ENT Forum Get To Know You Thread Pt 2

Discussion in 'Star Trek: Enterprise' started by Kalen Archer, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Trippy

Trippy NaNoWriMo Victim Admiral

Welcome to the ENT forum! :thumbsup:

2. Lady Conqueror

Lady Conqueror Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Welcome belen & ArcherFanForever - hope you have fun in the ENT forum :)

3. Kalen Archer

Kalen Archer Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

4. belen

belen Lieutenant Red Shirt

Thanks Lady C. and welcome to ArcherFanForever :) :)

5. tinar

tinar Commodore Commodore

Hello everyone, I'm Tina, I'm 24, I'm Croatian, I'm a trekkie, I'm rewatching Enterprise right now and re-establishing just how much I love it.... what else.... errmmm.....

6. CaptainDonovin

CaptainDonovin Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hey there all, this is a Trek site??! :D I'm 33 and live in the Twin Cities (Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota) and my wife still thinks I'm nuts after almost 6 years together (10 if you count the dating part). Haven't been to a convention in years because they don't seem to come here much, though I see there is one coming in Febuary od '07.

Glad to see not everyone on this message board hates Enterprise, I happened to love it and wish there had been a season 5, the show was really getting into a grove. I would have however NOT had an episode like TATV unless it were an actual TNG episode. It would have also been cool to see Shran as part of the crew.

Apart from my Trek obsession that includes my attempt at writing a Trek series of my own, I am a Stargate junkie (love Star Wars, Dr Who, and more I won't mention), have a deep interest in history and astronomy, love the music of Chicago (if you don't know their music you're too young) and entertain myself by feeding squirrels.

7. Starfleet Engineer

Starfleet Engineer Vice Admiral Admiral

^Welcome to the board, Donovin, and the rest.

8. Trippy

Welcome to ENT new peeps! :thumbsup:

9. Buggirl

Buggirl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi all, I'm a newbie here and a newbie to Enterprise - I've watched a lot of star Trek TOS, TNG, DS9 and VOY but have only in the past few months been watching ENT - was put off by the stupid Australian screening times - but now have them all on DVD and have been watching them - slowly!! Currently only in season 3 - next episode to watch is "North Star"
    So - you've guessed - I'm an aussie, I live in Adelaide South Australia - I'm an entomologist/plant pathologist I like to write, although never published, I love movies and books and my favourite character in Ent is Malcolm Reed - my all time ST fav's are - Spock from TOS, Worf - TNG, Dax - DS9, Janeway - Voy
    Anyhow a big G'day (yes we actually do say that sometimes!)to everyone!

10. Trippy

Welcome and enjoy those dvds :thumbsup:

11. Dtrekfan

Dtrekfan Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi i'm Dtrekfan. I'm from The Netherlands. Though i'm not a hude Enterprise fan i do like to watch it.

12. Buggirl

Buggirl Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Thanks Trippy, planning a Enterprise marathon tonight! Yay its Friday! I've got a special Vulcan friend here and their Vulcan dog - just waiting on my other half - who is mostly Klingon!!

13. TW_Jester

TW_Jester Cadet Newbie

Hey I'm TW Jester, new here. Never really been a big Star Trek fan then one day while I was flipping through the channels I stopped on the space channel and was instantly intrigued by the show that was on... Ever since I've been watching Enterprise and it's currently my favourite show on television and I'm going to buy the seasons on DVD so I can watch 'em all.

14. mrsspock

mrsspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Hello everyone, just now saw this thread....figured I should follow suit and introduce myself...as you can see by my name I am TOS fan although I was not born until 1974 I have always been a TOS fan can't remember not loving it, must have started with my dad!!!...I have seen all the movies including TNG ones but I mostly stick to TOS. I am looking forward to watching Enterprise tonight on Sci-fi, they are going to show it in syndication I guess, so hopefully I will like it and will be able to carry on intelligent conversations with the rest of you about it. I"m holding my breath....until then.....live long and .....just kidding!!! LOL

15. Trippy

I hope you enjoy the series!

Welcome to our neck of the woods :)

16. mrsspock

mrsspock Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Good Morning to all,

I have to say....I liked it. T'Pol is going to take some time for me to get used to but overall I enjoyed this show very very much. Couple of things I want to mention......I think Bakula is great as Capt. Archer...loved the line he said in the first ep to T'Pol about restraint...you have no idea how much restraint I am using...he wanted to put her on her ass....loved it.
    2nd...the guy who plays Trip is wonderful, I love his character he's very good.....as is, the guy with the accent, and I love the Doctor too.
    For me, the scene that sealed the deal with in "Strange New World" when they all went to bed and Trip sensed something in his sleeping bag....Trip and the other guy proceed to have a fit over the scorpion....and then they go back and forth about how to get rid of it.....then, the camera flashes to T'Pol who is looking out at them from her tent....and you see the two guys through the window falling over each other....THAT is what I have been looking for since TOS.....that kind of stuff inbetween the serious stuff but at the same time doesn't distract the viewer...when I found myself laughing at them outloud....I knew this show was on to something....I"m not saying it's comparable to the TOS yet...but I see a chance. I really really enjoyed it. Also, loved the very suble Vulcan pinch by T'Pol....very nicely done. I hope they are going to start showing this in syndication.....I may be hooked.

17. commodore64

commodore64 Vice Admiral Admiral

The 70s were a good year - born in 'em myself. And not too late to enjoy TOS in syndication. Welcome the Forum!

18. Can

Can Commander Red Shirt

Hi there , my namne is Can , I am a Trek fan from Turkey ( since I seen TNG first time 17 years ago ) I also finished TOS , TNG , DS9 and VOY plus all movies. Started ENT two weeks ago. In my opinion ENT is a good show so far. Not spectacular but good. Characters ( Archer , Trip , T'Pol , Reed , Phlox , Hoshi ) are well drawn. There are little tie-ins to other Trek eps and movies which I liked.

19. Trippy

Welcome!

20. LadyNRA

LadyNRA Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Older trek fan here. I was a kid when the original series aired and saw it from that point on and have seen nearly all of them except Enterprise which is airing now. I have to say I am hooked on Enterprise, probably even more than on the original show. And Phlox is my favorite character. By way of intro, I'm married, 2 teen girls, working a very mundane job.