(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

Perhaps Derby should write to the league and ask for a 4-goal headstart every game - 2 and 3 isn't enough :D

Swansea must really miss Brendan, huh? 3-0 against him, 5-0 for them. I almost love it - thank god They are not top of the league ;)

2. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

suppose we can't exactly complain about the entertainment level so far this season.

T'would be nice to win occasionally though.....

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

AVB selling Dawson :lol: He won't last the season.

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm, anyone would think QPR were suddenly desperate...you'd think Hughes would have known his defence was poor, though obviously he thought he'd stiffended it with the purchase of...er...Robert Green!

5. Angel4576

Hughes will have been swiftly disavowed of the notion that Green is a good keeper. First shot of the afternoon, Michu. Goal. And one that he really should have done much better with.

Dawson and Carvalho as Hughes' dream partnership at the back? Oh dear.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Clearly Green has his plus points, but he is prone to howlers and you would have thought Hughes would know that! Hell even I know that!

7. HappyDayRiot

So far my predictions for WBA to drop like a stone and for Hazard to flop like a salmon have been proven astonishingly wrong.

The Premier League is shaping up very interestingly. It's a good job I ignore tables until the 11th game though, isn't it....

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I have a friend who's a Villa fan...he's worried already!

9. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Lambert was a fool for taking over that sinking ship.

10. HappyDayRiot

I would be considerably more worried if I were a QPR fan. They are a shambles that relegation would probably kill off for the next decade or so. Utterly bizarre transfer policy - if you can call it a policy - of buying buying buying some more and then panic buying journeymen on reportedly big wages.

They'll probably stay up but will make it hard for themselves. Villa....who knows? Big job on there, that's for sure. It's unfathomable they could go down, and yet....

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

No team's too big to go down, but yeah QPR don't look v safe, and Norwich haven't started well either. Still long way to go yet...

12. HappyDayRiot

Forest should be ashamed. Letting a league cup home tie to Wigan slip. Honestly. Wigan lose at this stage to lower league opposition annually!

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I still can't believe they've signed Landsbury....

I appreciate she has a near 100% crime solving rate, but isn't she a bit old for the Championship?

14. Angel4576

Lansbury's a great signing for them, especially for £1m. Sadly, that defense all but guarantees that they'll be playing Championship football against next season.

Collins is average, Halford and Ayala are awful, Moloney isn't as good as Freeman, Lascelles is completely untested at this level, Hutchinson has obvious injury concerns, which leaves Harding as the only decent defender IMO.

If they don't sign another defender or two before the deadline on Friday then they'll struggle to get into the playoffs come the end of the season.

15. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

I don't understand why Lansbury isn't playing PL football but dam that is a GREAT signing for Forest. Hopefully McGugan will be sold now because he is a fucking lazy bastard :scream:. I agree that our defence is CRAP and Why the hell we let Freeman leave and kept Moloney is beyond me. Simon Cox looks techinally a good player but he won't score more than 15, were still looking for that 20+ goals a season striker and we need a creative FAST winger.

16. Angel4576

^^ Think you're interested in Adam Hamill from Wolves - could be a decent signing for the wing.

Cox - no, he won't get you 20 goals, but him and Blackstock (if he stays fit) will get 25 between them I'm sure. Just need your midfield to pitch in. They're capable.

Freeman - I don't get that either.....but thanks. :)

17. HappyDayRiot

Brighton's Craig Noone has signed for Cardiff. Ninth summer signing, and the eighth forward. We definitely needed a fast tricky winger for sure, but right now I can't work out where the heck all of them are going to play or when (obviously Bellamy won't be playing every game so cover for him was essential). And we still only have 6 senior defenders with next to no cover at full-back. I think Malky knows what he's doing....

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm, is it possible he's been replaced by Billy Davies or Warnock in a Mission Impossible style mask?

19. Angel4576

Add another striker - looks like you're getting Nicky Maynard as well! :lol:

20. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Meanwhile Blackburn pay up to £8 million for Jordan Rhodes...

If they don't go up at the first time of asking I think they're well and truly fucked!