J/7 10 years on.Will there still be sparks or will it died out?

Discussion in 'Future of Trek' started by Janeway7trulv, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Janeway’s Girl

Janeway’s Girl Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is nice to know that actors who worked together were friendly towards one another though.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

Who cares? They told good stories and worked well as fictional characters.

The weird thing fans have where they want everyone to have been a happy family onset is.. weird. It was a job.

3. Janeway7trulv

Janeway7trulv Commander Red Shirt

Personally, it will be nice to have them on screen together . I have always felt Endgame left me wanting more. There needs to be closure.

It is a "no brainer" that the show cannot go forward without the cooperation of the two actors in questioned . Your statement as to why it is important that the actors be friends. My post a few sections back goes into question that.I have pose the question as to what could they bring or savage to being friends hence the title " Will the spark still be there"?. So much has gone on between them . I feel it will be really uncomfortable , frustrating , not to mention emotionally draining for both of them.

At several conventions, when Mulgrew is asked about Ryan, she has a tendency to continuously push Ryan away by disassociating herself from having had any form of friendship or relationship with her. Now having worked together for so many years , i cannot imagine at some point they will have been friends.

Anyways , Mulgrew's dismissal has got to hurt Ryan big time. There has been only one occasion in which Mulgrew confessed to the fact they had a great time together which was during a Friday night filming of Voyager

However when she is on stage, it is almost like she is another
    person. She feels comfortable turning the tables on their friendship/relationship ,in attempts to put an end to speculations that they where anything else but colleagues.

I have also noticed that Mulgrew feels she has full entitlement to refer to Ryan at any given opportunity during her talks- even when she is not asked:wtf:. For someone who does not have any merit in Mulgrew's world , she appears to have difficulty erasing Ryan from her memory or could it just be , she is trying to pander to the trek audiences ? Who knows?

Ryan has never commented in depth about their relationship during the years on Voyager, but it does appear to me she considered Mulgrew to be a friend..or ex as the case my be:guffaw:( im joking).

I do recall an interview Ryan did back in the Voyager days when she described both Janeway and Seven as bi:eek:. She may have been joking or had a giddy day on set :guffaw:

I am be no means" having a go" or slatering Mulgrew at all . I was just an observation:)..

4. Jedi_Master

Jedi_Master Admiral Admiral

Voyager isn't coming back in any form but TrekLit, so the relationship between the actors is not the one thing preventing the beautiful Voyager movie from finally being made, and the true nature of Janeway's relationship with Seven from being revealed.

There will be no Voyager movie or reboot. Ever.

5. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

They could always recast. Temuera Morrison, for example?

Ok, lemme explain something to ya, sparky...despite your attempts to turn this into some sort of "JanerGate", there are plenty of those who see not even the slightest hint of J/7, and it is not at all a gender issue. If you see it, fine, but kindly stop labeling those who do not.

FWIW, I agree with hux on this one. Seven had much more chemistry with the Doctor than with Janeway.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  6. Janeway7trulv

Owwww i was going to say " You told me " - sadly you didnt .. Thanks for trying tho and less of the sparky and more of the " Your graciousness , if you dont mind";)..

Do you have a weegie board or do you have some inside information that only you are privy to?;). You sound very certain of that.. They may not be a movie - but does your weegie board say anything for a series on the cards perhaps?:p.. Im kidding , i know ther will not be any more Voyager, but one can speculate , can one not?;)

7. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Nah, I just don't see it. Still, if it makes you happy, run with it.

8. Janeway7trulv

^ You are too kind , Thanks:beer:....:lol:

9. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Hey, I'll ship just about anyone with anyone. I know what it's like to get odd looks for my ideas on relationships.

10. K'Toska

K'Toska Commander Red Shirt

Janeway7truly, but they managed to seem like friends on the actual show even though they apparently disliked each other. It didn't seem to have much of an effect on their stage presence or what-have-you. Also didn't Mulgrew and Ryan appear in a TV show together? It seems like they can tolerate each other enough to work together so it doesn't seem like a requirement that they be "best buddies" in order to act in the same show, ya' know?

Really though, say they did become good friends, would that be enough to bring Voyager back?

11. Janeway7trulv

LOL, Im use to it:techman:.. It just goes wayyyy over my head when i receive negative reactions because of my ideas on relationships ie Janeway/Seven - Kate/Jeri. I am all about peace and harmony .

Someone told me that i have too much of a good heart-Although sometimes it is a hinder rather than help, but hey , I rather chose love over war any day:)

Jazdiadax
    I have always believed you have to some foundation within your relationship to really pull off a good game. You can be the best actor in the world, but the true reflection on how it comes across on screen is down to the foundation ie; some form of friendship/relationship off screen. Why do you think that businesses organize team building exercises ,some kind of camping adventurer or after hour drinks?- because their have to be that solid foundation- that bond , that pulling together spirit

I am a good observer of people and have come to learn, the body language/the eyes is like a truth machine. It never lies. I recently commented on Mulgrew's on screen relationship with gorgeous Lorraine Toussaint . I can see their is a little dislike there between them both in their on screen appearance as well as their interview together. Shoot me if im wrong , but that's what i picked up;)

This goes back to my original point. Although Mulgrew is an exceptional actress - by far precedes any others actresses i have seen to date. Her relationship with Ryan was build on a solid foundation. You just have to look at the past interviews they gave where they spoke somewhat affectionately about each others characters . I noticed in several interviews( One being the interview where the two was discussing the episode " Hope and fear" which is one of my favvvvvourite episodes i may add;) ) there was a slight twinkle in each others eyes when she speak about each other . Ryan also had a tendency to soften her tone when she spoke of Janeway . ;)

As far as i know they have only appeared on Voyager together, but have guest starred in a lot of the same shows. ie; Warehouse 13, Law and Order, etc. The media certainly did have a field day when they appeared as guests on Warehouse 13. When i saw it publicized with their pictures together , i nearly jumped out of my seat . I was like they are going to work together?.. only to realize they where to guest star in separate episodes :rolleyes:

Anyways , back to what you was saying. I do not think their can ever be true friends again and that is part of the reason why i wouldn't hold much hope they will ever work together again. Voyager was Mulgrew and Ryan's show.. well more Mulgrew's- but you get what i mean;). They had to knuckle together.Tolerance was a must.No tolerance- No show.:borg:

It is however a totally different ball game if it came down to appearing in another show together and for that , i do not think either of them will entertain the notion of doing that.

12. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

Hi guys, just dropping it to see what's going on in h-

[​IMG]

13. Janeway7trulv

14. Mr. Laser Beam

I had the same reaction when I saw Lorraine (we are talking about Lorraine, right? Not Beth Toussaint from that TNG ep?) on old episodes of Law & Order. Most of the other characters disliked her there, too! (Of course she DID play a defense attorney...on L&O they do tend to be unlikeable :evil: ).

15. Janeway7trulv

^ I only know Lorraine from OITNB, dunno who Beth is :)

16. Mr. Laser Beam

^ Beth played Ishara Yar (Tasha's sister) on TNG.

17. Janeway7trulv

Oh.. her...:guffaw:..no Lorraine is this beauty

[​IMG]

18. Starborn Dragon

Starborn Dragon Captain

Why can't there ever be just a strong friendship between people of the same gender without it being made into something horrible?

Why can't some people understand that two people can have a strong friendship without it being sexual and trying to pervert it?

19. mos6507

mos6507 Commodore Commodore

It's the whole forbidden fruit thing. It feeds into some people's fantasies they have about what might be going on behind closed doors. That's more exciting than the idea of a purely platonic bromance or womance.

20. Janeway7trulv

^ " Moi" Prevy:wtf:..How dare you!.. As for Horrible.. I would not describe a lesbian relationship as " Horrible". It is the most wondrous sensual and truly deep relationship two women can have and im an expert;)

Of course one is going to come across people ( like yourselves) who oppose that. I get that and you are entitled to your views.:)

Of course you can have a strong relationship with the same gender without sex coming into play...But hey its so exciting to "Prev" it up a bit ;):lol:

Funny you mention " Strong Friendship" in reference i take it to Mulgrew/Ryan. Do you believe they ever had one?.. Friendship i mean:guffaw::guffaw:

Moss6507

Now thats what im talking about..Guess what.. We are both Prevvy.. We will probably recieve 100 thrashings ;-)