What games are you playing currently?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by charlhussey, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Bob The Skutter

Bob The Skutter Complete Arse Cleft In Memoriam

EA Challenge Everything (You thought you knew about gaming, like putting out a playable game that's actually complete)

2. Starbreaker

Starbreaker Fleet Admiral Admiral

About 20% through The Last of Us. This is one hell of a game. It's got a great story, it's challenging, and it's genuinely tense and scary in some parts.

3. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

Peferct game. Fun to play, well acted, and a total emotional rollercoaster.

4. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Oh god, you have so much more to go. This game basically tore my heart out. So amazing.

5. martok2112

martok2112 Commodore Commodore

The Last of Us....GotY, FTW!

6. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

I just finished playing it a second time. Not quite as epic the second time around, and the combat was a hell of a lot easier, but it was still such an amazing game. Easily my favorite game of all time.

7. Yoda

Yoda Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm a little confused as to what you're referring to. Got a link? I recall the game having an ending. Not a particularly good or satisfying ending. The game breaking save erase bugs were downright pathetic though.

8. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

^The game "ends" with you sacrificing one of the two friends you have with you over the course of the game seemingly for no reason, destroying a battleship attacking your carrier.

Your carrier presumably then sails on into the Suez Canal to make a last stand against the attacking Chinese/Russian invasion force.

But the actual war, the final assault, none of it happens, you just get the end credits with an audio file of the two characters talking prior to the mission.

It's a very abrupt ending that leaves everything unresolved. The main EA website has had an expansion pack named "Final Stand" as "TBA" for a few weeks now, under Singe player. From the description it basically reads as the final few missions carrying on from the non-ending of the main disc.

So either they didn't have it all finished for the release date, as they rushed the hell out of it thats not suprising. Or it's a Mass Effect situation where the backlash over the unresolved story forced them to make one.

9. Hoser

Hoser Hoser Super Moderator

I played that on my Kindle for about half a year. I loved finding out what the best game combos were, and also
    prepping up the weirdest employees into hackers extreme.

That, and making the most expensive portable game system and naming it BMO.

I'm still playing Terraria, taking a hiatus from MMO's. Now I'm doing multiplayer with my son, he loves taking down bosses together, something I never did get working right in Minecraft.

10. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Far Cry 3 wasn't grabbing me as well as I had hoped. I'll come back to it at some point, but right now I'm just not feeling it.

I decided, after seeing the teaser for the next Uncharted game, to replay that series. Spent most of last night playing the first one, and then woke up this morning and beat the story. :lol: I didn't realize how many hours I spent playing it last night, but apparently I didn't go to bed until about 4am.

11. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Continuing my Uncharted series replay. Finished UC1 yesterday, and today I started UC2. Aside from a few hours where I popped into work and then went to gym, it's all I've been playing all day long. It's been long enough since the first time I played it that I barely remember any of the story, and I'm loving getting to play it again. Naughty Dog sure does make some awesome games.

12. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

I'm currently alternating between Assassins Creed 4, War Thunder, Call of Duty Ghosts and Infamous (all on PS4).

I also have Watchdogs here but i only checked out the first few minutes so i can't judge the game yet.

Asassins Creed is much fun (played the second game on the 360 which was equally good) and i just recently progressed enough in the story to unlock all the gear including the wrist daggers.

Parcour in Havanna is awesome! :techman:

13. BigFoot

BigFoot Admiral Admiral

I finished Watch Dogs yesterday and I just started playing the PS3 version of Final Fantasy X.

14. SPCTRE

SPCTRE Badass Admiral

I'm trying to get some Mass Effect 2 in when I can find the time (which I usually can't at the moment) in preparation of my definitive, penultimate (yeah, right, I don't even believe it myself :lol:) Mass Effect 3 playthrough.

Incredibly, seeing the spouse play Mass Effect 3 gave me the hots for that game, even though I didn't enjoy it as much as its predecessors back when I first played it.

15. Kelthaz

Kelthaz Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

I'm trying to finish up Pushmo on the 3DS. 248 out of 252 puzzles solved.

16. FPAlpha

FPAlpha Vice Admiral Premium Member

Coincidentlally i found ME2 the weakest of the series.. you basically run around assembling your team for 80% of the time and the rest is for the main story. It was a good game but i vastly prefer the story of ME1 and ME3.

17. RoJoHen

RoJoHen Awesome Admiral

Aaaaaand I beat Uncharted 2...in about a day and a half. I am embracing laziness this week and spending all of my free time playing video games. :p

18. Yoda

I revisited the ending on YouTube:

So in the last mission you show Chinese good guy that you've been protecting/getting out of Dodge to the Chinese soldiers who you'd been fighting. And they're like "shit Chang said you were dead, blamed the US, etc, but now we're on your side!" Chang needs for that to not get out and be credible, so he goes all in on sinking you with his flagship... and you go blow him up somehow and for some reason have to pick someone to sacrifice because... drama?

Anyway at that point the story is more or less over, Chang's flagship is toast (was he on it? who knows, I don't think they say, it is a shitty narrative and it's hard to to tell what's going on and why). The newly friendly Chinese troops can hold up Chinese Good Guy like Simba for all to see, and everyone stops shooting. They end with that presumably earlier and previously unheard conversation after black guy and chinese girl finally get along, but before one is sacrificed... ya know... cause... uhhh... philosophy... poignancy... and stuff...
    I think "Last Stand" is just the last multiplayer expansion pack, like "End Game" was for BF3. That seems reasonable, BF3 had 5 expansion packs as its DLC suite, and it looks to be the same for BF4.

I don't think any more story stuff is coming for this game.

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Admiral Admiral

That's disappointing. Your post pretty much sums up the major problems with the ending, too much that needed wrapping up that simply wasn't, leaving a lot of it ambigous.

I wasn't exactly expecting one of CoD's 'big damn endings' but I was expecting better closure.

And on that note, currently replaying a run-through of the Modern Warfare trilogy.

And Team Fortress 2 after the Bread update. That game has hit a new low, and that's...not even funny anymore.

20. Yoda

I don't get why they try to ape COD so heavily in the first place. Their tech pretty much begs for a more open design, with less scripting and more holy shit emergent gameplay. Not this run down a corridor and watch a mo-capped cut-scene shit. I feel like there's an interesting single player experience hiding in there somewhere and they just don't want to try and find it. Something more along the lines of the older Ghost Recon titles, but with destructibility and helicopters.