Joss Whedon Films Movie in Secret

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by OmahaStar, Oct 24, 2011.

1. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

No, seriously!

Joss, along with several of his regular actors, has filmed his own adaptation of Much Ado About Nothing.

I didn't see that coming, but I'm glad it did. Can't wait for this to be released!

2. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

Yeah, this is an interesting turn-up for the books. How and when did he fit this in round his Avengers schedule?!

3. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

Maybe he took inspiration from a certain Angel episode and had someone extract his sleep. ;) According to the article it was filmed during post-production on Avengers.

Hopefully, this one won't be another Cabin In The Woods.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

All the Whedonverse actors on Twitter announced it yesterday, and I am intrigued as hell. I can't wait to learn more!

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

The press release (linked in the article) says filming is done, and post production should be done in the Spring, then it will be sent out to film festivals.

Might have to see if I can get my hands on a copy to show during the film festival here in Omaha in July ...

6. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

Joss must be bending space and time like the article cited mentions. How one films a movie in secret in the age of the internet is beyond me.

7. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

Damn impressive that no word of this had leaked out...

I also somehow managed to miss any previous mention of the webseries with Warren Ellis that was listed in the article, so now I'm doubly excited for new Whedon projects.

Now, where the hell is that Comic-Con documentary he made with Morgan Spurlock?

8. ManOnTheWave

ManOnTheWave Vice Admiral Admiral

Considering several commentaries he's done reference Shakespeare reads at his house, I'm glad to see something done for public consumption. I'm guessing this will be something like Vanya on 42nd Street. Low budget art house circuit film shot on the fly, and that'll be fine by me.

9. cardinal biggles

cardinal biggles A GODDAMN DELIGHT Moderator

I'll have to keep an eye out and see if it ever makes it to a theater in Philadelphia before the inevitable DVD release. I love Much Ado, and the cast lineup looks great.

10. Obiwanshinobi

Obiwanshinobi Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Fred and Wesley together again!

11. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

If this is indeed true then I'm very excited because Much Ado About Nothing is my favourite Shakespeare play.

12. Ethros

Ethros Vice Admiral Admiral

Not the biggest Shakespeare fan ever, but that cast, hell yeah I'd watch it.

Also, I am pretty sure Joss Whedon was cloned a long time ago, and there are two, if not more, of him.

I always thinks its amazing how in the 2002-03 TV season, he juggled three shows at once. And not just managing one and simply signing off on the other two. In that first half of the season before Firefly ended, he wrote and co-directed the first Buffy episode, Lessons, wrote part of Conversations with Dead People, wrote & directed the Angel ep Spin The Bottle, wrote or co-wrote five Firefly episodes, and directed three of them. Not bad really

13. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

good question, seriously good question, Avengers cant go a week without new set pictures, often featuring minor plot points appearing on the web, and Joss some how films a whole movie in secret?

14. Skellington

Skellington Part-time poltergeist Rear Admiral

^ Apparently, principal photography on The Avengers concluded in September and Much Ado About Nothing followed afterwards. If they rehearsed it well enough beforehand, maybe not very much time was needed to get it in the can.

15. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

16. Tom Hendricks

Tom Hendricks Vice Admiral Premium Member

Much Ado About Nothing is absolutely my favorite Shakespeare play. As a screenwritting challenge to myself, I personally adapted it to take place in Texas in the late 1800's.

17. Lonemagpie

Lonemagpie Writer Admiral

Shot in 12 days at home?

I think I'll stick with the Branagh version...