What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Playing a lot of Last of Us online and despite some annoying things, am having a good time. Been a long time since I stuck with a online shooter after 10 minutes of trying it. ;)

2. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

I never have tried the online component of The Last of Us....but it also sounds like at least it's not a tacked on feature (since the mentality seems to be "every game, no matter what, must have some kind of multiplayer element".) :)

3. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

The slower pace of the game does help a lot, COD feels like you need to be on crack to play it most of time :p Team play is not an option in this game, you go solo you WILL DIE :klingon:

4. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Played Lococycle on PC, a fun and silly (ridiculous?) four-hour ride, worth the $2 I paid for it. What I really liked is that it felt like an arcade game experience which is an elusive quality I miss occasionally. Lococycle has some of that Daytona USA, Virtual On, etc. kind of feel. I think the initial $20 price tag and new X-Box One owners with high expectations may have soured people on this one and left them wanting more.

5. martok2112

Still crankin out on Destiny (PS4). I was amazed at the time some people have to play this game. I mean, in the first two days it was out, I thought I put some quality time into it, and reached level 11....but some folks were already up to lvl 20....maybe they did some Crucible and Free For All sessions.....or they just had a lot of time on their hands....and a lot of Mountain Dew or Red Bull. :)

6. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

You should see people rushing to world-first level caps when the MMO expansions release.

It's all part of the MMO charm (or horror, for some people) - there's always a person able to devote more time than you.

(And if there's not, because you're a student or unemployed, than there's always someone ahead in the theorycrafting game who is playing more effectively than you are.)

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Been replaying Dragon Age 2 in anticipation of DAI's release in a few months. Though I've gone through the whole game several times in the past, there are certain things that I've never done or never even realise was possible. For instance, thanks to the fact that I'm playing as with an aggressive personality, I was able to end act 2 with Sister Petrice surviving. The possibility never even occurred to me before. The Arishok also lived, but I had to betray Isabela to do it. ;)

8. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

It is super replayable and has definitely grown on me over the years.

9. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, it's weird because I know that DAO is overall a superior game but I just enjoy replaying DA2 even more. I actually had a go at DAO last week and honestly felt like a slog. I got to Orzammar straight after Lothering since I was playign as a Dwarf noble and quickly got bored. For some reason I expected more variety, but aside from the odd line of dialogue it makes no real difference.

Not sure if it's the combat mechanics or that DAO takes a long time to get going, but something about it just drags.

10. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I think in terms of replayability, the finale in DA:O is where that game shines (i.e. the post-Blight throneroom stuff). The origin stories are okay, but not meaty enough to keep you motivated for several playthroughs all the way to the end.

Although it does have some smaller things that never occured to me until I played through the whole game several times over, especially things that occur when you're changing up the sequence of main quests and/or the party composition.

But overall I have to agree, DA2 does more to make new playthroughs interesting (beyond different class-based gameplay aspects).

11. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I started Thomas Was Alone yesterday and finished it earlier today. Definitely a fun game.

12. think

think About it! Premium Member

help me out .. here??

playing warframe free firstperson killing aliens sorta better then what I see in halo my game computer thing machine from 2007-8 can't really do the quick graphic renders (4 64bit processors) I cut out the second monitor to free up some graphic memory... might have to cut back on the quality of renders so I will not freeze in a high action render... :)

what is the scoop on this game... they truly hate perfect world stuff. Which I can sorta see why...

anyone doing the https://warframe.com/ sects.. any chat on our side of the net? I just found this but never had heard of it... mmm guess I can search the thread.. :)

13. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

The first Fire Emblem on the GBA and Zelda: Oracle of Seasons on the 3DS.

14. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

How well does it play on the 3DS? I'm considering picking it and Oracle of Ages during the eshop sale this week, even though I don't anticipate playing them in the near future.

15. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It plays fine. I do prefer playing Game Boy games on the GBA SP (best handheld design ever), but the 3DS is a fine alternative. For $3.99 each you can't go wrong.

16. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor beta and a bit of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PC).

17. martok2112

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning is pretty fun. I love open world games. :)

18. BillJ

BillJ The King of Kings Premium Member

Wolfenstein: The New Order - PS4

19. Mr. Adventure

Mr. Adventure Fleet Admiral Admiral

Played through Sleeping Dogs but I was kind of playing on auto-pilot. It works well in the sense that there's a lot of busywork in the game, there's a lot going on and a lot of distractions and stuff but I couldn't shake the feeling after a while that it was all a bit perfunctory. Seemed illustrated to me by the completely silent plain text credits at the end. At least the final boss wasn't just a QTE sequence like so many games.

Still I did like the Hong Kong setting which was fun though a lot of it seemed a bit stereotypical though I don't think with any bad intentions. It starts you off walking through a back street marketplace which is a good beginning and establishes the setting nicely. There's lots of shooting, driving, and fighting but it all feels just a little less exciting than it should but there's so much of it that the time goes by pretty quickly as you click away. My favorite part was the chase sequences where you would shoot the cars and motorcycles coming after you, those were really exciting and fun. The karaoke not so much.

An OK way to pass some time (and there's a lot to do) but I just couldn't shake the feeling of it missing something "more".

ETA: Actually the soundtrack is pretty decent with some atypical stuff on there. That definitely makes the driving sequences more enjoyable, even turned the radio volume up in the options after a while.

20. Amaris

Amaris Guest

I just started on Need for Speed: Underground 2 for the PS2. It is just as much fun as I remember, and I'm apparently a far, far more atrocious driver than I remember. :lol: