Green Arrow (CW)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Jetfire, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Roshi

Roshi Admiral Admiral

The guy playing Deadshot looked like Mitt Romney's brother...

2. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

Well he let his bodyguard in on the secret pretty quick. I thought they would stretch it out longer but I guess it would have been pretty hard for him to keep dodging him.

Did anyone else notice the name "Andrew Diggle" on Deadshot's chest?

3. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm glad Digg is now in on the secret. I hope Deadshot isn't dead, even though it's pretty hard to recover from an arrow through the eye. I did love the sound effects of the arrows in the final battle, they sounded like fireworks.

The voiceovers are beginning to annoy me, I hope they phase them out. The present day adventures are a bit routine, I hope they make the villains more challenging and I'd like to see an episode which has more of an emphasis on the island.

4. Agent Richard07

Agent Richard07 Admiral Admiral

Laurel's kung fu action looked like a bit of set-up for her to become Black Canary.

5. NrobbieC

NrobbieC Commander Red Shirt

I still don't like Diggle, not sure why. Maybe it's just because I don't think the actor's that good.

6. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

My local CW channel had a HUGE technical screw up last night during arrow. The episode aired, first with just the background audio (music, Sound effects) but noi dialog. I thought it was my TV, but it turns out it wasn't. So, I turned on closed captioning. Then, all the audio turned off, and a message that said "we are experiencing audio difficultiews, please stand by" appeared at the bottom. then, the whole channel just went dark for about 10 minutes in the middle of the episode. I guess they just gave up, because it returned with no audio at all for the rest of the episode, so I just had to read the subtitles. it wasn't just the episode, because the commercials were also screwed up, although the show after it was fine. I hope this doesn't happen next week :scream:

From what I saw of the episode (which is most of it except about 10 minutes in the middle when the channel just turned off) it was very good. I wish I could have seen it with audio, but atleast I got to see most of it, and the subtitles meant I could keep up with what was going on. I'm excited for next weeks episode, hopefully without the technical screw ups.

7. timothy

timothy Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Arrow vs deadshot was awesome last night 3 episode in two super hero battles all ready taking place. And we are three episode in awesome. So far this show is exceeding smallville. :) :) :)

8. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I hope they start getting into his 5 years on the island a little more. The little tidbits they've been giving us haven't been enough. Maybe now that Diggle knows it'll be a good excuse for him to tell the story.

9. propita

propita Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I decided to keep reading before posting this same info.

As for the show, am I the only one who doesn't like the little sister? He was a playboy at 22 and she was in high school, most likely. How close could they have been before he was lost for 5 years? And while he's back from supposedly having NO ONE around, she's all, "Why aren't you here for me?" whine, whine, whine. Everything's about her. Yeah, I know, she's young--but that just points to the first thing, how close could they have been if he had been as self-centered before? I don't blame the actress, it's the writing.

Other than that, liking the show, and Digg. Digg's cool.

10. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I thought this episode was really good. I don't know how this Deadshot compares to the comics version (my only other experience with the characters is Smallville [I know no one liked that version] and Arkham City [which didn't really have much characterization for him]. I'm wondering if Ollie will decide to start training Thea as a way of trying to improve her behavior? That's my theory based on what we've seen so far at least.
    The fact that the producers kept pointing to this episode when people asked about Black Canary makes me think we will be see her take on the BC identity eventually.

11. nightwind1

nightwind1 Commodore Commodore

I'm betting the arrow didn't penetrate through the eyepiece into the eye, but just knocked him out.

He probably came too while the others weren't looking.

12. PsychoPere

PsychoPere Vice Admiral Premium Member

You could watch it on Hulu.

13. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

14. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

So will Deadshot become Deathstroke the Terminator now, or has another actor already been chosen for that role?

15. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

One would assume that Deathstroke already got an arrow through his eye ball on the island so that he's as cyclopean as he is in the comics when arrives in Starling City to tell Oliver that all is forgiven, because all that happens on the Island, stays on the Island but Oliver still tries to kill him again.

16. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

Deathstroke will be Ollie's own little Ras Ah Ghul. I am betting, since we didn't see their heads, that all of the "hunters" on the island wear the Deathstroke mask.

17. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

First look at "King" and "Ace" of The Royal Flush Gang as well as some shots of Ollie training with Diggle.

18. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

^Hockey masks?? Thats the best they could come up with for the Royal Flush gang? No style, no flash, very disappointing.

19. SG-17

SG-17 Commodore Commodore

No robots. :(

20. theenglish

theenglish Vice Admiral Admiral

Even in the comics, there are various incarnations of the RF gang. Maybe when super powers make their way into this show, the gang will return.