

10. AgentCoop

AgentCoop Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

^Which could potentially make for a really interesting film. Affleck was chosen partly because he's a little older, and he'll be older still by the time he gets his own solo film. We've seen movies about a young Batman before. I think it would be pretty cool to see a movie about an older Batman.

Also, Affleck will presumably be in a Justice League sequel.

11. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

First image of Henry Cavil as Clark Kent in DoJ.

[​IMG]

Definitely looks like he's inspired by the John Byrne era Clark look. No blue suit from the Silver Age.

12. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

No glasses, though! Is this a Smallville situation, meaning the actor is too vain to wear glasses? Or maybe Zack Snyder thinks glasses aren't "cool" enough for this new (bland) version of Clark Kent? Or maybe Cavill just took them off for the photo...

13. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

The last one most likely. Recall Clark wore glasses at the end of MOS. To the actor (Henry) the glasses are just a prop. He probably didn't wear them because they're just lenses in a frame.

[​IMG]

14. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah the costume designer tweeted that this will be his look (minus the glasses), so clearly Cavill just took them off for the photo.

Whatever the case, after all the talk and pictures of other characters in this film, it's finally nice to see Cavill's Clark again.

15. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Henry Cavill is very handsome! :)

16. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

Yeah he is.

I've always thought he looked like Tim Olyphant and Matt Bomer's love child.

He really does in that picture.

17. DEWLine

DEWLine Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Do we have a close-up on those logos, wordmarks, etc. on the shirt he's holding up?

18. AvBaur

AvBaur Captain Captain

^ The shirt has nothing to do with the movie. It's for some kind of charity that Cavill supports.

19. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I am surprised someone hasn't shopd' it with the Batman logo. LOL.

20. Bad Bishop

Bad Bishop Rear Admiral Rear Admiral