I wish Zoe Saldana would put on some weight for this role.

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by 1bulma1, Feb 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1bulma1

1bulma1 Lieutenant Commander

I know this JJverse is supposed to be an alternate reality or (whatever) but that is still not an excuse for actors not to look the part. Zoe Saldana is just too thin for the role Of Uhura. She is not even slim like Natalie Portman or Jessica Alba (both women have kids). Zoe looks very anorexic and very unhealthy.
    And I don’t buy the excuse that she is always been this way....

She needs to add about 25 pounds.... http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/1/9/6/9/5/9/3/zoe-68132377425.jpeg

[Image posted inline is not hosted on webspace belonging to poster. Converting to link. - M']

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 14, 2012
  2. Sandoval

Sandoval Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I glanced at your username and, combined with the topic, thought it said 1Bulemia1 :)

3. FarStrider

FarStrider Commander Red Shirt

This is about the 3rd or 4th thread that you have started with this topic in the last year or two. . .and if I recall correctly, a couple of them have been closed. . . you would think that you would have gotten the message. . .

~FS

4. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Utter nonsense and foolishness.

Saldana looked like Saldana. Nichols looked like Nichols. There is nothing intrinsic to the role of Uhura which even suggests height and weight requirements of any kind.

Zoe Saldana is an extremely skilled, charismatic actor and a beautiful woman. I'm personally particularly looking forward to not-quite-seeing her again in Avatar II. ;)

5. 1bulma1

Make fun of me if you want but this is a serious matter. All this Hollywood actresses all look unhealthy, they feel they have to be a size 0 to be successful .it is not only sad it is a very dangerous illusion.

Reality Check

HOW MANY RECORDS HAS ADELE SOLD IN THE PAST YEAR?

Adele aint a size 0 you know.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2012
  6. Trekkie2

Trekkie2 Commander Red Shirt

Saldana does not look "unhealthy," in fact, she looks much the same as she did when she filmed Pirates of the Carribean: Curse of the Black Pearl, 10 years ago. She doesn't present the features that are associated with anorexia or bullimia. Her hair has shine, her complexion looks good, her posture is straight. The average weight for a women her height, 5'7" is 125lbs. She looks to be slightly less. She works out, she's going to weigh less than average.

I would say that there's more to the OP than concern for Saldana's health.

7. Sandoval

1. I didn't make fun of you.

2. Stop trying to mess with the font.

3. About 17 million.

8. Admiral Buzzkill

It's not.

They don't.

God knows, if normal human beings fretted half as much about both Skinny Role Models and the Obesity Epidemic as various alarmists want us to, everyone would be in a state of terminal panic and confusion.

9. Sandoval

Amen brother.

10. Amaris

Amaris Guest

It's not serious, and you have nothing but assumptions and griping. Welcome to the internet.

11. Sandoval

Bored now...

12. 1bulma1

I guess most Star Trek Fans today are into the Size 0 culture. This is so sad when you consider the fact that Star Trek leading females in the 80 and 90's like Deanna Troi from Generations and Captain Janeway from Voyager were the exact opposite of the super thin Hollywood culture.

13. Sandoval

Why does he keep posting like this?

I'm guessing proxy server.

14. 1bulma1

Laptop Malfunction...Sorry.

15. Admiral Buzzkill

Wrong again.

We're just not hysterics about trivia and nonsense.

Not on alternate Mondays, anyway.

You should stop criticizing Zoe Saldana for looking like Zoe Saldana. She's clearly healthy and athletic, so her appearence is really none of your business.

16. Sandoval

Your laptop is adding a load of UBB code to your posts?

Odd.

17. 1bulma1

I am not a conservative Repbulican but I am sick of you left wingers.When a person says the truth, it is called Nonsense and hate.

Zoe is a SIZE 0...She does not look the part,JJ sholud tell her to EAT.

18. Sandoval

And yet if JJ told someone who was deemed overweight to 'stop eating so much' society would no doubt deem that unacceptable and a disgusting abuse of power directed towards someone with a weight-problem.

19. Borgminister

Borgminister Admiral Moderator

So marathon winners are unhealthy? Hm.

20. F. King Daniel

F. King Daniel Fleet Admiral Admiral

It looks like you're copying and pasting from word without removing the formatting. The BBS garbles it. The button with the red X through a blue A on the BBS removes it, if you've got your text highlighted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.