Mass Effect 2

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheBrew, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

I don't get what the big mystery about Tali's face is all about, I mean you can see her eyes, nose cheeks and forehead through the visor and she looks basically Human/Asari-oid, just very slender, shortish creatures with knees that bend the other way and milky white, glow in the dark eyes. So I'm going with pointy eared, purple skinned space elves with swept back porcupine hair and slightly disturbing centauress legs!

Yes, the real secret of the Quarians is that they escaped from one of those middle-earth/hyrule/warhammer type planets where they used to all live in tree castles while building hordes of ethically inquisitive killer robots! ;)

On a more practical note, you have to wonder how generations spent living in those suits has affected not just their immune system, but their senses too. Sight, hearing, touch, taste, smell, it's all filtered though the suit, though I suppose being trapped in a suit all the time they probably get more smell than they can deal with.

2. TheGodBen

TheGodBen Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

3. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Let's face it, if they do reveal her face in ME3 then she'll undoubtedly be a stunner. Bit of a downer on things if she finally cracks off the mask and it turns out to be a munter..... :rolleyes:

4. Sheep

Sheep Vice Admiral Admiral

5. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Just completed second playthough. Renegade Vanguard maleShep ME1 import (all human council, Wrex and Lt. Boring dead on Virmire, Chief Williams bedded.) Since it took mostly opposite decisions from my (mostly) Paragon femShep Soldier I left the base intact, blew up the geth heretics, let Miranda, Mordin, Jack and Garrus kill their respective associates, while I executed the Turian in Thane's mission, left Jacob's old man to the savages and got Tali exiled.
    Oh and I scored the hat-trick by bedding (in order) Jack, Miranda and Tali. Did it with Morinth to but that didn't end well. ;)
    So my maleShep is a complete slut, having previously done Ashley & the Consort. By contrast, my femShep did it with Liara in ME1 and stayed faithful...if you don't count lap dancing personal assistants. :D

P.S. Am I crazy, or does the last name (read, home ship name) of Claudia Black's character sound suspiciously similar to "moya"? ;)

6. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

Yeah, less is more when it comes to the Quarians.

7. OdoWanKenobi

OdoWanKenobi Admiral Admiral

8. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Claudia Black does a voice in this?! Which character?

9. firehawk12

firehawk12 Fleet Admiral Admiral

She's the Quarian admiral, I think.

10. Sheep

Yup. It was kind of hard to identify her since they ran her voice through some sort of filter to make her sound Quarian.

I'm horrible at identifying voice actors unless they're REALLY obvious (like Michael Dorn's krogan). I completely missed Adam Baldwin until after his character got killed and I looked it up on IMDB.

11. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

Really? I thought Claudia Black and Adam Baldwin were very easy to identify. Their voices are pretty distinctive.

12. firehawk12

Wow, didn't know Baldwin was Kal'Reegar. :lol:

13. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

in game credits say she did the Admiral plus other voices.

14. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Black I recognised straight away, but for some reason I didn't spot Baldwin until the second time I ran into him in the flotilla. My ear can be a bit hit and miss at times, for instance it took me a while to twig to Marina Sirtis in ME1.

15. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

I missed Claudia Black and Carrie Ann Moss the first time through.

16. bullethead

bullethead Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I totally missed Claudia Black on both my playthroughs, but since I say the Cast of ME2 video, I knew who most of the recognizable names were going to play.

17. Ryan

Ryan Commodore Commodore

What's the deal with all the Quarians having wildly different accents anyway? :lol:

18. Skywalker

Skywalker Admiral Admiral

I find that more realistic than all the turians, asari, salarians, and volus having the same exact accent.

19. Sheep

Because humans don't have wildly different accents?

20. firehawk12

Better question is, why would the Quarians hold a trial in English? :p