Seven Of Nine Was AWESOME!!!

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Taylirious, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Taylirious

Taylirious Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

2. lurok

lurok Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Lost in the EU expanse with a nice cup of tea
    Yes, she & Ryan were :)

The chorus of approval will be along soon.

3. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Magnificent, even... [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR1CnKPS9eU[/yt]

4. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

This is my favorite 7 of 9 video.

And 7 of 9 is my favorite Trek character ever :)

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFO7sX6B7wI[/yt]

5. Melakon

Melakon Admiral In Memoriam

I wish I knew how to rip from my dvd's, though such discussion is probably forbidden. I have an urge to do a video to the theme from The Great Escape.

6. teacake

I don't think ripping is forbidden. You bought the dvd's, if you want to chop scenes up for art I can't see what the problem would be.

7. Melakon

I don't have a lot of Voyager episodes though, so it would probably have a lot of Borgs marching around.

8. teacake

Borg marching around.. is lovely.

9. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm trying to imagine how things would have worked out if Sam Wildeman had been assimilated in Scorpion and become the new hot Borg who saved the ship every week?

10. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

I still don't understand how she got out of her catsuit every night! :p

11. Melakon

That's what Icheb was for.

12. Dream

Dream Admiral Admiral

What did she do before he arrived?:lol:

13. teacake

Icheb was her Borg manservant?

14. Guy Gardener

No, silly.

She never took the catsuit off.

She regenerated instead of slept in a cargo bay that was still a common area that was used for ships necessities and functions.

She stood there awake, regenerating fully clothed, and crew walked in and out of the cargo bay because they had to.

Icheb regenerated fully clothed right next her.

The only logical nondisgusting conclusion is that the regenerating process CLEANED Seven and CLEANED the Borg children through their clothes while regeneration "fed them" and regeneration fixed all the breaking down crap in their bodies that needed constant fiddling with.

I mean despite The Voyager Conspiracy and Unimatrix Zero we do think that Seven is completely awake while regenerating and not regenerating 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

Um?

Why didn't Harry ever invent an antiregeneration weapon? Using the same principles as how regeneration makes them fit by tightening their screws, they could have reversed the process to loosen everything to make them unfit.

15. teacake

And the red cat suit? And the dresses?

16. Guy Gardener

Obviously she changes her clothes.

But she doesn't regenerate naked, or regenerate in her pyjamas, and she doesn't change her clothes in the Cargo Bay which again would require some nudity, even though she's fine with public nudity since she was willing to mount Harry in the Mess, and didn't give a toss when q stripped her.

We've seen her go from work to regeneration, and we've seen her go from regeneration to work. Changing her clothes for whatever reason is not contingent on her regeneration cycle.

Seriously, if circumstances come about just right and she's only going to regenerate for four hours in the middle of the day, it's not worth planning out an entire new outfit when she probably stains her clothes less while regenerating even if regenerating doesn't clean her clothes and herself... Although, if her body is just full of poisons and waste products, the act of regeneration would squeeze her like a pimple forcing all that poison and waste out... Where? What is the exit strategy of all the chemicals in her that make us feel crappy and sleepy (Not talking about poopoos and weewees for once.).

Is there a communal bathroom?

Or does she just book holodeck time for bathing?

(There's four people in my house and one bathroom. I've had to make some hard choices.)

The enlisted share quarters (Do they? I don't think they do. That was just on Enterprise.)and probably might not have sonic showers in their quarters like B'Elanna does.

Does Seven run the risk of damaging her electrical doohickies from bathing?

Seriously though.

If the primary cleaning mechanism is the sonic shower, that completely sounds like that antiregeneration weapon I was bitching about before, that she couldn't clean herself without her personal forcefields activating because everything that had just been finely attuned with 5 hours of regeneration is just getting shook up like a snow globe.

She has to be waterproof though?

Thing is that Voyager would have a lot of Staterooms the crew wouldn't be allowed to use under normal circumstances because they're "reserved" for dignitaries and hauling regular "citizens" from one side of the Federation to the other... But such reservations would no longer be applicable since the Federation is so far away that it's bonkers to leave all that real estate untapped if they're forcing the able crewmen to use bunk beds who could be planing a revolution.

17. teacake

The shared quarters seen in The Undiscovered Country were horrible. Did not jive with all the fabulous stuff we are expected to believe the future holds. Someone missed the psyche memo about personal space.

I think there must be public toilets on each deck, crew can't be going back to their quarters for every wee. As to the bathing.. I am going to assume that 7 gets cleaned while regenerating. A build up of dirt or grease is inefficient, if they are having their gears cleaned the rest of them is probably cleaned too in the regeneration alcove.

This is all just to torture us, we will NEVER SEE 7 IN THE BATH.

Thankfully we get to see Janeway taking inefficient baths. And uhh.. Neelix.

18. Guy Gardener

http://abigaillewis.deviantart.com/art/Jeri-Ryan-in-a-bath-28021632

If regeneration could really clean their flesh under even their armour, why couldn't it clean their teeth?

Was the skin condition because of the armour that was never taken off or was the skin condition a method of making the infection and gangrene from the armour tolerable?

Or was every drone pulled apart, cleaned, and put back together again like the queen was in first contact?

19. Gov Kodos

Gov Kodos Admiral Admiral

Gov Kodos on Mohammed's Radio, WZVN Boston
    Probably buffing machines like those in 'The Wizard of Oz' that were used on the Tin Man.

20. teacake

When I read that Gov Kodos I could hear Paris spouting off about car washes and how nifty they were in times of yore.