Marvel All New, All Different - Ongoing Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Admiral_Young, May 30, 2010.

1. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

2. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

Whaaa.....? Steve Rogers is back to normal just in time for the movie....? I am shocked, utterly shocked! :ouch:

3. kirk55555

kirk55555 Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, to be fair, I really like jessica Drew as a character. I liked what Bendis did to with her, including putting her on the Avengers. I definitely don't want her to go away. I just don't like the current writer, and the pregnancy story is really, really stupid. I read issue #1 and won't be coming back. If Bendis or another writer ever gets her back, I'll be excited to read a book with her. Just as long as its not the current writer.

4. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Next thing will probably be Thor being Thor again. :p

5. kirk55555

That's great. Sam Wilson is ok, but I've wanted Steve back since Marvel gave his book to the horrible Rick Remender, who then did the stupid Dimension X stuff and eventually aged Steve. It looks like Steve and Sam will be sharing the title, which is fine, although Steve should really be using his actual shield, and Sam the other one.

God, I hope so. Jane Thorster can't be depowered/destroyed soon enough. But, I think we'll have to wait until Thor: Ragnarok comes out for that, or at least until Aaron just goes away.

6. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

<<Next thing will probably be Thor being Thor again. :p>>
    Not until Thor Ragnarok comes out!

7. Kira's Mom

Kira's Mom Fleet Admiral Admiral

Howling Commandos.

8. Guy Gardener

Guy Gardener Fleet Admiral Admiral

M.A.C.O. and Steven Colbert are the two bookends spoiling me about the comings and goings of Steve Rogers' wrinkles.

9. Nerys Myk

Nerys Myk A Spock and a smile Premium Member

That is one ugly costume.

10. kirk55555

:lol: Yeah, its pretty bad. They should just go back to his classic one, and stop trying to take a movie like design but make it goofier.

11. TemporalFlux

TemporalFlux Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

And if you've ever been to the Capitol, then you know they're all running toward the Supreme Court! Ruth is gonna get it now!

12. M.A.C.O.

M.A.C.O. Commodore Commodore

I just noticed that Bucky is in the background. Gang's all there then. Haha

13. Guy Gardener

Nope.

We need Ian/Nomad for a full boat.

14. Turtletrekker

Turtletrekker Admiral Admiral

Whatever happened to former Cap/US Agent John Walker? The last I saw him, he just lost an arm and a leg fighting with Hank Pym's Mighty Avengers during the Siege event.

15. Guy Gardener

Missing an arm and a leg, he was the warden at a (New York?) jail that the Thunderbolts where using as their head quarters. Eventually John was dragged into one of their crosstime adventure and either super science or magic gave him his limbs back.

That was back when they were using the Manthing as a teleporter which was at least 3 years back.

16. Icemizer

Icemizer Commodore Commodore

Poor Cap not only a horrible costume design but a useless shield to carry as well. Give the real Cap back his original outfit and let Captain Falcon take a new design. I guess I am just getting old.

17. Saga

Saga Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

i don't mind the new shield...i just wish it looked more like his original badge shield. the new costume...well, i guess they gotta sell toys.

18. Guy Gardener

Vance Astrovic has the original shield (cira 3016) and is co-starring in a cross time adventure in Guardians of forever where he is visiting 1016.

The Captain America of 2099 is hanging out in Spider-Man 2099 in the present, but I'm fairly sure that if she had Captain America's Shield in 2099, she didn't bring it with her to the past.

:)

I'm really enjoying Worst X-man Ever.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  19. Savage Dragon

Savage Dragon Not really all that savage Moderator

I decided to give Totally Awesome Hulk a try and read the first two issues. Not bad. I might continue to pick it up. I'm also enjoying the new take on Peter Parker more than I thought I would.

20. kirk55555

Totally Awesome Hulk is pretty fun. I like Greg Pak, and I like Amadeus Cho (who Pak wrote very well in the excellent Incredible Hercules series), so this series is pretty fun. A lot of the new Marvel books are good. I'm liking the two Inhumans books (Uncanny and All New) a lot, although I'm a sucker for the Inhumans anyway. There are too many good books to mention from Marvel really, but I'll mention one more with Invincible Iron Man. Its easily the best Iron Man book since the original Civil War event ended.