Keanu Reeves will be Spike Spiegel in Cowboy Bebop movie

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Dream, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

Why would they do an origin script when the series just barely pieced together what happened before hand with a few lines of dialogue? I'd like to see a select episode from the series, Red Eye would be a good one which then goes into the two parter.

I like Ed and Ein a lot, but the fact is they would detract from a live action - especially since Ed was a parody of the normal whacky anime character. They wrote them out before the final episode for a reason, and thats because neither fit into the more serious episodes outside of hacking/comedy moments.

2. zakkrusz

zakkrusz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I suppose, open it and out pops a giant list in this case. I do have 584 titles under my belt from which to draw from. That or a debate on the merits and failures of Japanese animation.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2009
  3. The Laughing Vulcan

The Laughing Vulcan Admiral Admiral

584 titles! How does that break down exactly? Are talking 584 discs, or 584 series? Would Naruto count as 1 title or 50 odd discs. Would all of Naruto be one title, or would you count the OVA and movies separately? Just an example mind. You may not even have Naruto...

I keep a spreadsheet (What DVD collector doesn't)

I have 48 complete series over 20 episodes
    20 incomplete series over 20 episodes
    18 complete series under 19 episodes
    3 incomplete series under 19 episodes
    35 complete OVAs
    3 incomplete OVAs
    49 movies
    3 miscellaneous titles

1 OVA on order, 2 volumes to complete one full length series, and two complete series.

4. zakkrusz

Titles as in, all Japanese animated things that I've ever seen combined movies, TV, OVAs, and ONAs even the naughty stuff. I use this website's gigantic anime encyclopedia and their My Anime feature. It lets you catalog, rate and write comments for yourself to keep track of everything you've seen and after 13 years or so of being a fan that's quite a lot for me. 1 TV series counts as 1 title (unless it stopped airing and came back with a different title IE Naruto and Naruto Shippuden are two different titles) and so forth for movies and the like (although there are some abnormalities like the Mobile Suit Gundam movie trilogy is considered one title even though it's 3 movies. You'd have to get one of the Encyclopedists to explain that to you. :confused:). For a better indication you can read my list if you want, though I suggest avoiding the comment section unless you don't mind some spoilers.

Seen All (Currently 584)
    Seen Some (currently 22)

5. The Borgified Corpse

The Borgified Corpse Admiral Admiral

Ouch! Forgotten already? You were just down ther
    ^Firstly, what is an OVA anyway?

I think any adaptation would need to have Ed. Yes, she's a bit over the top and a clear parody of other stupid anime characters but she helps give the series its flavor. You need an energetic, peculiar character to compensate for the somewhat cliched "tough" characterizations of Spike, Faye, & Jet. Maybe they should tone down the loud babbling and make her more of a quiet, physically peculiar character.

6. zakkrusz

Original Video Animation. It's the equalivent of a direct to video release. They're offen shorter series that range from about 1 to 10 episodes in length usually.

Also ONA are, similiarly, Original Net Animations series or shorts released initially or strictly through the internet by animation or game companies.