Welcome Fellow Trekkies! The GTD Get to Know You thread

Discussion in 'General Trek Discussion' started by Alidar Jarok, Jan 21, 2010.

?

How excited are you that I'm here?

1. W00t!! Let's get this party started!

394 vote(s)
    71.6%
  2. I'm ok with it, I'll live.

116 vote(s)
    21.1%
  3. Meh.

27 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. BOO!! GO AWAY!!!

13 vote(s)
    2.4%
  1. The Old Mixer

The Old Mixer Mih ssim, mih ssim, nam, daed si Xim. Moderator

In the lower left is a teardrop-looking icon that says "Style Chooser" if you put your cursor over it. Clicking on that gives a couple of less blinding options. (I use Big Blue myself.)

ColdEagle likes this.
  2. Ensign Mas

Ensign Mas Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hello! I'm a fan of Trek, even though I wouldn't label myself a hardcore Trekkie, from Sweden. Been a lurker for some time, but thought it's time to get a bit more engaged in the discussions.

3. ll StarTrekFan ll

ll StarTrekFan ll Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hello everyone. I am a final year undergraduate History and Mathematics double major living in the United States interested in essentially all topics History and Math/Science related (eg. Sci-Fi). I love Star Trek and have seen all of the Original Series, The Next Generation, Deep Space Nine, Enterprise, and the Movies (old+new). I look forward to interacting with people on this forum who have similar interests and the benefit of receiving the insights of other members with knowledge and differing perspectives as I know there are people from various backgrounds in the community.

Thanks for your time.

4. Cephas7

Cephas7 Ensign Newbie

Hello fellow Star Trek and scifi lovers. I am new here, so i will be going around the website reading an writing this and that. Hope to have some fun here, and above all, have some great discussions about the Star Trek universe.

ll StarTrekFan ll likes this.
  5. Lysian

Lysian Lieutenant Red Shirt

Hi everyone, I am a young science fiction fan. Star Trek is my second favorite series ever and I love all the versions! With the release of Discovery I decided it was time to join here, so here I am! Thank you for letting me join, I can't wait to participate!

6. Dutchymvl

Dutchymvl Ensign Newbie

Hello everyone. had an account here but i guess i've been away for too long. Now i am back. For those of you that remember the old Spacestation K7 forums, i was part of the mod team there and was known as V'ger. Unfortunatly lost contact with them.

7. Apollo7

Apollo7 Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi, my name is Josh. I've been a fan since my teen years (I started watching live in the third season of TNG and caught up with the past episodes on syndication reruns and been a fan ever since). I saw the TOS as a kid, but didn't really get into the series until recently and I like it. I like all the series, but I would say ENT is the weakest of the series, but I still like it. I have every series on DVD (except TAS) and collect and read the Trek novels too.

8. Graham

Graham Commander Red Shirt

Hi folks. Long time Trek fan, and still a fan of TOS through Enterprise, the novels, etc. Run my own Trek fan website and forum, thought I would hang out here for a bit.

9. Gul Sengosts

Gul Sengosts Commander Red Shirt

Hello! I'm a great fan of most of Star Trek, and I also like other stuff (most notably, Mass Effect). Looking forward to discussing stuff with you guys. Wearing this red shirt makes me slightly nervous, not sure why, can't put my finger on it. It's nothing, probably.

10. KlingonCereal

KlingonCereal Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Salvete omnes! I'm a fairly big Star Trek fan but that comes at a slight notice: I haven't seen all of Star Trek - yet. I've seen quite a lot of it on TV over the years, so how much I have seen I cannot be sure. But currently I've been working through the show more systemically to make sure I do actually watch it all.

I absolutely loved The Original Series. It seems that show is hit or miss for people, but it was really great for me! The Animated Series was alright, but I've opted to read the novellizations instead (Once I get the first few, ended up working backwards). The Next Generation is, obviously, phenomenal. Ive seen very little of DS9, VOY, and ENT to my knowledge - but I'm greatly excited to get around to these. I've seen what's been released of DIS and, well, I'm keeping an open mind.

I've read a few novels already, and look forward to reading many many more. Some of them are quite horrendous (in my opinion) but others are just captavating! Regardless though, I find them all to be great fun.

Overall, I'm glad to be here. Star Trek brings me great joy and I love sharing that joy with other Trekkies. :beer:

Aerotrek and Sibyl like this.
  11. Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Ensign Red Shirt

Hello everyone.
    I'm 42, but unfortunately discovered the world of Star Trek just a few years. But I'm doing my best to catch up, watching the series and movies and also reading the books.
    Hope to get well with all of you here.

Kilana2 and KlingonCereal like this.
  12. GreenDragonKnight

GreenDragonKnight Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

Hey, you're younger than me! :hugegrin:

Bilbo Baggins likes this.
  13. •N•A•O•M•I•

•N•A•O•M•I• Cadet Newbie

Also a newbie.
    I guess all I can say is that people will like what they like, but they’re missing out...
    I also like TNG

14. •N•A•O•M•I•

•N•A•O•M•I• Cadet Newbie

Hello all!
    I am very new here, but I have watched Star Trek all through my childhood. You all seem very welcoming and kind, and I am very excited to be here.

samuel10 likes this.
  15. samuel10

samuel10 Ensign Red Shirt

good to be hear and talk to other fans

16. GreenDragonKnight

OK, so, here's my advice for those of you who are just discovering Star Trek, here's how you should go about it: first, watch the original beginning to end. Then watch the first 6 movies. Then watch TNG beginning to end. Then watch First Contact (as it's the only TNG movie that's worth watching, though it may well be the greatest Star Trek movie ever). Skip DS9 (Unless of course you like soap operas). Then watch Voyager and Enterprise beginning to end. And that's how it's done.

17. Bilbo Baggins

Bilbo Baggins Ensign Red Shirt

Haha, I'm not used to hear that in the forums I attend to.

18. Bandini

Bandini Lieutenant Junior Grade Red Shirt

Hi everyone, pleased to be here.

I'm a 47 years old french nerd :D and Discovery lead me here. Hope to read some interesting things from all of you and maybe I can put some interesting things myself too.

I'm not a die hard Trek fan but I saw almost all of them with pleasure because I'm a Scyfy fan from my youth.

I might not be very good in canon things but I'm looking to read things about.

19. GreenDragonKnight

Well, I just turned 45, so, you know... :shrug:

20. GreenDragonKnight

And BTW I like your username. Apparently we're both big into fantasy.