Interesting Cumberbatch Character theory

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by indianatrekker26, Feb 7, 2013.

1. indianatrekker26

indianatrekker26 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

2. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Admiral

Son of Khan? I'd think the genetic abilities would get watered down over the centuries. Clone of Khan? Possibly.

Or he could be a whole new person formulated in secret based on the work that made Khan possible in the first place?

3. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Allegedly EW spoiled who Cumberbatch really is

[​IMG]

I'm getting this at their page

[​IMG]

so I don't know if the spoiler pic is a fake, if they edited it to remove the spoiler or if it was just a mistake since that theory is popular.

4. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Commodore

I must have missed the original picture...Who did they allege him to be?

-Ricky

5. SalvorHardin

Doesn't the image under the spoiler tag load?

It was saying he's
    Khan

6. Cinema Geekly

Cinema Geekly Commander Red Shirt

7. SalvorHardin

8. BillJ

I'm thinking popular theory. They blow Abrams surprise and they probably wouldn't be welcome around his future productions.

9. Cinema Geekly

I'd have to assume they know something. I don't think a big time entertainment mag would make such assumptions like say IMDB.

Plus I would think that JJ and company would have a big problem with this either way due to the wide circulation, but everything was kind of pointing onwards Khan being involved all along.

10. Franklin

Franklin Vice Admiral Admiral

It could've also been a sloppy headline writer for the webpage, especially if the print issue mentions nothing.

So, I wonder if there are any definitive mentions of the name in the print issue? I wonder if lawyers are being consulted by certain executives, directors, and publishers right now? I wonder if this was an intentional leak? I wonder if someone just got fired?

11. Ryan8bit

Ryan8bit Commodore Commodore

Why does "Voyage into the new Star Trek Kirk & Khan" make it sound like Fantastic Voyage?

From the OP article:
    I'm pretty sure fans who are indifferent by definition don't really care who it is. And even if he isn't Khan, is anybody here actually going to be let down?

12. BillJ

Firing someone pretty much confirms its true. They'll just quietly sweep it under the rug as a mistake. :techman:

13. Cinema Geekly

I guess it depends on the indifference. It being Khan is indifferent to me because it doesn't have to be Khan for me to see the film. I'm going no matter what.

That being said I expect it to be Khan or in some way related. All of the breadcrumbs seem to indicate that.

Usually people hate blatant swerving.

14. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

[​IMG]

15. Sindatur

Sindatur The Gray Owl Wizard Admiral

I know exactly what it says, I'm just not buying that they actually know anything. I think that's just a sloppy web editor, it may turn to be the case, but, I don't believe they have any actual knowledge to support that blurb. Why would JJ choose now to reveal that? It makes no sense to me

16. MadMan1701A

MadMan1701A Commodore Commodore

Oh, OK. I clicked on the image attachment, and it said Star Trek Set... not Kirk and Khan. I guess my brain didn't register it on the other one. :)

-Ricky

17. SalvorHardin

http://trekmovie.com/2013/02/07/did...to-darkness-villain-true-identity-not-really/

18. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I have no doubt the two are connected somehow--it's been a forgone conclusion for years now. However, I still think they're ultimately going to go with the cliffhanger route. It just makes the most sense both artistically and business wise.

19. Worfmonger

Worfmonger Commander Red Shirt

I agree that it's most likely sloppy journalism.

As an aside, I strongly support the idea that he likely isn't Khan (who was my original guess), but one of the other augments from Botany Bay, the circumstances surrounding her discovery being substantially different within the new timeline.

20. bigdaddy

bigdaddy Vice Admiral Admiral

Guarding by the trailers the movie just looks like a massive letdown. It could be Khan, it could be Joe Bob Smith, the trailers make the movie look silly.