If Khan defeated Kirk in TWOK

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies I-X' started by Noddy, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Noddy

Noddy Captain

Are there any theories as to how things would have progressed had Khan succeeded in defeating Kirk in TWOK (perhaps by beaming him up from Regula 1 along with the Genesis Device)? What would he have done then? Embarked on a quadrant-wide terror spree? Gone to look for potential allies to back him up?

2. publiusr

publiusr Admiral Admiral

Hard to say. I can see him dropping off some of his crew on a nice planet, and then using the torpedo as a threat against Earth.

3. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

I'm not sure Khan thought that far ahead.

4. Khan 2.0

Khan 2.0 Commodore Commodore

i think hed have returned to earth, to have...his....VENGEANCE!! *BRAAAAAMMM....BRAAAAAMMM etc*

5. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Possibly try to reverse engineer the genesis torpedo, make more of them and threaten to do what Nero tried later... or possibly get into bed with Section 31 and start a war with the Klingons... who knows...

6. Ln X

Ln X Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Galactic domination, that's what! I would also imagine a couple of pogroms to purge out 'lesser' members of the human race.

7. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

He'd conquer Earth only to be destroyed by the Whale probe.

8. Khan 2.0

Khan wouldve developed some kind of new weapon based on the genesis torpedo to destroy the probe and save earth

9. Khan 2.0

also he would have taken on and defeated the klingon empire after the Praxis incident and been ruler of the universe

10. T'Girl

T'Girl Vice Admiral Admiral

When you come right down to it, Khan had a super weapon that he could only use once, a beat up starship that he likely didn't have enough people to repair and maintain.

Also, assuming that he did not destroy the Enterprise in the first encounter, Kirk would have told Starfleet Command exactly what was going on. So Khan would have been hunted by more than a training ship full of cadet, but the main fleet.

Whatever he was going to do, he wouldn't have had much time.

The Reliant wasn't a whale probe -- V'Ger -- Narada -- supership, getting close enough to Earth to credibly threaten it with the genesis torpedo (or any Federation Member) would have been unlikely.

:)

11. YellowSubmarine

YellowSubmarine Vice Admiral Admiral

He would most likely kill Kirk and travel back in time to pick up some humpback whales.

12. R. Star

R. Star Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Oh yeah, Khan in the 1980's... he might get some humpbacks, but he's gonna leave his past self a to-do list to avoid being beaten. ;)

13. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Good point. They were time-travelling. It didn't matter if Kirk et al. left a couple hours later. Someone should have said "Hey, let's go mess up that guy Khan!"

14. Mr. Comic Book

Mr. Comic Book Ensign Red Shirt

My best guess is once he'd killed Kirk and destroyed the Enterprise, Khan would have set about building a galactic empire, using Genesis as a bargaining chip. He certainly had the know-how and the political skills to toy with the Federation, the Klingons, and the Romulans, and the threat of using Genesis on them would be an ace up his sleeve, especially if he could find a way to mass-produce the torpedoes.

The crew of the Reliant? They would have been dead on Ceti Alpha V. Starfleet couldn't have gotten to them in time.

The universe would have been a much uglier place had Khan been victorious. I don't see that he would have been taken out in short order.

15. Khan 2.0

so Khan wouldve turned the Trekverse into the Warsverse. nice

16. xvicente

xvicente Captain Captain

Khan (and Joachim) never seemed interested in Earth at all. Probably they would seek a planet to conquer. I remember a passage in the book when Khan examines his recently aquired Genesis torpedo and thinks something like "when he tired of ruling worlds that existed he would make new world to rule."

And of course, without Kirk, when the whale probe came Earth would be fubared. Kruge and Valkris would never intecerpt any transmission never know about Genesis and die of old age. Or not, because without Earth, when Praxis exploded the Klingons would be fubared. Without Earth there would be no Enterprise-D, then Soran would get in the Nexus and probably the Viridians would be fubared. Voyager would never exist so the Borg wouldn't be fubared, so the entire delta quadrant would. Until species 8472 came to fubar everything.

17. Robert Comsol

Robert Comsol Commodore Commodore

From "Space Seed":

KHAN: Captain, although your abilities intrigue me, you are quite honestly inferior. Mentally, physically. In fact, I am surprised how little improvement there has been in human evolution. Oh, there has been technical advancement, but, how little man himself has changed. Yes, it appears we will do well in your century, Captain. Do you have any other questions?
    KIRK: Thank you. They've all been answered.

Bob

18. Timelord Victorious

Timelord Victorious Vice Admiral Admiral

Actually without Kirk and Earth, the Viridians would have been perfectly fine.
    The Enterprise-B would not have been in range to intercept the Nexus ribbon and save the El-Aurians.
    Soran would not have been pulled from the Nexus and never blew up any star systems.

19. SchwEnt

SchwEnt Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

I just wanted to add Khan's later quote from the briefing room scene--

KHAN: Nothing ever changes, except man.

What's Khan really trying to say?

20. TheGoodStuff

TheGoodStuff Captain Captain

While it is intriguing to think that he may have come up with some grandiose, interstellar plan....

....I cant help but feel that he would have rashly, brazenly and arrogantly rushed that ship of his to Earth to threaten the UFP and [unlucky for him] this would be the one time that the UFP would actually have ships in orbit ready to defend the planet. He would then go out in a blaze of glory or stupidity, depending on how you want to look at it. ;)