Once Upon A Time - Season 2 Thread

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by JD, Sep 30, 2012.

1. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

Loved Ruby & Belle last night! Ruby's new BFF since Mary Margaret is AWOL.

I'd love to have been a fly on the wall when Red and Granny got back together after meeting up with Mom.

Loved the Red & Snow conversation about acceptance.

Regina was actually NICE last night!

Will Henry and Aurora save the day????

2. trekkiebaggio

trekkiebaggio Vice Admiral Admiral

I liked Spencer too, and I think it's good that the old feuds are coming into Storybrooke.

The dream was intriguing, I'm looking forward to seeing what comes of that.

3. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

It was nice seeing that they actually did have something in mind by introducing Sleeping Beauty to the story. My guess is that, aside from being a way for both worlds to communicate with one another, they'll use a combination of the sleeping curse and the dreamcatcher to get them all back to Storybrooke. Especially now that they have access to fairy dust to supercharge the dreamcatcher.

One thing that I don't understand is that the whole point of a bean stalk is to grow beans. So... why aren't they just able to gather them from the one remaining stalk? It's clearly still alive, so it should be growing them, no?

4. Kosh Naranek

Kosh Naranek Captain Captain

So was Ruby's mother Granny's daughter or daughter-in-law? I don't suppose it matters.

RIP Octavian - for short I will call you Gus.

It was nice to see Gold being kind to someone other than Belle. Foreshadowing that Neil is Bae?

5. Enterprise is Great

Enterprise is Great Vice Admiral Admiral

Gold does seem to have a soft spot for Henry so I'm still on the Bae is Henry's dad bandwagon. Another enjoyable Red/Ruby episode.

They should've taken Spencer/King George to the town limits and pushed him over the line so he'd forget...dude will cause trouble again even if he's locked up.

6. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

I think Gold has a soft spot for children in general. As far as we know he has seen no evidence that Henry is his grandson.

7. Mister Fandango

Mister Fandango Fleet Captain

Except that Gold's the one who found Henry and brought him to Storybrooke. That couldn't have been all that random.

8. trekkiebaggio

^I can't remember - did he do that to bring Emma to Storybrooke so that the curse could be broken and he could (he thought) escape to find his son?

9. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

This was pretty cool. I like werewolves and I like Ruby, so it almost couldn't lose. The one downside was that it was so painfully obvious that Spencer killed Mickey, or whoever that mouse was. There was some nice symmetry with Charming giving pep talks to Ruby throughout the story and then her returning the favor at the end.

It looks like the dreams will be the way back for Snow and Emma (no doubt with Aurora along). They'll probably be able to coordinate the use of the cabinet on one side and the fairy dust on the other. But I wonder what's causing these dreams.

10. sojourner

sojourner Admiral In Memoriam

^Gold thoroughly explained it in the episode. It's a byproduct of sleeping spells.

11. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Loved this episode. I adore Ruby/Red, and werewolves are one of my favorite monsters (gee, maybe the two are related?), and I thought we got a lot of great development for her. Also was glad to see that they already made some good progress on the revenge of King George, and Aurora/Henry shared "dream" storylines.
    Is it not on this weekend? Every Monday Blastr does previews of the week's sci-fi and fantasy shows, and there was no mention of OUAT in the Sunday section.

12. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

The next episode ad said "Coming in two weeks . . ."

Apparently, there's some big music awards show next Sunday.

13. Snick27

Snick27 Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

guess we have to wait for 2 weeks to see the next episode.

14. LaxScrutiny

LaxScrutiny Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I don't know, there's a lot to like about Ruby even if she wasn't a werewolf...

15. Greg Cox

Greg Cox Admiral Premium Member

That was Gus-Gus from Disney's CINDERELLA.

You know, I realize Red was blameless this time around, but, really, a guy who used to be a cartoon mouse should probably think twice before trying to date a wolf . . . .

P.S. What do the OUAT writers have against CINDERELLA anyway? So far we've had the Fairy Godmother blown to pieces by Rumple and Gus the Mouse gorily cut in twain. If I was a Wicked Stepsister, I'd be watching my back! :)

16. JD

JD Fleet Admiral Admiral

Good point. I didn't even realize that.

17. RJDiogenes

RJDiogenes Idealistic Cynic and Canon Champion Premium Member

Actually, that just made me wonder if Gold was responsible. Even if it's true about it being a by-product of the sleeping spell, it's quite a coincidence that both of the characters are stuck in the same dream-- and Gold uncharacteristically gave the talisman to Henry for free.

Ah, thanks. It's been ages since I saw that movie.

18. Aragorn

Aragorn Fleet Admiral Admiral

And her boyfriend is being charged with treason for stealing a nuclear submarine while the aliens turned her into one of their own. :p

19. trekkiebaggio

I know it would probably never happen, but how amazing would it be if they could get Isla Fisher to play Ariel.

20. JanewayRulz!

JanewayRulz! Vice Admiral Admiral

I nearly missed last night's ep! :scream:

How can Hook steal Aurora's heart? Is he a sorcerer? :vulcan:

Why did David need to get poked by the spinning wheel needle? Wasn't he under some sort of sleeping curse for the 1st 28 years he was in Storybrook? :confused:

I loved seeing Emma hold her "Mother's" hand while Snow/Mary Margaret was under the sleeping potion's effects, but it made me wonder. Has she ever called Snow/MM Mom? Has Snow ever TOLD Emma she is loved? :)

Having never watched Mulan... and realizing it did not cross with Grimm's fairytales, I still have to ask something. Is Mulan's interest in Aurora JUST because of the promise she made to Phillip? :p

I have to say... if ANYONE can save Regina... its going to be Henry! :bolian: