*Spock/Zachary Quinto Appreciation Zone*

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by Cassy4, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Temis the Vorta

Temis the Vorta Fleet Admiral Admiral

S'funny how Quinto's voice sounds so much more resonant than everyone else's around him, except when he's in the same scene as Nimoy, when he sounds like a chipmunk. But I guess that standard is too high. At least he doesn't sound like Pine, who is downright squeaky. :D

2. Yeoman Randi

Yeoman Randi Vice Admiral Admiral

I vote for this one!

3. Tribbles

Tribbles Commander Red Shirt

^ I like that one best out of the two also, GhostFaceSaint.

You could always crop this one, though:

[​IMG]

:D I just found this when looking through screencaps. Just look at that expression! I think this is after Pike told Spock to act as captain in his absence. Spock is not amused, but I definitely am! :lol:

4. GhostFaceSaint

GhostFaceSaint Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

On the north pole in GhostFaceSaint's workshop.
    Nah, those are the early shot when the script called for Spock to have gone through the reverse Kolinar discipline, where he shows traits like, a sense of humor, irritability, and whistling at the ladies.
    :guffaw:

5. DevilEyes

DevilEyes Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It could be worse. Imagine if he somehow found himself in a scene with Nimoy, George Takei, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, Marc Alaimo and Tony Todd having a contest in reciting famous Shakespearean speeches. :)

6. Etched

Etched Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Looks like ZQ might have a new movie lined up:

Source: Empire Online & original article at The Hollywood Reporter

7. diftorhehsmusma

diftorhehsmusma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

No, he could not. He's so much better-looking than Hoffman ever was. Also, and I know this is blasphemous, but I have long thought The Graduate to be a terribly overrated film.

8. Etched

Very true, he's also about a foot taller. :lol: But I can kind of see what they meant. The thing is Hollywood seems to have a new favourite leading man every other month (does anyone want to take bets on Sam Worthington still making blockbusters in 20 years time?) but, on the whole, its those actors who are prepared to take on the more character based roles who stick around long term. As career paths go something similar to Hoffman's would not be a bad thing at all. And I think most actors would be flattered for such a comparison to be made.

For the record I think taking on a role such as this would be a smart move, he needs to do something that is completely atypical to the public perception of him. He's a very good actor and if he can avoid typecasting and land interesting roles then I think he can become an even better one.

9. diftorhehsmusma

diftorhehsmusma Lieutenant Commander Red Shirt

I agree with everything you said, Etched. Branching out is always a good idea. I was just saying the first thing that came to my mind. I have never understood why The Graduate is supposed to be such a great film. I hope Quinto's forays into the less-than-mainstream are a bit more entertaining.

10. Yeoman Randi

Just found this online. Don't know if it's been posted already:

[​IMG]

11. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

that's a good one

12. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

So...anybody doing a countdown on how much longer we have to wait till the Precious...er, the DVD is out????

13. Tribbles

Oh snap! Family drama (why does everyone have to be ill at once? One at a time, people) has distracted me to the point that I forgot the DVD comes out tomorrow! Yay, a little beam of sunshine :D

Love the avatar CD, you lovely lady you!

14. Tribbles

Now that the DVD is out, any fun new pictures of Spock/ZQ? I am picking up my copy tomorrow. I'm kind of blue and need some ZQ to perk me back up :)

15. KirkSpockTOSFan

KirkSpockTOSFan Captain Captain

I just bought the movie on Tuesday and have already watched it 4 times! I have the movie on my iphone as well. I tell you I smile about everytime he comes on screen of the movie in the first scene he appears! It also reminds me when I ment him at the convetion. I also smile everytime I see a picture of him. He just makes my day!

16. NileQT87

NileQT87 Commander Red Shirt

17. Yeoman Randi

You met him at convention? How fabulous was that!!!?!?!?

18. startrekrcks

startrekrcks Fleet Captain

What was he like Zachary Quinto was he nice?

19. Crusher Disciple

Crusher Disciple Admiral Admiral

Oh, I'm such an idiot. I didn't even think about loading it onto my iPhone. :alienblush::guffaw:

20. Etched