Stargate Continuum - Grading and Discussion

Discussion in 'Stargate' started by Borg451, Jul 3, 2008.

?

What did you think?

1. 1 - V. Poor shouldnt have made this movie.

2.3%
  2. 2 - Pretty Poor

4.1%
  3. 3 - Meh.. okay. definitely worth a download..

22.2%
  4. 4 - V. Good.

60.8%
  5. 5 - Best Stargate ever.

10.5%
  1. jbny67

jbny67 Captain Captain

I liked it. Not the best thing the Stargate team ever produced but I found it highly entertaining. In the end that's all that really matters from a movie or tv show. Isn't it?
    I stopped trying to nitpick any show or movie a long time ago. All that does is lessen the enjoyability of anything I watch. Sure there were things that could have been done better and things that don't work in science as we know it but, who gives a shit. Like I said, it was entertaining and didn't leave me groaning or disgusted.

I would have loved to have seen Don Davis given a bit more to do but, who knew when they were making this that it would be his Stargate swan song.

Here's hoping that there are more SG1 movies coming in the future.

2. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It was pretty good. All the fuss made about RDA in this movie I thought he would play a bigger role. I really liked the purple wormhole travel when the timeline was changing, it looked really cool.

The Tok'ra's city was pretty huge. From late SG1 I was under the impression that there weren't many of them left. Weird that there were no reps from the Free Jaffa at the de-snaking of Baal. The only person I can think of who would have been good would be Bratac...can't think of any senior Jaffa still alive.

The only thing it was missing was an Asgard name drop.

3. doubleohfive

doubleohfive Fleet Admiral

Is there a reason you didn't just notify the mods instead of pissing more vitriol on this thread?

4. Mr J

Mr J Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Exactly, there is plenty of dramatic potential in a situation like this. What if your dead wife was still alive in the new timeline but your friend's wife was dead instead? What if that baby you lost was still alive in the new timeline but Australia was at war with American and millions were dying everyday elsewhere? These are just random examples but its obvious there is plenty of dramatic potential in the 'what if the alternate timeline was actually better?' setup.

5. OmahaStar

OmahaStar Disrespectful of his betters Admiral

Lady, what is your obsession with me? Seriously, stop trolling me.

6. doubleohfive

:lol:

I fail to see how asking you a legitimate question (which you have yet to answer) constitutes trolling.

7. Neroon

Neroon Mod of Balance Moderator

The two of you need to take your tete-a-tete offline.

The thread is allowed because of the aforementioned legal means at obtaining the movie on DVD. Obviously, there are going to be illegal means, discussion of which is not permitted. So far it doesn't appear that has been violated. Discussion is concentrated upon the movie itself, and the title pretty clearly indicates spoiler material is inside. Ergo, there' nothing else to be done.

So back to the Continuum......
    (one of these days someone needs to make a neat little stargate animated emote .....)

8. doubleohfive

Well, like Jack would say: "Oh for crying out loud..."

I saw it.

Some things were cool. Other stuff, not so much. More convenient circular time travel-y fun. Will post a more detailed review later.

9. Brent

Brent Admiral Admiral

I voted #4, Very Good

I really enjoyed this episode, ok, big reset, still, it was a fun romp. It was great to see everyone back together. I did feel though that the resolution was a bit anticlamtic. Also, we've never seen time ripple slowly in the SG universe, it has always been sudden, so this goes against what we've seen before in the series. The first person to dissapear should have been Mitchell at the very least. The whole slowly dissapearing thing didn't make sense compared to what we've seen in the series.

Anyways, I REALLY liked the design of that Tok'ra city!!!! THAT IMO is what Atlantis should have looked like! All the translucent buildings, glowing brightly, Atlantis should have looked like that.

10. crouteru

crouteru Captain Captain

I thought it was very good. I haven't been this happy with Stargate since season 8 of SG-1. It really felt like a story from the stronger years of the series. I also enjoyed seeing some of the old characters, system lords, etc.

One minor gripe I had. It seemed to me that Ba'al allowed Teal'c to establish a free Jaffa nation in the alternate timeline, so that SG-1 couldn't play the 'free Jaffa nation' card when trying to enlist his help, yet they still do that and it works! Not sure what's going on there.

Anyway, a great tv movie for the fans, better than The Ark Of Truth. I just hope there's more SG-1 on the horizon...

11. TerriO

TerriO Writer-type human Premium Member

What brings it down for me is the complete ignoring of the episode "Dominion."

I can understand retcon, but forgetting it ever existed? Doesn't quite work for me.

12. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

You mean the death of the Ba'al clones? Mitchell said he was worried that there could be more of them still alive.

13. TerriO

No, I mean the death of the Ba'al symbiote. I admit, it's been a while since I've seen that episode, but IIRC, the clones didn't have the symbiote, just the original. And in "Dominion," that symbiote ended up in Adria. So the Ba'al symbiote was already dead.

14. Locutus of Bored

Didn't Ba'al kill all of the clones with the symbiote poison? That would suggest that they did have them.

15. TerriO

I'm going to go back and re-watch that episode.

16. Locutus of Bored

It helps that I just got done watching the entire series for the first time a couple months ago when I got the DVDs. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have remembered that either. ;)

17. Rowan Sjet

Rowan Sjet Commodore Commodore

Well since Ba'al was killed before he could grant Teal'c a free Jaffa nation, Teal'c had to get his nation somewhere.

18. angie

angie Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I think it needed to either be longer or shorten some of the battle scenes(don't shoot me!) in favor of more dialogue.

19. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

less snow. the battles were fine.

Though what about the time jumper and zpm Alternate SG1 buried in Egypt a couple seasons back?

20. AJBryant

AJBryant Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

If they had never developed the SG Program, they wouldn't have gone back in time to plant the things.

In this alternate timeline, there was no ZPM in Egypt.

Tony