Are many of you going to "spoil" yourselves next week?

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by themadhatter, Apr 18, 2013.

1. themadhatter

themadhatter Ensign Newbie

Hello all, I am new to this forum. I have been reading material on here for a few months now, but finally decided to stop being lazy and set up an account. So, pleased to meet all of you.

With the film premiering next week in Australia, we all know what is coming. All mysteries will be revealed.

I, for one, think this film is definitely going to have some tie to Wrath of Khan. But, the constant speculation has gotten almost too hard to take.

I want so badly to just sneak a peak and find out the true answers. I think we all want to know which theory is correct, etc.

So, how many of you are going to "get spoiled" next week?

Perhaps a better question would be how many of you think it will be possible to avoid spoilers, especially if the villain turns out to be a certain passenger on the Botany Bay?

2. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm not going to actively pursue spoilers but I'm afraid getting unintentionally spoiled will be unavoidable, unless I stop visiting every website I like & get off the internet completely until I see the movie.

Somebody, somewhere is bound to write in big bold letters IT WAS KHAN ALL ALONG, I TOLD YOU SO or WHY DID SPOCK HAVE TO DIE?? :p

3. Amaris

Amaris Guest

Yes, I may have to recuse myself from TrekBBS, my board, a few other boards, and Facebook, Twitter, any news blog, friends' phone calls, and any assorted texts for the week between Australia's release and the U.S.' release.

4. themadhatter

Well, one thing is certain, several people will settle arguments and debate all over the internet. Then, we can debate about the next installment :)

5. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Based on the trailers, it looks like "Cumberbatch is Khan" is true in a metaphorical sense.

6. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

Absolutely I'll read every spoiler I can find.

7. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Go for the full shebang man, bucket over head, hands over ears singing, "La-la-la-la!"

:p

8. Lord Garth FOI

Lord Garth FOI Commander Red Shirt

Spoil me sweetpea

9. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    I'm going to do my best to ignore my inner-child...
    (which is probably doomed from the outset)

At least untill I see the movie myself.

10. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

I'll avoid any lengthy descriptions of the plot for sure but I'll mostly read bite sized tidbits but that's it.

11. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

I was super enthusiastic about this one.. but then I saw the last trailer where it seems that Starfleet has made an impossibly large and retarded-looking ship and that put a huge damper on my enthusiasm. :(

12. themadhatter

There are only two things that make me think that Harrison is just not a straight up Khan 2.0:

1. Khan had North Indian ancestry in the original timeline. But, could be a loophole to that. Take a look at what wikipedia said:

In "Space Seed" writer Carey Wilber's original plot treatment, the character of Khan was a Nordic superman named Harold Erricsen. The first draft of the script introduced the character as John Ericssen—

Would they break television canon? Of course they would.

2. The film Cloverfield was long rumored to be a Godzilla or some other legendary monster film. Cloverfield was said to be a "codeword" Of course, we all know that ended up being the actual name of the film. J.J. Abrams misdirected by not misdirecting at all.

So, what I am really trying to say is maybe John Harrison is John Bon Jovi. After all, he is Wanted....Dead or Alive.

13. Therin of Andor

Therin of Andor Admiral Moderator

Yeah, Ricardo Montalban cast as a North Indian!

14. Nero's Shadow

Nero's Shadow Captain Captain

Yep I'm Ignoring every bit of info I can the next three weeks it will be hard but I'll give it a go. Looking forward to this movie !!!! Coming off trek bbs for a bit as well so I don't tempt myself into darkness sorry for the pun !!!!!

15. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I am going to spoil myself by going to the cinema on May 9nth :D

16. Xaios

Xaios Commander Red Shirt

I probably will, I have no real issue with spoilers.

17. Kruezerman

Kruezerman Commodore Commodore

Nope. I'll be a good little boy and fall off the face of the boards.

At worst, I'll go to Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic to see the ratings.

18. Gepard

Gepard Vice Admiral Admiral

It's unlikely that I'll be interested in seeing given how 'meh' I was about the last one, so I'll be reading spoilers to answer the major questions; e.g., who Cumberbatch is playing and what the plot actually is. My curiosity basically ends there, though.

19. bbailey861

bbailey861 Admiral Admiral

I am going to try to remain spoiler free, although I think it inevitable that some things will end up crossing my ears.

20. tmosler

tmosler Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

unlike many of you I am not going in spoilor free. does anyone no if there will be ratings on websites like rotten tomatoe and meta critic after the austrailian premeier?