Mass Effect 3

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by PsychoPere, Dec 10, 2010.

1. AlphaMan

AlphaMan Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Thwe ME3 ending was flawed and a bit of a let down, but it wasn't indescribably terrible as it's made out to be. Frankly, I was more sad that the series was over and I wouldn't be able to continue the story of Shepard than anything else.

With regards to Mass Effect DLC, I don't mind the $15 price tag so much because it's the type of single player DLC I want to see. As oppossed to the multiplayer maps and skins we usually get, I prefer single player DLC with high production values like MAss Effect and Bioware deliver.

Can't wait!!

2. Jeyl

Jeyl Commodore Commodore

Sigh. I never got any of ME3's DLC. It's a pity really that this DLC sounds like something I actually want to try. I love the Citadel, the potential to see unseen characters from previous games is intriguing, and more romance is something this gamer likes. Still, that last act just kills it.

3. JirinPanthosa

JirinPanthosa Admiral Admiral

I think the bigger disappointment with ME3 wasn't the ending, it was the fact your decisions in previous games had no impact on the plot.

But none of that is bad enough that it ruins anything about the series or the previous games. I see it as more of a missed opportunity to make the series even better.

Right now I'm in the middle of a second playthrough with a Femshep. I'm trying to make it a renegade game but in ME1 you have to be really evil to get any renegade points. Execute this enemy collaborator? +2 Renegade. Don't murder these innocent people for no reason? +20 Paragon.

This is meant as a playthrough of all three games over a long period of time since I didn't carry over data between games my first time through. Right now I'm toward the end of ME1. But believe me the council is going to die.

4. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ Before Mass Effect 3 came out, I'd let the council die almost every time I played (which is a lot of playthroughs) For some reason after playing Mass Effect 3, it seemed like the council being around was better. Maybe because they had been such blind, ignorant fools in the first two games, I wanted for them to have to see the price of their poor decisions.

Since I save them more often now, I just punish them by hanging up on them a lot in Mass Effect 1.

5. Hartzilla2007

Hartzilla2007 Vice Admiral Admiral

I usually save the council because in my first no save import of Mass Effect 2 where they die as default very few if any of the various aliens were happy about the new status quo at least in the save the council version any resentment towards humanity is cancelled out by saving the council's ass.

6. LeadHead

LeadHead Director of Comedy Premium Member

^ Not all resentment, there was still anti human sentiment. Angry about humans taking on a larger C-Sec role, Joram Talheed and you'll never win over the batarians.

7. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

And the Reckoning trailer is up.
    [yt]www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7nk13M1H4Y[/yt]

I'm assuming the male Turian isn't a new kit and is just there to show off the new female one. I mean we already have five (?) male Turians, no need to waste a kit on a sixth. It seems the Talon mercenary is a human and the armour looks to be (mostly) derived from Zaeed's. They even game it his colours; a nice touch. He also appears to be sporting the M7 Lancer, which is indeed a re-skinned Avenger. One hopes it packs a little more punch.

Not sure what the point of the Alliance Infiltration Unit is. I mean, unless the Geth are loading themselves into Alliance built mechs it can't be a fully independent AI, can it? I suppose it could be VI operated, but that doesn't seem right from a lore perspective. If security mechs are any measure, those things aren't terribly bright. I'm going to make a guess and predict that it'll be sporting Cloak, Energy Matrix and either Overload or Sabotage.

The blue-eyed collector looks interesting. It could just be a new enemy, but I'm wondering if it could possibly be a Leviathan dominated unit? If so I wonder what it's power set might be? Deployable seeker swarm? An ability to regenerate health? Grenades of some type? ...Dominate?

8. Hartzilla2007

Yeah but if you save the council it's not as bad and they aren't apparently on the verge of a species was or something. Plus the Turians get more chummy with humanity if you save the council

Meh, screw that guy he's an asshole.

Well the Batarians probably aren't well though of in general by anyone either.

9. Angel4576

Angel4576 Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It is. Some of the BW devs confirmed it in the demo stream earlier. It's a Leviathan-controlled Collector Captain.

10. Herkimer Jitty

Herkimer Jitty Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

In Multiplayer, the lore goes right out the window, achieves escape velocity, and is burnt to a crisp in the Sun's corona.

11. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Yeah, I read the description and it says they're using actual "quantum blue box" AIs released under special council dispensation. Either way they're not going to be as powerful as EDI as she never exists entierly in the synthetic body, which is itself more or less a remotely operated platform.

I don't have a problem with it per se, but it would be nice if it was in some way addressed in the SP narrative somewhere. Even if it's just a news bulletin. Same goes for the return of the Collectors. I mean did we not wipe them out? Were there other ships out there in the galaxy when we hit their base? How many did they even have? We know two were destroyed around the same time, so there must have at least been a third. Plus of course according the the Awakened Collector description they're mostly dead now because of the Leviathans...so how are they still an enemy? Not sure I like the idea of them as independently thinking awakened protheans though. I mean what kind of mind of it's own could a creature like they still have? It's the product of centuries of genetic and cyber-engineering plus 50,000 years of cloned generations. They should just be puppets of Leviathan instead of Harbinger.

Anyway, I am having fun with the new infiltrator. The repair mode is a lifesaver! The Geth Jugg is fun too. I mean how can you not like being able to get point blank with an Atlas and rip it apart? ;)

Not really liking the Talon Merc, but they may be because I didn't spec it right. Still waiting to unlock the female Turian and the new Krogan, which were the two I was mostly interested in. Typical.

12. Hartzilla2007

Hey does anyone know how compatible the Mass Effect trilogy is with the DLC content for Mass Effect 2 and 3?

13. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

My understanding is that they're the exact same discs as the original retail releases (which is why the PS3 version has the DLC that shipped with that version of the game, while the PC and 360 versions don't). So they should be completely compatible.

14. Hartzilla2007

Oh, good.

15. Angel4576

Citadel Trailer

"Good evening ladies and gentlemen, tonight’s performance is brought to you by Random Acts of Violence!" :lol:

Looking good. Definite purchase tomorrow.

16. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Is anyone else getting a 'Dark Knight' meet 'Die Hard' vibe, or is it just me? While it does look like a lot of fun I can't say the plot looks terribly promising, especially since it looks like it has little if anything to do with the main narrative. Still, the photo is a nice touch.

17. Angel4576

Yep definitely get that vibe too.

Looks to be a lot of fan service with this one with a bare bones plot wrapped around it all.

18. Reverend

Reverend Admiral Admiral

Well to be fair, if there was ever a time for fan service, the last ever story of Shepard's saga would be it. ;)

Random observations:

• Is that the old docking bay from ME1 making a comeback?

• Why is Anderson telling Shep about the new apartment? He's still stuck on Earth no? Perhaps they just needed some excuse to get him in there somewhere.

• Was that 'Fleet and Flotilla' Tali and Shep were watching?

• Wouldn't it have made more sense for Parasini or al-Jilani to be delivering this news?

• Who is that hooded Salarian hanging around with the crew? Not Mordin obviously. Similarly that Drell can't be Thane, so is it Kolyat or Feron? I'm betting the former.

• LOL. Grunt in a drunken Krogan party on the Presidium!

• Garrus can dance!? Good. Shepards needs the lessons. BADLY! ;)

• Looks like maleSheps who romanced Jack get a version of her omega-skull tattoo on his shoulder. I wonder if we'll get to see her new N7 one on her arse. :p

• Yikes. Collateral damage much?!

• Everyone shoot all the things!!!

• Kasumi is camera shy as ever. It's a miracle she didn't just cloak.

• The new MP DLC guns* are all featured in the trailer. I think it's safe to assume we'll be picking them up over the course of the missions just like Leviathan and Omega.

* I'm not 100% sure about the Lancer as they could just be Avengers, but it's probably a safe bet.

19. ATimson

ATimson Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm looking forward to this. Fan service is the best kind of service!

According to his webpage, Sam Hulick did the music, which is good (he would have been my first choice). :)

20. Steven

Steven Admiral Admiral

Dunno for sure at this point, but that was my first thought too.

I'll be picking this up too, hopefully it's a good send-off.

It is too bad that (from all appearances) Mordin, Legion, and Thane won't show up, but hopefully they get a mention or two.