Knight Rider 2008 Series SPOILERS

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by God Magnus, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Ghel

Ghel Captain Captain

If the first episode is any indication, the series will be a great improvement over the pilot movie. Quicker pacing, a more capable car, and the actual "stunts" seem to have returned.

It's candy TV, but I'll be tuning in.

2. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

:cardie: Holy cow! I just watched a bit of the start and :wtf:

THAT TURBO BOOST WAS FREAKING DUMB

Is this Knight Rider or the freaking Matrix: Revolutions meets The Fast and the Furious?? What's with the stupid blue light underneath the car with the Matrix like "Superman" effect?

:wtf::wtf::wtf:

3. Mike Farley

Mike Farley Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Okay, Zoe and Billy need to go far far away where their unfunniness will not anger the gods.

4. zephramc

zephramc Commodore Commodore

Watched the first episode. I liked it and will be sticking around.

5. Brikar99

Brikar99 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I thought it was kind of uneven. Parts of it were cool and parts of it were cheesy or lame as hell. It was also severely over-edited, though the driving bits looked far less commercial-like than in the pilot movie.

The whole thing has a sort of cheap feel to it, though. Still, I can't deny that I was sucked into it a bit. I'll stick around a couple more episodes and see how it goes.

6. zephramc

The turbo boost was okay with me. As far as the blue ricer lights under the car. I never understood that either. I guess it's the kewl factor, but in my book, it's not cool at all. I'm tired of seeing it on all the Honda Civics with big wings and body kits. I'd rather not see it on a multi-million dollar supercar. You don't see that shit on exotics like the Bugatti Veyron or Ferrari Enzo. KITT is supposedly the most exotic car on the planet.

7. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Yeah I got that impression too. For all the expensive CGI effects, it still looked like some cheap syndicated show out of the 90s (and it was written that way too).

They also really need to work on the stunts and car chases, and making them more comprehensible. Unlike the original show, you can never really tell what the geography is, or where they're heading to. It's just a bunch of random shots mixed together that don't flow together at all.

One minute they're on a mountain highway, the next they're on a city street, and the next they're driving towards a big warehouse somewhere. Say huh?

8. captcalhoun

captcalhoun Admiral Admiral

goddamn US only content!

9. John Picard

John Picard Vice Admiral Admiral

Then it is like the original. Go to YouTube and look up the Kitt vs Goliath scene, where Garth is chasing Michael. Desert, city street, desert -- ??? Better yet, when Garth is broken out of prison. The truck is shown on a desert highway when the guards notice it and BLAMMO, it's a city street. :wtf:

10. payndz201

payndz201 Commodore Commodore

Super Pursuit Mode KITT had ricer lights in the wheelarches (they were red).

But then, that was Super Pursuit Mode KITT, and there are probably many things about that model which are most wisely forgotten.

Attack Mode nu-KITT, by the way, is one of the most godawful vehicles I've ever seen. It's like some mutant ricer/dragrace version of Homer Simpson's dream car: every ridiculous mod you can think of crammed onto one vehicle, usually in twos or threes. That poor Mustang! :(

11. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

There are a lot of individual elements I really l like on it --the big silver rims, the bars over the headlights, the SPM-style air scoops that pop out of the sides-- unfortunately there's just too much of that stuff happening at once.

I have to say though, the regular version of the new KITT has really grown on me. It's still not as cool a design as the original, but it does work a lot better than I ever thought it would.

12. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

Maybe in future episodes they can have Tom Skerritt, Michael Ironside, Rick Rossovich and Anthony Edwards voice vehicle AIs. :)

13. Rat Boy

Rat Boy Vice Admiral Admiral

I for one liked the first episode. It blended the same over-the-top 80s sensibilities of the original with a lot of modern television elements (some contrived, some not). I for one am going to start saving every dime I have in case Ford releases a KITT Mustang so I can trade in my Mustang for a new one.

14. Captain Craig

Captain Craig Vice Admiral Admiral

I watched the first episode yesterday on the 'net linked off of AICN. I must say I found the episode quite enjoyable despite the illogical means they attempted to put out the fire on KITT.

I'm just going to get this out of the way.
    DEANNA RUSSO was quite f-i-n-e FINE looking in the episode.
    They adequately made use of her physique in this first episode.

The only thing I didn't like was the complete theft from Transformers. By episodes end I fully expected KITT to become a bipedal walking robot. It will not stop me from giving the next 5 episodes a chance(I watch 6 episodes of any new show to allow it time to evolve) before I decide if Knight Rider 2008 is going on my regular viewing schedule.

15. zephramc

You're right. I'd forgotten about the red lights on SPM KITT. In regard to your comments on attack mode KITT, I agree. There are tons of aftermarket body kits (no pun intended) that would have looked alot better.

One little nitpick about the first episode. When all the air was sucked out of the chamber to extinguish the napalm whatever, how did KITT manage to keep his (it's) engine running? I recall from the pilot movie, KITT runs on gasoline. Gasoline requires oxygen for combustion. Just a geeky nitpick.

16. PKerr

PKerr Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Well I never watched the original and had no intention of watching this one sooo....
    That said watching That preview I predict a huge fail.

17. Brikar99

Of all the absurdity in that episode, you picked that "one little nitpick"??? :lol:

18. zephramc

^^^ Hey cut me some slack. At least I said it was geeky. :)

19. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

and that must NEVER happen

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  20. Brikar99

Haha, true enough! :techman: