The Father (Mickey from Doctor Who) [SPOILERS]

Discussion in 'Star Trek Movies: Kelvin Universe' started by foreverton, May 16, 2013.

1. foreverton

foreverton Ensign Newbie

I'm a bit confused by his motivation to kill himself in the attack on the archive/weapons research lab in London. After his daughter just showed signs of getting better thanks to Harrison's blood, why would he be so eager to kill himself? Was that an unspoken part of the deal...a cure in exchange for him carrying out the attack?

2. BigMovieGeek

BigMovieGeek Commander Red Shirt

Yes it was part of the deal. If you recall, Harrison gave Mickey a sample of his blood and the detonation device in the same container.

3. WarpFactorZ

WarpFactorZ Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

We can beam a man to Qo'nos, but we can't beam a tiny explosive into a library?

4. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

It might be shielded against transporters.

5. BigMovieGeek

BigMovieGeek Commander Red Shirt

I'm sure if he had beamed out, Harrison would have found out and hunted him down.

6. Awesome Possum

Awesome Possum Moddin' Admiral

Didn't Marcus say that they got a message from him revealing that it was Harrison? Maybe he let himself die because he feared what would happen to him if he didn't die in the explosion. I think TOS mentioned that they still have the death penalty for certain crimes.

7. MacLeod

MacLeod Admiral Admiral

Starfllet General Order 7, TOS "The Menagerie" mentiones that violation carries the death peanlty the only order which does.

Though I believe some Member words had the death penaltyy TOS "The Cloudminders".

8. Phily B

Phily B Commodore Commodore

He did send the message to Marcus about Harrison before blowing himself up, I think he was probably scared that if he didn't do what he was told then Harrison would kill him and his family.

9. lawman

lawman Fleet Captain Fleet Captain

It's also possible that Harrison simply lied to him about how quickly the explosive would react, and he thought that he would have time to get clear of the area.

10. Admiral Buzzkill

Admiral Buzzkill Fleet Admiral Admiral

It's also possible that he felt such enormous shame about what he was going to do that he chose to die rather than live with the consequences. That happens.

11. DaveyNY

DaveyNY Admiral Admiral

DaveyNY from Skin-Neck-Ta-Dee (Schenectady)
    I knew I knew him...

Didn't click though till I read this threads title.

Kinda neat... another Dr. Who "Crossover".

<chuckle>

12. Flake

Flake Commodore Commodore

He received the blood and the ring at the same time and administered it to his daughter, he also saw her recovering almost instantly before the blood even went into her system (it was still in the water).

THEN he goes and kills himself instead of telling the authorities.

I can't explain it!

(I can explain it, its a Kurtzman Orci script!)

13. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

It wasn't really a library, it was Section 31. I'm sure they had transport inhibitors, as others have already said.

14. Cartoonist

Cartoonist Captain Captain

I can explain it: if he didn't fulfill his end of the deal, Khan could've just as easily come back and killed his daughter (and I'm sure Mickey knew that).