TNG fans please identify yourselves ...

Discussion in 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' started by Gold Grizzly, Oct 31, 2005.

1. TribbleFeeder

TribbleFeeder Rear Admiral Premium Member

Great username! Haha

2. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thank you, very much. What does yours mean by the way? And yes, it's Jonathan Frake's actual nickname, of course, and I wrote it out this way in case he ever did want to visit a STAR TREK userboard calling himself that. I was trying not to step on his toes, as it were. But before I finally decided on it, I entered just about every other name you could imagine ... ALL were taken! Riker ... Will Riker ... Commander Riker ... Kirk ... Captain Kirk ... Jim ... that it finally accepted 2takesfrakes came as a great relief to me, I don't think I had another STAR TREK name left to choose from.

TribbleFeeder likes this.
  3. TribbleFeeder

That’s awesome! I like it

Little was my nickname in high school (I’m 5’ tall) and I opened this account right after I graduated. I don’t know how to change it!! Haha

2takesfrakes likes this.
  4. 2takesfrakes

2takesfrakes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

If I'm not mistaken, if you post some insane amount of posts on this site, you can change your name on it, at will. But little's different; it'll work for you, I'm sure.

5. Sibyl

Sibyl Caffeine Pill Popper Rear Admiral

6. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

Hi Nikki, I'd be so very glad to see you around more (I love your engage pun!). Next Generation is also my favorite series to rewatch over and over, I grew up with this program and I always keep a warm place in my heart for it. I totally feel just as you about Jean-Luc and Data, and oh dear, there are a couple of us girls here pretty taken with our favorite android, we've been having some rewatch sessions, watching together and simultaneously chatting on instant messenger, lol!

7. TribbleFeeder

Hi Mary!! Omg that sounds like such fun!! I have to say it’s hard to not fall in love with Data. He’s so sweet and endearing. In “in theory” when he gets a girlfriend it warms my heart. I always wanted him to find love and it was hard to see him go through heartbreak with her and then later with sweet little Lal. They should have kept her around! They did the same thing with Odo, game him a “son” and then had them die. Ugh! Haha

Twilight Phoenix and Marynator like this.
  8. Marynator

Marynator Queen of all the Realms Premium Member

Oh my, we just watched In Theory yesterday! We chat a lot about how differently we'd be behaving if she or I were in Jenna's place, lol! I just did so much love many scenes in that episode, it's just very lovely! Today we're going to watch Hero Worship in just a little bit, I always love Data's compassion, and I feel it's so sad for Mr Data when he realizes Timothy doesn't idolize him any more.

9. TribbleFeeder

Awwww! I know it’s hard to watch. He wants a family and loved ones so badly, but he gets stuck with Lore and one episode characters that never can stick around. I don’t know much about other Trek (things outside of the TV series) but I hope he found happiness.

Marynator likes this.
  10. Trapper Keeper

Trapper Keeper Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Started watching Star Trek with the first airing of Encounter at Farpoint as a teenager and have been a fan ever since. Even though I consider myself a "Niner" foremost, TNG is a close second and I still enjoy re-watching episodes.

Alejandro and TribbleFeeder like this.
  11. LCDR Data

LCDR Data Ensign Newbie

I'm brand new to Star Trek. I watched about 30 or so episodes of the original series and really enjoyed them. Then I watched some clips of The Next Generation on youtube and had to start watching the episodes. Now I can't get enough. I've seen about 40 of the episodes in the last week. Data is the greatest character ever! The Measure of a Man and The Offspring are my favorite episodes.

12. Twilight Phoenix

Twilight Phoenix Captain Captain

Hello there ! I'm in the same situation as you : a newbie trekker who discovered TNG just a few months ago and has become a Data fan in the process :D
    Please feel free to PM me for anything android ;)
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2018
  13. TribbleFeeder

Welcome!
    And woo hoooo!! Team Data! :techman:

14. Uncle_Lou

Uncle_Lou Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi, Lou here. I was Googling at random (Trek, monsters, toys, pop culture junk, etc.) and this place popped up, so here I am! Not much of interest in the 'about me' category, I'm afraid.....regular fella, lifelong Trek fan (partial to TNG), dog/animal enthusiast, gourmand, part-time drunkard, progressive thinker, and lover of rubber monsters & schlock.

A forum/community dedicated to Star Trek? Of course; where have you been all my life? :)
    Thanks for having me!

Just noticed: No avatar for two weeks, eh? Not even a paper sack with eyeholes?
    ;)

15. TribbleFeeder

Hi Lou!!

I’m a drunken dog loving Trekkie myself. Welcome to the board!

Uncle_Lou likes this.
  16. Uncle_Lou

Uncle_Lou Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi & thanks! So, wait....did you mean that you love drunken dogs, or that you are drunken, or that Trekkies.....ah hell, never mind!
    :nyah:

17. TribbleFeeder

I guess all of those would suit to be honest :lol:

Uncle_Lou likes this.
  18. Alejandro

Alejandro Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hard to understand how long it took to me to start to apreciate ST. I think was thanks no netflix, because I was always lazy to download all the series.
    So, after I realised that Netflix is showing all the ST series I started with TNG. I fell in love for it! And then I passed to TOS and after DS9. Now I started Voyager's second season and I am enjoying.
    TNG I think is my favorite so.far but I am not shure because I also loved DS9
    It took me 34 years to realised that I really enjoy ST.

Marynator and TribbleFeeder like this.
  19. TribbleFeeder

Welcome to the board!!

Marynator and Alejandro like this.
  20. Schimpfy

Schimpfy Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Watched TOS in syndication and somewhat enjoyed it in the mid-80s, but TNG grabbed my attention during its initial run during season 3 with Yesterday's Enterprise. Since then it's always been my favorite out of all of the series...even with the sub-par later movies.

Marynator likes this.