Voyager Fanfics, Creations, and Favorite Videos

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Voyager' started by Caprica_Six, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Whoa Nellie

Whoa Nellie Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Re: Voyager fanfics and creations

Just a heads-up for anyone interested, the sequel to A Stitch in Time has just been posted down in the Fanfiction forum here at BBS. The Time of Her Life continues the events and the J/C relationship begun in A Stitch in Time. This is an edited-down version in deference to BBS guidelines. If you are 18 or older and interested in the unedited version, there is a link to Whoa Nellie's Sci-Fi Romance website in the story post--the story can be found under Miscellaneous Star Trek.
    The Time of Her Life

Warmest Wishes,
    Whoa Nellie

2. Searider Falcon

Searider Falcon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Awesome! I've been waiting for that! I'll check it out after I finish here.

3. Caprica_Six

Caprica_Six Admiral Admiral

Say is it true that someone made a J/C vid to the Roslin/Adama theme from BSG?

4. Searider Falcon

Searider Falcon Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

5. Caprica_Six

6. Caprica_Six

Well I watched the video and while it's good, it's really hard not to keeping on expecting A/R to pop in the vid. J/C needed their own theme song really ;)

7. Tal Celes

Tal Celes Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

8. Steven Of Nine

Steven Of Nine Commodore Commodore

Love that one. Would like to use it as a desktop, may I edit out the text?

Anyone interested in some Kes fiction (sorry, but I just loved that character) please read the following. I'd be very interested in feedback. There are brief descriptions of what each story is about on the face page, so you don't have to wade into something you'd rather not.

Original Kes Fiction

9. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

I didn't realize A/R had their own theme. I always though Sarah McLaughlin's "Possession" would make a great J/C theme song. I haven't seen a video to it yet. <hint, hint> ;)

10. Caprica_Six

Funny enough I once had the idea to do a J/C vid to that song. I haven't made a vid of anything in ages though.
    And yeah Roslin and Adama have an official theme. it's the music played in Ressurection ship parts 1 and 2. One of my friends wrote to Bear McCreary who does the music and asked him what they were going to call the Roslin and Adama music and he ended up calling it "Roslin and Adama" (it's on the season 2 soundtrack, out now). The guy had a concert of all the his music and he said that "Roslin and Adama" was the show's only love theme :D and in the concert the lady that did the haunting lyrics to other BSG tracks wrote a love song to go along with the music :D

I wish they would put that out on CD too.

11. kimc

kimc Coffee Mod Admiral

It seems like such a natural. :D

One of these days I'm going to have to pick up those soundtracks. BSG has such great music. :)

12. Daniel_Fullard

Daniel_Fullard Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Im working on my own fan vid at the minute....whats the best host to use? I tend to use PB for pictures

13. I Love Chakotay

I Love Chakotay Commodore Commodore

I think YouTube is your best bet, Daniel. I've heard that GoogleVideo is crap, plus I've heard they'll boot your video if it contains copyright material - which it will if it uses Voyager footage or images of any sort. YouTube are definitely accepting of fan vids :)

http://www.youtube.com

14. Lazarus

Lazarus Fleet Captain

[​IMG]

Hi there! I'd like to introduce my first attempt at a fanfic 'series' based upon Star Trek Voyager - basically taking the characters and premise and running in a new direction with it.

Any suggestions or comments would be most appreciated, thanks in advance! :)

The following piece as a 'teaser', a short scene involving Paris and Kim a few chapters in.

Thought it might whet people's appetite a little!

Hope you enjoy it! Comments and suggestions are always appreciated!

Kim shifted uncomfortably in his acceleration seat as the shuttlecraft sailed out of Voyager’s landing bay and banked smoothly away from the starship.

In the viewport before him, an alien planet seventy thousand light-years from the world of his birth loomed large, its vast azure oceans glistening as the shuttlecraft descended. This marbled orb suspended in space was dominated by water, giving it an appearance that was significantly different from that of Earth.

Nonetheless, Kim was unable to fully suppress the feeling of homesickness, a feeling he’d grown uncomfortably familiar with in the three years since being brought to this place.

Banishing his thoughts of Earth, Kim forced himself to concentrate on the task at hand and focussed on the instrumentation laid out before him. A proximity alarm chirped quietly, alerting him to the sudden disappearance of the massive Starfleet vessel from the shuttle’s short-range sensors.

Fearful of another assault, Voyager had stationed herself in a high orbit approximately forty thousand kilometres above the surface of the planet. If more hostiles were concealed somewhere and took the opportunity to attack the starship, Voyager would be unhindered by a low orbit and could swiftly move to defend itself and the colony.

“We’re moving out of range of the ship,” Kim announced crisply, tapping a command into a nearby keypad to acknowledge the sensor alert.

He looked up at the beautiful globe that could no longer be seen in its entirety from the shuttle. Now only the immense curve of the world’s atmosphere was visible, the wide ring of asteroidal debris providing a stunning backdrop against space.

At the navigation console beside Kim, Tom Paris was scrutinising multiple displays. “Continuing our descent,” he replied, not looking up from his instruments as he brought the small ship into the glide-trajectory.

“Altitude is now thirty-five thousand kilometres and decreasing,” the operations officer informed him. “I’m scanning our landing coordinates.”

Tom Paris glanced sideways at the incoming sensor data only briefly, concentrating instead on piloting the shuttle downward.

As they descended the beautiful globe could no longer be seen in its entirety through the forward viewports. Instead, only the immense curve of the world’s atmosphere was visible, the wide ring of asteroidal debris providing a stunning backdrop against space.

An uneasy silence dominated the shuttle.

“Are you gonna say nothing the whole way?” Paris finally asked tersely.

Kim kept his eyes locked on the sensor displays. “I don’t know what you mean.”

“Come on, Harry!” Paris exclaimed. “Don’t you think you’re a little old to be giving me the silent treatment?”

Kim felt his jaw stiffen under the perceived glare of the other man. “I stopped having anything to say to you six months ago,” he answered after a moment, surprised at how vehement the statement sounded.

Paris jabbed at the helm, setting the automatic pilot before pushing away from the console so that he faced his old friend. His face was flushed.

Clearly Kim’s words had hit home.

“Why?” Paris spat angrily. “Because I decided to make a better life for myself? Because I was fed up of the endless trek through unknown space, living off leola root and replicator rations and getting shot at by the Kazon, the Vidiians and a hundred other hostile species?”

Kim looked at him, feeling a little taken aback at the sight of so much raw emotion on Tom’s face. The arrogant and carefree way with which Paris usually carried himself had vanished entirely.

“We were going home,” Kim said meekly after a moment. Why didn’t Paris understand?

“The Federation was seventy years away, Harry. “ Paris told him. “By the time Voyager reached home almost everyone who hadn’t already died of old age would have only had a few years left at most, and that’s if the ship managed to beat the odds and wasn’t destroyed in the attempt. In the three years since we were brought to the Delta Quadrant we lost over thirty people – that’s nearly one a month! In the six months since establishing Terra Nova we haven’t lost anyone.”

Kim felt a wave of anger rise in him again, stronger than before. “It hasn’t taken you long to forget about the captain,” he hissed.

Long moments passed as Paris appeared to contemplate what to say next.

“The captain isn’t dead,” he stated finally, no hint of dismissiveness present in his voice.

“How could you possibly know that?”

“I don’t know,” Paris admitted, suddenly sounding more uncertain. “Call it a hunch. There are still too many unanswered questions about that whole day for anyone to know what really happened.”

Kim looked away. The vast azure ocean that was their destination now dominated the forward viewport. Only a handful of silky white clouds above some coastal and mountainous regions gave any indication of this world’s weather system.

He would not allow Paris’ personal beliefs regarding the captain’s fate to fuel his own hopes that she was still alive. Questions about the events of that fateful day two months ago still remained, yes, but that in itself wasn’t reason enough for Paris to feel that way.

“But let’s be realistic, Harry,” the pilot began. “If we’d continued to lose people like that – and let’s not forget that these ‘lost’ people are actually dead – Voyager would have been emptied of crew in just over a decade. Sixth months ago we were hanging on the edge of Borg territory, which probably stretched halfway back to the Alpha Quadrant. We might as well have hit a wall in space. The journey was over.”

Kim shook his head, still amazed at how defeatist so many of the crew had been when it had come down to it. “So a hundred and thirty of you all decided to set up home together in the Delta Quadrant,” he said lightly.

“It wasn’t that simple and you know it. But facing a life trawling through unknown space in search of a way home that we were never gonna find, we decided that there was a better way.”

Kim had nothing more to say. Both men had had this same argument six months ago when Voyager had eventually discovered this place after weeks of searching at the behest of the majority. He had no desire to have it again.

Apparently, neither did Paris.

“Tell you what Harry,” the older man said, his expression softening somewhat. “When we finish the mission and rescue this guy, come back with me. Just for a few days. The fresh air would do you good and everyone would love to see you.”

“I can’t get away right now,” Kim told him. “Lieutenant Rollins is injured and Voyager has taken damage. They need me on the ship.”

“We’ve all offered to help,” Paris replied, turning back to his console. “Tuvok turned Chakotay down flat.”

“He has his reasons,” Kim said. “We’re entering the atmosphere.”

As the shuttle dropped out of orbit, the tense silence returned to the cabin.

15. Steven Of Nine

Steven Of Nine Commodore Commodore

Veeeeeeeeeeeery interesting...

16. Katatak47

Katatak47 Commodore Commodore

Lazarus - you sure know how to hook interest. I like it alot. Please let us know where to find this once you write more.

17. Akiraprise

Akiraprise To Ꝏ & Somewhere..! Moderator

Sounds good Lazarus. Sort of like BSG.

18. Lazarus

Lazarus Fleet Captain

Thanks for the comments everyone really appreciate it! :)

I started a thread over in Fanfic if anyone feels like throwing any questions, suggestions or feedback at me (or you could just to it here of course!) :)

The piece I posted was just a teaser for the "main event" which I'm working on at the moment so I'll post that once I've completed a few chapters.

Thanks again!

19. Lazarus

Lazarus Fleet Captain

Star Trek Voyager - Day Two

Star Trek Voyager - Day Two

This is a short piece I wrote before I started working on the Terra Nova concept, just to get me 'warmed up' before starting something a little larger in scale and more challenging.

Quite simply, it's a scene set during Voyager's second day in the Delta Quadrant.

Let me know what you think!:)

On the bridge of the Federation starship Voyager, Kathryn Janeway rose from her command chair at the awful sound of the Boatswain's whistle.

As she stood to attention she allowed none of the emotion she felt to be betrayed by her usually expressive face, concealing her grief and insecurity beneath the stoic façade she’d constructed.

As the captain of a ship of the line, she could do no less.

Janeway kept her eyes locked on a point above the large viewscreen that dominated the hushed bridge, and even as a shiver ran down her spine resisted any impulse to look to her assembled crew for reassurance, knowing that they would all be looking to her for strength.

Now more than ever, she knew that duty compelled her to be a rock to these people, the one constant in a galaxy of uncertainty.

Standing in the crowded command centre, silent but for the subtle hum of computer hardware, air circulators and subliminal throb of the engine core a dozen decks below, Kathryn Janeway felt like the loneliest person in the universe.

The person she had to be.

At her side, she could feel the presence of the only man protocol allowed to share the command area with her at this time.

A wanted man.

A known terrorist and former officer of the Federation Starfleet, high on the organisation’s list of most wanted felons for leading a litany of attacks against the Cardassian military.

The man Starfleet had sent her to bring to justice.

If Kathryn Janeway was the hunter, then Chakotay was her prey.

Or at least he had been.

But the universe, it seemed, had in mind a different path for these two individuals. Had her mission gone to plan, Chakotay and his band of followers would be sitting in irons awaiting transport back to Earth where they would be tried as terrorists.

Of course, that mission had not gone to plan, and due to the interference of a dying man perched on the farthest reaches of the Milky Way, Janeway and Chakotay had been thrown together.

In accepting the mission less than a week ago, she had unwittingly set them on a collision course that would result in both the Maquis fugitives and the Starfleet crew sent to capture them stranded together on the opposite side of the galaxy aboard a single ship.

Her ship.

“We are gathered here on this sad day to mourn the loss of our friends and colleagues,” Janeway announced, speaking directly to the one hundred and forty other individuals, Maquis and Starfleet alike, who stood to attention throughout the silent vessel.

“History will record that Lieutenant Commander Scott Cavit, Doctor Jeffery Fitzgerald, Lieutenant Lwana Stadi, Lieutenant Darren Gideon and Ensign Terrana died in the line of duty as Starfleet officers in service to the United Federation of Planets.”

She had signed their death certificates herself. They deserved better than to have those final documents signed by a holographic physician. It was the least she could do for them.

“We will honour their memory by making sure that the starship Voyager and its crew crosses the seemingly insurmountable distance between this place and the planets we call home, so that we may bring word to their families of how they did their duty as Starfleet officers until the very end.”

“And now, we commit their bodies to the universe that they served.”

In what felt like the eternity that followed her oration, Janeway promised herself that these four men and women would be the last to die on this journey, and that she would not allow another member of her crew to perish at the hands of the vast and unknown Delta Quadrant.

Even she knew that promise would not be kept.

Seventy-five thousand light-years from the construction yards where she’d been launched, the Federation Starship Voyager fired a volley of photon torpedo casings, each in quick succession, from her two forward tubes, carrying with them the corporeal remains of the five people killed when the vessel was pulled across the galaxy.

Whether or not their journeys would continue without those remains had been debated by theologians across the universe since the dawn of sentient thought, and continue to be debated until that thought was eventually extinguished.

Still moving with the momentum from their launch, the casings soared boldly into unfamiliar space, as befitting those who’d given their lives to interstellar exploration. And barring any unforeseen outside influence, those torpedoes would fly on long after Voyager had continued on its journey home, for as long as time itself may last.

Throughout the solitary starship the mongrel crew of Starfleet and Maquis watched via viewports and monitors as the five points of reflected light grew smaller and smaller. Even after they’d vanished, people still watched.

The unspoken question in everyone’s mind: how many more times would they assemble like this before they reached home?

For the second time that day, the boatswain’s whistle sounded.

“All hands return to your duties,” Captain Janeway commanded defiantly, steadfast in her determination that she would not allow her crew to descend into despair at the monumental challenge that stood before them.

Seventy-five thousand light-years of unknown space lay between this place and home. It was a distance that spanned three-quarters of the galaxy and take Voyager a lifetime to traverse under its own power.

Janeway had promised everyone that somewhere along the voyage back to the worlds of their birth, there would be an opportunity to return, but what if that opportunity never came?

As crewmembers began to file quietly off the bridge, the captain descended the steps that led from the command arena to the helm where Tom Paris had just resumed control of the station.

“Resume our course for the Alpha Quadrant, Mr. Paris,” she instructed him crisply. “Warp factor six.”

The young pilot touched the appropriate points on his console, freeing the helm controls from automatic and setting the starship on the correct heading for its eventual destination a galaxy away.

But before Paris could press the final control, Janeway stopped him with a gentle hand to his shoulder, reaching down and letting her finger hover over the panel.

“We won’t forget you,” she whispered to her fallen comrades, looking up at the endless expanse of space before her starship.

With a renewed determination, Kathryn Janeway tapped the necessary helm control.

“Engage.”

20. Wicca who Wonta

Wicca who Wonta Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm not a big fan of J/C but I really like your wallpapers. Especially the last one. :thumbsup:

I have never posted in this thread before but I thought that I'd take the plunge and show something I made some time ago:

[​IMG]