F1 2013 Championship

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Lonemagpie, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Pingfah

Pingfah Fleet Admiral Admiral

That's fine, but FOM can't do that, they've done what they can do. You specifically attacked their excuse for not taking further action as being feeble, when in fact it is perfectly valid.

2. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So the F1 circus is back after a 3 week break. Are we expecting a Red Bull front row?

Anyway instead of brining back testing, why not bring back the T-Car with the provision it can only be used during Practice sessions. And let the reserve driver(s) who are fairly often at the GP anyway do the testing. It gets more millegae for them, as it would be in traffic they could hone their race craft to a certain degree. It would allow teams to test at all the circuits instead of just 2 or 3.

3. Geckothan

Geckothan Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Horner making excuses for Vettel and his lack of pole... how pathetic. It's not like Lewis had a great lap himself, yet he managed to get on pole. Also, Webber really does get all the bad luck doesn't he? RBR being clowns as usual.

Prediction: Hamilton's tyres will melt and Vettel will go off into the distance for yet another processional snoozefest.

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Lewis sounded suprised to find out he was on pole. But now that RBR finally have the 2012 tyre construction back I suspect they thought they would easily top the time sheets. But then again points aren't awarded on saturdays.

It just goes to show that the Mercedes has great underlying pace if they can just fix the tyre wear issue(s).

5. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

No tyre issues for Mercedes + confident overtaking from Lewis = win! Ha! I has a happy.

6. Geckothan

Well my prediction was wrong then. Lewis Hamilton... WIIINNNNSSSSS!

I couldn't help but laugh seeing Vettel stuck behind Button with Hamilton going off into the distance.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

I don't think many people would have predicted a Lewis victory. But Vettel lost it by not being able to overtake the slower McLaren, which Lewis managed to do. That was the difference today Lewis went for the overtake aand made it stick.

But Grosjean was once again banging wheels.And it looks like he was lucky the Stewards decided to award him a 20 second penalty instead of a grid penalty next time around.

And it was nice to see Williams get a point.

8. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

So is it time for a half term report

Red Bull: P3 W4 Pd9
    Mercedes: P7 W3 Pd6
    Ferrari: W2 Pd6
    Lotus: W1 Pd8

SV: 172pts (1st:4, 2nd:1, 3rd:2, 4th:2, Ret:1) Poles:2
    KR: 134pts (1st:1, 2nd:5, 5th:1, 7th:1, 9th:1 10th:1)
    FA: 133pts (1st:2, 2nd:2, 3rd:1, 4th:1, 5th:1, Ret1)
    LH: 124pts (1st:1, 3rd:3, 4th:2, 5th:3, 12th:1) Poles:4

9. Geckothan

10. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well looks like there are doubts over 2 possible 3 races for next year

The Russian Grand Prix (missed the deadline for application to host a race)

The Indian Grand Prix (red tape and a change of date to earlier in the season)

The American Grand Prix (New Jersey)

But we know of at least one race that is returning The Austrian Grand Prix.

11. Geckothan

Can't say I'm particularly bothered about missing any of those. India is boring, Russia is just in it for the money/just 'because' ("oh look all these other crappy Eastern countries have GPs, so let's get one too!"), India is pretty boring, and the New Jersey track looked crap anyway (oh great a generic street circuit around an Industrial estate). Bring on Austria!

12. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well some of the more traditonal circuits such as Monza, Spa and Silverstone are better than the Tilkedromes we got with a lot of the newer circuits.

13. ITL

ITL Vice Admiral Admiral

Absolutely!

Imola was a favourite of mine - although I suppose the Senna/Ratzenberg tragedy soured the place for a lot of people.

14. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Perhaps, But deaths and injuries have occured at many circuits. Most drivers would want others to continue racing there even if they were killed at that circuit.

It's like saying we shouldn't go into space because astronauts have died getting into space or coming back from space.

And ys I miss many of the older circuits, yes I know the sport has to expand into new territories.

15. Geckothan

16. Avon

Avon Commodore Commodore

that's some good news.

though looks like pirelli have deployed their famous exploding tyres at spa to make up for a few quiet weeks without much f1 controversy.

17. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well there is something to be said about the classic race tracks. Would we really like to lose places like Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Suzuka, Hockenheim, Interlargos?

18. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Disapointed for Di Resta, but Lewis does it again. Four in a row.

19. Geckothan

Lewis showing Fingerboy how it's done! Shame for Di Resta, though, and shame for the championship that Kimi and Alonso are so far down (need a couple of Fingerboy engine failures combined with Kimi wins to balance things out!).

20. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Well points aren't awarded on Saturday, lets hope for a wet race.