What Didja Get For Christmas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Amaris, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Robert Maxwell

Robert Maxwell memelord Premium Member

Let's see if I can remember everything, since it's been kind of spread out over the last month or so. I apparently have a lot of wonderful people in my life who want to spoil me.

Several indie games on Steam; a Game of Thrones world map; a Game of Thrones throw pillow (Starks); an assortment of candied popcorn and other candies; this thing that's a griddle, grill, panini press, and waffle maker all in one; soap in the form of a Companion Cube (yes, this really exists); money in various forms; awesome books from a Secret Santa on another forum; a 5-way sound mixer also from that Secret Santa; a book about Scotland from the TrekBBS Secret Santa (thanks, Zion Ravescene!); a Stylophone also from the TBBS Secret Santa; a little Minecraft world made of LEGO that came with a hand-made creeper card, courtesy of someone here who can speak up if they so desire. :shifty:

This isn't even everything since I'm having Christmas with my mother's family in a couple days. I have also probably forgotten some stuff because I ended up with so much this year.

I'm thinking I will pool together the cash (or cash-like stuff, and no, there were no bitcoins) to buy a new video card and PSU for my desktop so I can play games in their full glory.

I am lucky to be surrounded by such great people.

2. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I have given people:

MLP figures
    MLP comics
    Star Wars Figures
    Star Wars Omnibus comics
    Clone Wars dvd's
    TinTin books
    Bottle of Miss Dior Cherie
    Board game, City of Horror
    Anti-war.com t-shirt
    Box of maltesers
    Peach butter from my peach butter making blitz
    Tin of Girlie Grey tea

Bought all the objects in November.

Have yet to receive anything, expecting a gift today via Kris Kringle. Did buy myself Fluttershy in vinyl though.

3. Kestra

Kestra Admiral Premium Member

I don't think it would be that difficult for people to guess. :lol:

4. nureintier

nureintier Commander Red Shirt

since I am bored now I will list what I got people, too:

-my mom: a 9.7" tablet and a case for it, See's buttercreams (1 lb), other candy, Joann fabric's gift card
    -my brother: new headphones, money, candy
    -my dogs: whole bunch of Kong wubba toys, nylabone dinosaur chew toys, other snacks. I ordered them Star Trek collars but they are still backordered, so no idea when they will arrive. :vulcan:
    -cousins: chocolates, chocolate covered pretzels
    -grandparents: same as cousins, also baked them a cheesecake
    and random other small things for people and their pets.

Then, when I went to my cousin's, they bought my mom the same box of chocolates I got her. So I am wondering if maybe she'll just give some back to me if I ask nicely, she has 2 damn pounds of buttercreams... I'm not big on chocolate though. If she offered to give me some, though, I'd take them...

5. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

Decided to keep the iPhone. :)

6. Gryffindorian

Gryffindorian Vice Admiral Admiral

This pretty much sums it all up.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  7. jaz'a

jaz'a Vice Admiral Admiral

Gave:

to my secret santa - blown up photos of her new baby in some frames.
    To the nieces/nephes: hats and an itunes gift card.

Got:
    One of those coffee pod systems.
    A tea cup/saucer display thing from mom.
    A day out with my sister-in-law, who was my secret santa, her treat.

I'm pretty pleased with all my gifts. Wanted one of the pod systems, and I haven't spent time with my SIL in months so it'll be nice to have a girls day out.

8. mari

mari Captain Captain

I got mainly maternity clothes from my parents - which is fair, as I gave Mom a sweater I crocheted for her, and Dad a pair of work pants he requested. Also the new Paul McCartney and William Shatner albums. Heheh. Mom and sister also got a bunch of clothes for the baby, because they love buying baby stuff and don't mind that he won't be here for another 4 months. Sister got me and my husband a gift card for a local restaurant/pub that we love, and we got her a minion t-shirt and a screaming flying monkey toy (I swear she's pushing 30 but this is what she likes). Got my husband a pair of weightlifting gloves, exactly like the previous pair but without the torn seams. :) He got me a gift card for Lion Brand Yarn, and a tribble! The cat likes it on "purr" but not on "screaming at a Klingon".

At the in-laws, we did couple gifts with a $25 limit. They got us Cards Against Humanity. OH YES. We gave them a sample basket of the jams that my best friend and I make - a cabernet wine jelly, a hot pepper, a dark chocolate raspberry, and a banana-pineapple-coconut for the nephew. Nephew also received from us some loom bands (he is remarkably crafty, six months ago he was doing origami) and a make-your-own comic book kit (when you're done, you send it away and it returns in real comic book form, glossy pages and all).

From my grandparents, who have about 95 people to buy for (children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren), we got $20 cash, $25 Home Depot gift card, and the 2014 Old Farmer's Almanac.

Saturday we go to the other sister's house. We're giving her and BIL the same thing as last year - a gift certificate for a grown-up dinner out without the kids (my parents babysit). Believe me, this is a thing all four of us need. Her boys are getting a hobby horse that I crocheted (the 3 year old), and stuffed Kanga and Roo and crochet cowboy booties (the 4 month old). I'm not sure what to expect from them, but probably something for the baby's room, since I said I didn't need or want much of anything.

We also got, from my folks, a dresser/changing table for the baby, but we got that a couple months ago and it's been sitting unassembled in my office/the nursery since then. My plan for today is to put that together so I have somewhere to put the clothes he's already receiving. :rolleyes:

9. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

I'm getting snow blower. Get to go pick it out (and up!) today!

10. RevDMV

RevDMV Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

Kids got the electronics they wanted, Ipad Mini for one, NVidia Shield for the other. Wife wanted some updates on here vehicle interior, I have the new lightweight tent I'll be using with the Boy Scout outings.

Santa was good to us :)

11. Captrek

Captrek Vice Admiral Admiral

Received from my partner: socks, slacks, scotch and snacks. I don't mind telling that to everyone on a message board, but I don't like having to say it out loud.

12. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

In Soviet Russia, snow blows YOU!

13. Maestro

Maestro Vice Admiral Admiral

Sorry, man, but the other day my principal accused me of liking Russian music too much.

14. Pondwater

Pondwater Vice Admiral Admiral

Things I gave

The handmade stuff:
    Dolly
    Two no-sew throws
    Knitted cap
    Trivets
    and Tribbles. In fact there are a few left over that are free to a good home.

Then I bought gift cards for everyone else.

15. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

You just blew my mind.

16. Peach Wookiee

Peach Wookiee Cuddly Mod of Doom Moderator

I ended up keeping it and I like it. For one thing, my texting costs will go down.

17. teacake

teacake Fleet Admiral Admiral

I got one present as we did Kris Kringle this year, a gift certificate to this restaurant:

http://cutlerandco.com.au/

And of course it covers the cost for the giver of the certificate to come with me :lol:

Quite pleased about it as I would never go there myself and it's on varying lists as one of the top 10 Aus restaurants and has been for a while.

18. Amaris

Amaris Fleet Admiral Admiral

For a second I read that link as "cut and run," and I felt that such a name wouldn't exactly inspire confidence. I need to slow down when I read. :lol:

19. Tiberius Jim

Tiberius Jim Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I got my wife a new laptop, a bottle of Vince Camuto perfume, a funny t-shirt, a winter jacket and a stocking full of her favorite candy. My sister got a couple of book, as did my dad as well as a cigar. Mom got some blouses and a cardigan, as did my aunt. My uncle loves butterscotch, and we found a set of butterscotch flavored root beers and creme sodas. There were also gifts for all the assorted cousins and in-laws.

I got a Drift HD camera (for use as a helmet/handlebar cam on my bike), Chromecast, a bottle of Fighting Cock whisky (103 proof, BTW :wtf:) gift cards to Kohl's and Target, tickets for my wife and I to the second Giants game of the season in April, and a lighter, cutter and some cigars, as I have recently been trying them out. Also, per tradition, the 2014 addition of the Star Trek Ships of the Line calendar, which is simply amazing this year.

20. CorporalClegg

CorporalClegg Admiral Admiral

I got a sweater, some wool socks (don't even know why I need them), a blanket, and a music player.

I give out books--almost exclusively. Usually antique books suitable for each person. And I write personal notes in the front cover.

I also give out a lot of love. I bottle it up in mason jars and hand it out. Most people just try and sell it on eBay.