Mad Max:Fury Road Trailer

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gil T.Azell, Jul 29, 2014.

1. Gil T.Azell

Gil T.Azell Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Ok I couldn't find a thread in the search I did so here you go
    Mad Max:Fury Road Trailer
    [yt]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akX3Is3qBpw[/yt]

2. TV's Frank

TV's Frank Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Very awesome, I am greatly looking forward to this movie, as a big fan of the first three installments.

3. wulfio

wulfio Captain Captain

looks good. I hope to hear some more dialogue in the next trailer. I'm not too keen on a 90 minute car chase.

4. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Wow, awesome trailer. Although I have to confess I still haven't seen the originals all the way through. I tried watching the first movie again recently, and it was just so bizarre and odd and cheesy I had to give up after an hour.

Hopefully this new movie will be more comprehensible, and won't take so long to get to the cool desert action.

5. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

The first movie isn't all that great, IMHO. The second one is the real classic of the series. I don't think the original got a release in the US, so the second one was released as The Road Warrior, rather than Mad Max 2, so as not to put off people who hadn't seen the original. Really, 1 & 2 don't have a massive amount in common.

This one looks like TRW with a bigger budget and better technology. Someone other than Mad Mel playing Max will take some getting used to but Hardy should be good in the role.

6. Locutus of Bored

Locutus of Bored Yo, Dawg! I Heard You Like Avatars... In Memoriam

This just looks like George Miller reshooting The Road Warrior while constantly shouting...

[​IMG]

I thought it was going to be a completely new story, not a rehash of TRW with a George Lucasian midlife crisis CGI update.

7. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

I'm slightly worried that they wreck the Last of the V8 Interceptors about 10 seconds into the trailer!

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  8. davejames

davejames Vice Admiral Admiral

Ah ok, glad to know it's not just me. I'll go ahead and skip to the second movie then.

9. Stoo

Stoo Commodore Commodore

1 is very low budget and doesn't have the post-apocalyptic setting of later installments. It's more like, immediately before the breakdown of civillisation.

2 containts all the elements we commonly associate with Mad Max - roaming the desert, gangs of raiders in customised vehicles, and assless leather chaps.

3 has Tina Turner, thunderdome, Bartertown, and some plot about finding a home for a tribe of wild children. It wasn't originally conceived as a Mad Max film, which might explain why it's lighter on the car chases.

Basically if you have limited time, just watch 2.

10. Marsden

Marsden Commodore Commodore

Am I the only one that is reading that as Furry Road?

That is scary!

11. Garak

Garak Cruisin' Premium Member

Pretty light on dialogue but very heavy on pure awesomeness. Definitely has my interest.

12. Flying Spaghetti Monster

Flying Spaghetti Monster Vice Admiral Admiral

13. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

IIRC, there is no CGI in the new film.

14. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I'm pretty sure all of the stuff with the Haboob (dust storm) is CGI. I find it hard to believe that they actually found a Haboob that big, and started blowing up cars in it and what not. It definitely looked CGI to me.

I really enjoyed the first two. I haven't watched Thunderdome yet, but it's the second thing coming up on my Netflix Queue so I'll probably watch it next week.
    This one looks great, it looks like he took the best parts of the second one and cranked it up to 11. Honestly, as of now this is probably one of my most anticipated movies for next year.

I don't mean to be petty, but did I do something wrong in the general pre-release thread that I started for this the other day? I was just wondering why this one took off, but nobody posted in mine.

15. Set Harth

Set Harth Vice Admiral Admiral

Well, I had no idea a trailer was coming out so soon, so I started a thread about screencaps. :ouch:

16. Mr Light

Mr Light Admiral Admiral

when I was a kid, Thunderdome was one of my all time favorite movies. I hadn't even seen the first two but I watched that one over and over.

17. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

I found a new description on the WB website the other day.

18. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

Any other actors (besides Hugh Keays-Byrne) returning from the original?

19. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

He's the only one I've heard about.
    I'm still not entirely clear on how this fits into the series. Everybody keeps referring to it as a reboot, but I read somewhere online that it's a midquel set between Mad Max and The Road Warrior. So is it possibly going to be kind of a soft reboot that can fit between the first two, but doesn't make any direct references to the first one? Or will it be a complete reboot?

20. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The look is completely Road Warrior, right down to the mohawked crazy and the poor gagged guys strapped to the front of the cars (what's Miller's fetish with that???). Even "Weird Science" borrowed that trademark meme for its fantasy sequence.

It's really hard to believe the sales pitch that it's something in between the two films (unless there's a line edited from TRW in which Max says "Crikey; not this exact same s**t AGAIN!").