(UEFA) Football Thread - Football not Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports and Fitness' started by Jax, Apr 1, 2008.

1. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

^^ He is, but he looked out of sorts on Sunday. By contrast, Villa looked good when he came on, and he certainly gave the defenders a hard time. Very unfortunate with the goal, and a bit fortunate with the equaliser, but the thing with Tito is that he just gets stuck in. He made some decent runs and to be honest, looked our most threatening striker.

Teale, I've no idea. Barazite looked far more effective in the second half. To be fair, I heard a lot of people bemoaning Teale's performance, and granted it wasn't particularly good, but at the very least it was better than we're used to from him. Marginally. As stated though, Barazite was far better when he replaced him, and WTF isn't Sterjovski featuring? Not even on the bench. Is he injured?

Mark, I'd be a little concerned if I were you. Possibly our worst performance of the season, yet we still scored three legitimate goals, and but for a truly woeful referee, we'd have won the game ;) Earnie looked very poor for you. Lost count of the number of times where he was either clean through or one-on-one with the last defender. He managed to fluff every chance he got. Looks like he may be in the same kind of form for you as he was for us last year.

2. HappyDayRiot

HappyDayRiot Commodore Commodore

That could be a description of basically any game Earnshaw has played in over the last 3 years. He's awful. Has he even scored for Forest yet?

3. Angel4576

^^ A couple of goals in the league and some more in the micky mouse cup I think.

In terms of the league, he's their top scorer with two. Explains why they're languishing near the basement.....

4. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

5 goals, 3 of those in the league cup, he has been injured for a while though.

I don't think he was a bad signing for them, he can and will score goals in the CCC, but they did seem to blow most of their budget on him at the expense of the rest of the team. I think we got the better end of the deal getting Commons for free to be honest!!

Earnie is a luxury player, you don't need that in a relegation struggle.

I wish we were scoring more goals to be honest. Tito works hard, but doesn't seem to have the killer instinct, he's only got 2 goals this season so far. Then again Ellington has 4 but three of those were in the cup and the same game! He is a class player though and I think he will score goals, just needs a bit of luck.

5. Angel4576

Problem with Tito, and Ellington, is that we have essentially three strikers vying for two spots. Hulse seems to be the one who'll get picked every game and then Duke and Tito rotate.

Personally, I think given a prolongued run in the side, Tito could be our best striker.

6. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

I think the trouble is that Tito is still adapting. Ideally I'd like another, much quicker, striker vying for a place as well.

7. Angel4576

^^ If it was me, tonight in the mickey mouse cup, I'd give Prijovic a run-out. Probably him and Tito.

8. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

would have been a good game for Dickinson if he wasn't on loan.

9. Angel4576

Yeah, 'Big Dick' would have served us well tonight perhaps.

Still, I'm glad that we're getting fringe players out on-loan. Saves on the wages, and keeps them match-fit and hopefully in-form.

10. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

How's Paul Anderson getting on? I think he's on loan at Forest.

11. Angel4576

Don't think he played against us on Sunday, think he's injured isn't he Mark?

12. Starkers

Starkers Admiral Admiral

What was I saying about Tito? :lol:

13. Angel4576

I'll just draw reference to my....

Absolutely delighted for the lad. Can't ever fault a player who shows guts and passion and Tito's got it in abundance. The way he celebrated his goal on Sunday showed that he understood the gravity of a local derby, and his celebration last night after bagging his hat-trick was pure class, ran across the running track to celebrate with the Derby fans.

Got to start him at the weekend now.

Wasn't long ago that we were bemoaning our 'out-of-form' strikers. Now;

Hulse - 5
    Villa - 5
    Ellington - 5

Even Green's got 4 from midfield, and Dickinson, on loan at Huddersfield, has 6.

14. Jax

Jax Admiral Admiral

Big game this weekend, we have MAN UTD away to ARSENAL and for me its a must win game for Arsenal if they want any chance of lifting the title this season but lets face it they don't have a chance until Arsenal buy for the now and instead of the future.

IMO Arsenal need to buy at the very minimum...

CB & CM

though decent cover for Left Back and a new striker wouldn't be so bad either.

15. HappyDayRiot

I have yet to see a single pundit, guest or expert give Arsenal a hope.

Therefore they will probably not lose, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to my afternoon wedged in the sofa watching that and the Wales rugby game though.

16. HRHTheKING

HRHTheKING Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

Arsenal won 2-1

Wenger needs to have a chat with Bendtner though, about passing to players in better shooting positions.

17. HappyDayRiot

Hell of a game.

18. Tomalak

Tomalak Vice Admiral Admiral

Hull-Bolton you mean? Yes, a masterclass from Jääskeläinen.

19. dragunzng

dragunzng Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Bizarrely Wenger thought Bendtner had a great game. Puzzled as I think he's been pretty poor the last couple of matches.

20. HappyDayRiot

^^ I'm sad the Hull bubble looks like bursting, but yes Jussi was incredible yesterday.

Man City v Spurs sounds like it was awesome as well. I'm counting down the minutes to MotD2 now. I want to see for myself that Boro won at Villa if nothing else.