Crossovers that never happened but you wish would

Discussion in 'TV & Media' started by The Borgified Corpse, Sep 22, 2009.

1. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

in theory yes, but when you think about it, no.

think about it, all those very public alien invasions, when did that happen in the Law & Order time line? British society in the Whoverse (& most likely the whole of humanity) is very different in the Whoverse than it is in the real world, something that is not seen on Law & Order.

It is bad enough that Without a Trace never refrenced the Cabbie Killer of CSI NY, despite being in the CSIverse, for a show that is apparntly set in the Whoverse not to metion the alien invasions is just crazy.

2. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:I wonder if the supernatural & mythic creatures were consulted about that

3. Trekker4747

Trekker4747 Boldly going... Premium Member

Just imagine, Dr. Lightman comes down with some Mysterious Ailment of the Week and gets refered to Dr. House (this is the only way "it'd work" because for House to be a subject for Lightman's job, House would have to break a law... majorly... er, super-majorly. ;) With Lightman visiting House both can "win" the confronations without really hurting either characters.

Both characters' fascination with lies and lying would be an interesting to see them interact on.

4. Ben Sisko3

Ben Sisko3 Commodore Commodore

The only thing that could ever get me to tune into House is a guest appearance by Ted Danson as John Becker.

5. Joy

Joy Commodore Commodore

OMG. Can't believe I didn't even think of Becker and House crossing over.

You know what my ultimate crossover would be? Gregory House, Perry Cox, John Becker, Hawkeye Pierce, Trapper John, Rodney McKay, Leonard McCoy, and Neil MacNeill...

...All my favorite snarky doctors, stuck together under one roof... The insaneness of it would implode the universe.

Joy

6. Dusty Ayres

Dusty Ayres Commodore

JAG is owned by CBS Television Studios, while the Magnum character is owned by NBC Universal Television. Neither would agree to such a crossover, unless both shows were made by the same company.

7. PlainSimpleJoel

PlainSimpleJoel Fleet Admiral Premium Member

Very true. It would be interesting to see if Heroes and Dr Who did a crossover and what would happen if the Doctor met Sylar. Read a few fan fics about it.

8. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

:guffaw:

1) Christopher Eccleston has already been in Heroes

2) the BBC did a Torchwood / Heroes crossover promo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G7_GzyAyFQI

9. Allyn Gibson

Allyn Gibson Vice Admiral Admiral

I wasn't asking for a crossover episode; I just want to see John Munch expand his links throughout the television cosmos. He's appeared on shows as varied as Homicide, Sesame Street, and Arrested Development. Why not add Doctor Who? The TARDIS could land in New York City, the doors open, Matt Smith pops his head out and sees John Munch, and then it takes off again. Really, not that different than "The Chase."

10. Captaindemotion

Captaindemotion Admiral Admiral

You forgot about Eric Roberts having been in Heroes and also being The Master in the Paul McGann telemovie. Or would you just prefer to forget about the latter? ;)

11. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

good catch, I had forgotten about that

isnt that still a crossover? the fictional Detective John Munch appearing in Doctor Who, pretty much tells us that Doctor Who & Law & Order share the same reality.

12. Allyn Gibson

Well, yeah, it's a crossover, but I don't need to see an episode where the Doctor and John Munch team up to take down crime in New York City. Just have the Doctor meet Munch. :)

I thought, a few years ago, it might've been interesting to add Martha Jones to Casualty (or whatever the big BBC medical drama is), after she left the Doctor.

13. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

It's established in Doctor Who lore that alternate realities exist, so in theory The Doctor could turn up in the CSIverse.

It'd be shit though, so let's not do that.

14. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

alternate realities do exisit, but RTDs wasted alternate realities, when he wrote Rose out. The Doctor can not travel to alternate realities now.

As for Martha on Casualty same problem, Casualty has never mentioned any of the Whoverse aliens invasions, besides Casualty has already had a kid wearing a cyberman mask, clearly making Doctor Who a fictional show in the Holbyverse.

never mind that the Casualty set was used in Torchwood: Children of Earth ;)

15. Allyn Gibson

Wamdue, when the hell has anyone ever let continuity get in the way of telling a good Doctor Who story? If Moffat or the writers and producers that follow want to tell an alternate universe story, do you think that he'll let "Journey's End" stand in his way? If you answer yes, you're daft.

16. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

this is true, however I would question it.

17. Mr. Laser Beam

Mr. Laser Beam Fleet Admiral Admiral

No.

Munch appeared on X-Files and L&O, yet those two shows obviously do not share a 'verse.

Besides, Homicide - which *does* share a continuity with L&O - has already established that XF is fictional within it. So therefore XF is fictional in L&O as well. The fact that Munch appeared in both, is irrelevant.

18. wamdue

wamdue Admiral Admiral

but doesn't a fictional element (usually a character) from one show, appearing in another one, always prove that the two shows are in the same verse?

the problem is shows do not pay enough attention to these things, and get sloppy.

You cant have the case of Law&Order in one episode watch (or talk about watching) the X-Files and then in the next one, meet Mulder & Scully?

19. Shazam!

Shazam! Rear Admiral Rear Admiral

They used an alternate reality way back in Inferno during Pertwee's era.. It's not an RTD thing.

Anyway, of course The Doctor can travel to an alternate reality. If the plot needs it to happen, it'll happen.

20. Allyn Gibson

Larry Niven's Kzinti appeared in Star Trek, but that doesn't mean that Niven's Known Space universe is part of the Star Trek universe. There are similarities, but there are also vast differences.