"James Bond 23" officially slated for 2012!

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by JacksonArcher, Jan 11, 2011.

1. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

Well, the opening scene is supposed to be set in Istanbul and I think I read somewhere that Shanghai will also appear. But otherwise, you seem to be right.

Oh, and apparently they are going to show Bond's family's home as well (minor spoilers in the link):
    http://theforagingphotographer.wordpress.com/2012/03/11/the-plot-thickens/

2. Aldo

Aldo Admiral Admiral

Well production has moved to Turkey, and Daniel Craig will be there in April to film. But yes, London is going to be a major location in this film, since it appears (from what we know) that most of the plot revolves around what happens there.

3. Rush Limborg

Rush Limborg Vice Admiral Admiral

Also, Bond apparently meets the French mademoiselle somewhere....

Where is anyone's guess.

4. Samurai8472

Samurai8472 Admiral Admiral

5. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I do like that the finale looks like it might be a twist on the old 'villain's base' trope.

6. Admiral_Young

Admiral_Young Fleet Admiral Admiral

Interesting character names if that is a real casting sheet. Is it me...or did Craig get a haircut?

7. Rush Limborg

I find it most fascinating that--

the "glamorous and enigmatic" French Bond Girl has 3 bodyguards!

Hmm...a princess, perhaps?

8. Samurai8472

Yes. You can practically set your watch to it. It looks like it's been done with a ruler.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  9. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Probably to contrast with how unkempt he looks in earlier scenes :)

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

11. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Hmm,

I dunno. I like Tom Hardy a lot, he was great in Inception and Tinker Tailor, and I anticipate him being good as Bane.

But...

He is a bit rough and ready, and whilst you could say the same about Craig to an extent, I think he's somewhat more polished. Also, and there's no polite way to put this, but Hardy always comes across as somewhat sleazy. It's an engaging kind of sleaziness but there nontheless and I think he'd be better suited to a Harry Palmer type spy than 007.

As for Nolan...

I think he's a wonderful Director, but as time passes his films are becoming more and more bloated (which seems to happen to every director over time) so I don't know. He did say the snowbound bits in Inception was his homage to Bond, and frankly I found that part of the film strangeley dull.

Much as I'd love the next Bond to be Fassbender, his star is rising way too fast for that, and so I'll go with the next 007 being some bloke we've never heard of.

12. Captaindemotion

^ Different strokes/ different folks. I thought that the snowbound scene in Inception was a fantastic OMHSS homage. And IIRC he said that he wanted Batman Begins to be a bit like a Bond movie, with its globe-trotting, epic scope. Appropriate that he should use Ras Al Ghul as the villain, given that Denny O'Neill created him as a response to the villains of the Bond movies of the 1960s and 1970s.

I don't really agree with you about Hardy's sleaziness. Sure, he had a bit of that in Inception but I think he's a total chameleon; compare his character in Inception with that in Bronson. And he's recently essayed a spy twice - in This Means War and Tinker, Tailor... Having said that, I don't think he will be the next 007; I agree, it's likely to be someone we've never heard of or, if we have heard of him, won't have envisaged him as Bond.

13. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

The trouble, for me, with that section of the film was that every fucker was wearing white so at times I didn't have a clue who was who! :lol:

I probably just haven't seen him in enough stuff, but even when I've thought he was great (which a good proportion of time I have, hell I've even forgiven him for Nemesis) he's never leapt off the screen as a potential Bond the way Fassbender has.

Personally I think he'd make a great 006 style villain though.

14. nvek86

nvek86 Commander Red Shirt

15. Samurai8472

I've been rolling out the Batman Begins comparisons for awhile

Bond- What have I done "m"? The house my family built...

M- why do we fall bond? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up

16. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I seem to recall reading somewhere Nolan was a big Bond fan, and there were a number of scenes in 'Inception' I thought seemed very Bond-like. I'd love to see him make a Bond film.

17. Captaindemotion

18. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

Harris looks like she'll be very comfortable with the action scenes, and I like that she says Eve imagines she's Bond's equal...she isn't, but she imagines it :lol:

Still not convinced about the French bird mind you ;)

19. Captaindemotion

20. Rush Limborg

Hmm...Bernice's vid seems to imply that Severine will be a femme fatale--something we haven't really seen in a Bond girl since Miranda Frost. (Vesper doesn't count, as she was more tragic, manipulated....) And even she was supposed to be a "shock", so...

Looks like they really are going retro, with her. (Severine: a tough of the classic. Eve: a thouch of the modern.) Really looking forward to seeing her on the screen! :techman: