Resonance

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Owain Taggart, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

Has anyone played this? If you're a fan of adventure games, you should give this one a try. It's got a great feel to it and a lot of things going for it. You control multiple characters, much like Day of the Tentacle and has some great voice acting. But perhaps the most defining thing about it is its inventory system, which are divided into 3 types.

One for your items, one for short term memory, and another for long-term memory. Short-term memory works in a way that you can drag anything that has a hotspot into your short-term memory, and by dragging these memories to the different characters, you can ask them about these things, if they're important to the plot. The long-term memory is specific to each character, such as one character's memories about her parents and uncle and often provide clues that are often important further down the story, but in certain cases, you can even have conversations about these things with other characters. It's a rather interesting game.

2. Base_Delta_Zero

Base_Delta_Zero Commodore Commodore

Sounds very cool. I'll be on the look out for it. I loves me a good adventure game and the memory mechanics sound interesting.

3. Owain Taggart

Owain Taggart Vice Admiral Admiral

It's on Steam and GOG. I personally bought it as part of GOG's $5 for 10 sale. Forgot to mention that the puzzles are all very logical. I dislike it when puzzles are too abstract.

Here's a trailer:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM0NbDq10GA[/yt]

Also, here's a gameplay demo:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eXXkAfust4[/yt]

4. Jono

Jono Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Not a bad game. The main thing I remember is the big twist. I got to say I didn't see it coming. It also wasn't just a complete blindside as you see there were clues there to it.