Lost 5x10: "He's Our You"

Discussion in 'Lost' started by Agent Richard07, Mar 25, 2009.

?

Grade the episode...

1. Excellent

27.4%
  2. Above Average

49.3%
  3. Average

23.3%
  4. Below Average

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. RobertScorpio

RobertScorpio Pariah

This was a great episode...And four more to go..which means we will have to wait until next year (2010) to get the rest of the episodes..I HATE that!!!

Rob

2. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I thought there was 7 more to go?

3. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

There are six more weeks with a two hour finale! Don't fret! :techman: I think there's also one recap show thrown in the mix.

4. Caligula

Caligula Vice Admiral Admiral

A recap special or a clip show episode? If it's the latter, I'll pass. Clip shows suck. TNG's "Shades of Gray," for example....

5. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

You must have missed the SG-1 clip shows then. You wouldn't even know that what they were. :techman:

6. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

Probably a recap. A true clip show would be out of character.

7. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Here's the schedule...

April 1st: Episode 5x11
    April 8th: Episode 5x12
    April 15th: Episode 5x13
    April 22nd: (Clip/Recap Show)
    April 29th: Episode 5x14
    May 6th: Episode 5x15
    May 13th: Episodes 5x16/5x17 (Two-Hour Season Finale)

8. SinglePurpose

SinglePurpose Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

The others told Juliet they were located in Portland before they dragged her to the island.

9. Alidar Jarok

Alidar Jarok Everything in moderation but moderation Moderator

Yeah, but they later said they weren't (and were never Dharma anyway).

10. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Does Sayid know about the island's healing abilities? If I were him, I would've unloaded the gun into Ben, then chopped him up into many pieces and spread him across the island, maybe feed some parts to the animals.

11. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Or blow his brains out. Zombie rule. :p I can only assume that Sayid was seriously not right in the head when he did this, either through the trauma of returning to the Island seeing Young Ben or the "truth serum" or a combination of the two, because I really felt that he was out of character in this episode.

12. Gertch

Gertch Admiral

^ Haven't they been doing that with characters they are going to kill off? And I agree, he was out of character.

13. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I hope they are not building up to killing Sayid off. Because if they are they need to use him a lot better before then He has been sadly and badly underused this season.

I know it was slow and harked back to classic Lost and the ending was predictable but I kinda thought something might happen to cause Sayid to reconsider what he was going to do.

Lil' Ben has to revive obviously and like others say it must fuel his obsession with the island,however, this whole thing makes you wonder how Ben didn't recognise Sawyer ed co after the crash as an adult. Memory tripping or is that what fuelled his interest in the crashed ones?

Anyway a good episode, tho slow it filled in a few gaps about Sayid but sadly underwhelming fill ins. So I'll rate it an average. Would have helped to throw in a few reveals or curve balls amongst the other characters if not the Sayid storyline.

Plus I missed the flashbacks but am seeing a lack of connections to other cast in the flashbacks. Use to be cool to see someone in thr background who belonged in another person's story. ...Sigh...

14. McCoy

McCoy Commodore Commodore

Who's to say Ben didn't recognize them? That guy never reveals all his secrets at once. :)

15. Hermiod

Hermiod Admiral Admiral

Plus, the episode where they said that was called "Not in Portland", IIRC.

16. mirandafave

mirandafave Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Valid point.

17. WillsBabe

WillsBabe Vice Admiral Admiral

It's so rare that I get to vote/comment in the Lost forum because of spoilers. But since Sky is doing such a good job of keeping us up to date with US airings at the moment... I didn't enjoy this episode as much as the others this season. I was a bit bored by Kate and Jack being back on the island, and the distracted glances across the Dharmaville bored me, too. On the up side I'm still enjoying Jim Lafleur. I hope Sawyer stays like this. I love Sayid and Naveen Andrews a great deal but I didn't really enjoy Naveen's acting when he was drugged. It's the first time I've never bought it. So, I'm letting it pass. I can't believe that someone from the Dharma group didn't start pondering the stuff he'd been telling them. Unless that's the reason one or two amongst them were so adamant they kill him. And finally, to end on a trivial note. Sayid looked mighty hot coming down those stairs in Moscow. That is all. :lol:

18. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought the scene where he shot lil Ben was played so that we were supposed to regard Sayid as being almost completely out of it. Without the truth serum, he probably would have restrained his impulse to kill lil Ben.

19. Hober Mallow

Hober Mallow Commodore Commodore

Seems to me the point of the entire episode was to set up the final scene as being in-character, that that was really his true character.

20. Mallet

Mallet Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I agree. It shows Sayid as someone who will make the hard choices and will do what needs to be done. Everyone else has seemed to forget that Ben is an evil, lying, bastard who tormented & tortured them when they first crashed on the island. Had his minions kidnap and kill the losties from the front and tail sections of the plane and then he continued to manipulate them even when they got off the Island, forcing them to go back.

Sayid knew that killing Ben, young or old, was the right thing to do. And if killing Ben as a kid prevented all the bad stuff from happening in the future, then that is even better.

it's like the age old question, if you could go back in time and kill Hitler before he rose to power, would you do it?

Sayid would.