Castle - Season 6 Discussion & Spoilers

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by spinnerlys, Sep 23, 2013.

1. Forbin

Forbin Fleet Admiral Admiral

I really didn't get a good look either, I'm just guessing.

2. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I wasn't paying close enough attention to try and identify a particular make and model, but it definitely looked like a top-loader.

3. 1001001

1001001 Serial Canon Violator Moderator

Like others have said, I found it fun but ludicrous. Lanie looked pretty good as Foxy Cleopatra.

:lol:

Yeah, he bashed that guy pretty good. Maybe he was out on bail??

:shrug:

4. Professor Zoom

Professor Zoom Admiral Admiral

I didn't finish this episode. I love their funnier episodes, but those are generally very character driven, this... this is was like a plot out of a Vince Vaughn/Owen Wilson comedy.

It was just to stupid to continue watching.

This season has been a bit sketchy at times. Which is disappointing. Last season was a great shot in the arm for the show... but this year... meh.

5. Random_Spock

Random_Spock Vice Admiral Admiral

Guess this year's episodes have been like Windows... one season is good, the next not so much :lol:. That sucks :(.

6. Random_Spock

Sorry to double post...

Just saw most of tonight's episode... not too impressed by it either. Another middling one.

But hot damn :evil:... was surprised by the strip poker between Beckett and Castle.

Hope next week's episode will be better plot wise. This one just seemed to be weak.

7. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Castle has been cruising along the whole season now, it is a long way from the atmosphere and fun of seasons 1-4.

As anyone can guess by my avatar i'm a huge Castle fan but at this point of the show i wouldn't get upset at cancellation or the show being tied up and finished.

Somehow there is no spark anymore, the main storyline hasn't been touched in ages and it's become a generic procedural of the week.

If a new viewer would tune in today i hardly expect them to become a fan of the show, with seasons 1-4 it would surprise me if they didn't.

8. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Nice to see Claudia Christian again, though she only got one scene. Also amusing to see Star-Crossed's Jesse Luken for the second time in one night (he was the guy who helped the victim break into the law office).

9. Professor Zoom

It was a fine episode. Better than last week's unwatchable. The story itself was rote... lets go ask this person some questions, and then ask the person that person tells us to talk to... blah blah, rinse repeat. Their structure was very very apparent in this one.

But, I did like the whole Ryan/Javi battle for best man. While not great, this is what I like about the show, the humor between the cast members... the banter... it's grounded and feels real in the context of the show. Unlike last week's stupidity.

But, yeah... not a great episode. I wouldn't mind if it ended this year. Has it been picked up?

10. Random_Spock

Yea it was better than some. Will be rewatching it though to see it in its entirety. My dear local ABC channel decided to interrupt for a commercial during part of it :scream: :wtf:. Yea that was funny, those two are cards. And the banter was top notch from them along with the humor.

How do you view about there being no spark? Do you mean in the writing?

11. Kirby

Kirby Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Agreed. I'm really losing interest in this show, which is a shame since I loved it so much, but it's just not interesting anymore. They either need to get new writers with a fresh perspective, or pack it in.
    I fell asleep during the first act, and I really have no interest in going back and watching it. Maybe over the weekend.

12. Forbin

Well, at least Claudia Christian was alive for her guest shot, as opposed to Pat Tallman. :)

I sure wish they'd use Molly more. :(

13. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Both.. writing has become mediocre and i especially noticed it in the most recent episode.

They start the case, collect evidence and then like a conveyor belt people line up to provide new information (especially Javi and Ryan). Now it was like this since the beginning but for some reason it bothered me more than usual. I didn't even pay attention to the case at all and haven't watched parts of the case so i can't even tell you who all the involved people are, what their relation to the case was and why he got killed and i don't care at all.

Now every episode can't be a landmark episode such as the season 3 and season 4 finales, the 3XK episodes and some others but i believe the show got too comfortable and low key. Nothing surprises anymore and the show follows a (rather boring) formula:

Opening murder scene - Scene from the private life of Castle and Beckett - interruption because of the new case - case handling (maybe with 1-2 scenes of a more private nature) - case closure - private scene Castle/Beckett

It's become a stale formula and not very interesting in the long run. For me the "blame" is to be found with the writing, certainly not the actors who are as capable, funny and loveable as the always are.

I will stick with the show until its finale but it's a shadow of what it once was.

14. Forbin

That outfit Becket was wearing - tan equestrian jacket with a man's shirt and tie - was hideous to the point of distraction. I don't think I even caught what was going on in the plot while she was wearing that, I just kept wondering why anyone would dress like that.

15. SAndrews10

SAndrews10 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

FPAlpha I feel the same way about BONES and starting to feel that way about CASTLE too now.

16. Professor Zoom

Yep. That's the formula to a T.

And I realized, you know who actually is the best detective on the show, who is doing all the real work? Javi. How many times does HE dig up the important information? He walks in all the time with just the right crucial information to steer the case in the right direction.

17. Random_Spock

Good points you guys. It's disappointing that they've gone down this route :(. It's getting old. Hopefully they'll get better... but I'm not holding my breath.

18. Professor Zoom

The funny thing is: they have ALWAYS gone this route. This has always been the formula. In earlier seasons, it was better executed and new, so it didn't feel formulaic.

19. Christopher

Christopher Writer Admiral

Well, they finally revisited Beckett's mom's murder, and finally brought the storyline to a close. It was pretty effective, but I'm surprised at how abrupt the resolution was; once Beckett was arrested, I was expecting a 2-parter. And actually the way the tape was set up was kind of contrived.

Also: Bracken tells Beckett they both know he's too smart to leave physical evidence of his presence at her murder scene... and then he opens and closes the hotel-room door with his bare hands. After touching her cheek and potentially transferring some trace evidence between them.

20. Random_Spock

Yea that seems rather weak.

Good catch... seems as if the plot is weak in that area too.

Ok episode otherwise... but just that.